Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Hey while your sipping your green tea being proud clean that glass!!!! LOL :D

It was spotless when Hypostatic visited - just ask him! I have to use the magnet twice a day actually. Lots of diatoms.

Hopefully Benny can test my water for silicates tomorrow when he gets his slimy leather shipment from me.

• Like 2

Sprained my foot yesterday :( Hurts :(

It was such a nice day, I was walking to lunch with my family and twisted my foot on a raised manhole. I was able to ice it and the pain is way better, but I have a transdermal pain patch on it right now, since last night. No hip hop class this week. :(

ouch get better soon

High heels seem so uncomfortable, why do people want to wear them?

Changed out the DI resin in the RODI unit yesterday. I know what the inline TDS was saying but my tank was saying something else. Diatoms usually appear when my DI resin is exhausted.

In the past I've always ordered the dwarf ceriths from John, but I can't stand the little guys all over the sand bed even if they do a stellar job of cleaning up this stuff. Plus with the hoffer in the overflow, there is a real possibility of a dwarf cerith plugging up the holes I drilled.

I opted for Nassarius which keep the sand bed aerated. I have nerites and turbos which are very lazy as far as snails go, maybe they have less to eat because I have diatoms and not green film algae. Stocky ceriths are diatom eaters, those are hard to come by, shipments from John don;t have the best survival rate for that species, I'm not sure why. I picked up 5 of them from my LFS the other day, I like it that they are hanging out on the glass eating the crap.

The next order of CUC will have to be an expensive one, to try to get diatom eaters. Wish the LFS would carry chitons.

Looks like a very peaceful little corner!

I enjoy sitting there and getting a different view.

• Like 3

Inline TDS is not temp correcting so in the winter / spring it will read low due to the cold water. The TDS3 for $30 (Amazon) is a good temp correcting meter to double check output. :)

• Like 2

In the past I've always ordered the dwarf ceriths from John, but I can't stand the little guys all over the sand bed even if they do a stellar job of cleaning up this stuff. Plus with the hoffer in the overflow, there is a real possibility of a dwarf cerith plugging up the holes I drilled.

It's probably for the best. Those dwarf ceriths are getting caught up in people's gyres and breaking the fins. I stopped getting them long because they would get into my vortechs and skimmer pumps.

"...Whaaaat. I demand fat tang gifts..."

We can form a "Fat Tang Clan". Wu hoo.

Your tank corner is looking awesome!

Thanks!

My poor tang was beat to death by Mama Ruby the jerk clownfish. Mama Ruby was traded in, she was a BBF (Big beautiful fish :rolleyes: ) So I covet any fat tangs I see in peoples tanks. I hope someday to be able to get a small but fat tang for my tank. That would be fantastic.

Well.. It is bed bath and BEYOND.... =)

Ha ha

It's probably for the best. Those dwarf ceriths are getting caught up in people's gyres and breaking the fins. I stopped getting them long because they would get into my vortechs and skimmer pumps.

+1

I wouldn't get any work done! I would just sit in that chair all day :)

:D I have yet to have a glass of wine and sit there. Maybe I will do it tonight, I did open a nice bottle of Pinot grigio just yesterday.

ERRMAGERD! That tea brick - that's like the brick from China that was in my fridge, the first tea we had.

Inline TDS is not temp correcting so in the winter / spring it will read low due to the cold water. The TDS3 for $30 (Amazon) is a good temp correcting meter to double check output. :)

I have 2 of those, maybe I should break them out. :blush:

So I spent the day walking in Manhattan with a Slimer frag in my purse. Critter wanted a tour or something. Hehe. Actually no, I was to meet someone who wanted the frag but we were unable to meet.

• Like 3