inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

541634_10204767093029797_431564855756627

We're planning on replacing him with a pink streaked wrasse. It will be interesting to see if she decides to be buddies with him, the kole tang, or the flame angel when they're added. Any new fish she hangs out with for a bit and then she goes back (or went back) to the wrasse. She picked sand with the sand sifting goby for a couple dasys and she hung out and picked at rocks with the mandies. lol Is your rabbit also the welcome comittee for new comers?

Your rabbit is so pretty.

I haven't added anybody new since the rabbit. A sharknose goby but I was very stealthy in adding that guy, he's so small I didn;t want him to get eaten, plus it's not really a swimming type of fish so he didn't get noticed. I have to say, much as the rabbitfish isn't my fav fish, it's personality is very pleasant for such a big guy. He's always out and about. Fed him some caulerpa when Hypo was over yesterday. The caulerpa was inhaled in a very short time. He's cute, wish he was scribbled. I can't have him for too long in my tank, he gets very large but as long as I have him, he's enjoyed.

If anyone wants me to take pictures and make me tea, I take requests ;) lol

What about biscuits! You were fed authentic UK biscuits!

• Like 2

Your rabbit is so pretty.

I haven't added anybody new since the rabbit. A sharknose goby but I was very stealthy in adding that guy, he's so small I didn;t want him to get eaten, plus it's not really a swimming type of fish so he didn't get noticed. I have to say, much as the rabbitfish isn't my fav fish, it's personality is very pleasant for such a big guy. He's always out and about. Fed him some caulerpa when Hypo was over yesterday. The caulerpa was inhaled in a very short time. He's cute, wish he was scribbled. I can't have him for too long in my tank, he gets very large but as long as I have him, he's enjoyed.

Thank you :) Yeah, the size the virgate reaches is one of the reasons I insisted on getting the right fish. I have a better chance of the scribbled staying small since they usually stop at 8" instead of the virgates routine 11". I hope Usgai stops at 8". I'd be very disappointed if she turns out to be larger then average and has to be moved. However, I am pushing the husband for a 150 upgrade in 5 years... So if she takes her time growing... :P

• Like 1

How you like fusion? You play with it much?

I haven't. I must admit i don't know what to do with it or what I could do with it. I check my temp, I adjust my dosing. That's really it.

The Feed mode doesn't work because the DC pump has it's own feed button. The Gyre also does. I use it mainly for dosing, heater, for my T5 lights on/off and the fuge light. AS summer approaches I'll be adding fuge fans to it. But that is really it.

I kill them... fast. No clue what's up with them either

Do you know if you might have MEN, although after they killed all the montiporas, they would have nothing left to feed on so would have died. Montiporas are pretty hardy and hard to kill as far as SPS go IME. They need light and flow and they're happy. I have a colony of Tyree sunset that kills itself once every few months then regenerates from thin air.

Lookin classy up in here, as always B)

Thanks PR

I wish it was as simple as nudis. They would just turn white and die over a few days no matter what I tried. This issue has been since after I could get really good growth from them in my original 10g.

I actually have a booger sized monti now that's doing okay in the 8g but not much growth. I think it will take some more time before it feels at home.

Wow, That Monti in insane! Big fan of the Green Lept as well. Did you move up to a 60G? Been a while since I was on here, I thought I remembered you building out a new one.

Either way, Kudos!

P.s. Whats the deal with this "katropora"? #Need

Hello there. Yeah I upgraded to a 50G.

The Katropora is A. Subulata. It's just a beautiful coral. I had a huge colony that I loathed to frag. It grew very well and was the crowning glory of my tank till the tank upgrade. New low nutrient water caused an STN event. I was able to save a large piece and some smaller ones. They've been in growout for 4 months. Sloooooowly healing. Meanwhile a few folks had the coral from when I sold frags before the tank move. I started a fan thread and that just got people interested in frags. So now I have a wait list with 19 people. :o

And one certified Kat dealer. Expanding the franchise. Have to get Markalot in the fold somehow. :)

Beautiful pics kat everything looks fantastic

Thank you Eugene. :)

• Like 2