Pod Your Reef

12G Long Nano Reef - Tank Crash & Recovery!!

MrNanoReef

It looks fantastic! I love the colors and the contrast with the back wall and painting.

Thanks a lot. I didn't like the apple green at first, i thought it was too bright but now I do :) I didn't paint the whole room though, just two walls, the other two walls are a lighter green.

Marc.The.Shark

Dude, your tank's looking awesome! Don't know if I told you or not, but I wanna be just like you when I grow up! Lol

Let's see a pic of the starburst.

• Like 2

Dude, your tank's looking awesome! Don't know if I told you or not, but I wanna be just like you when I grow up! Lol

Let's see a pic of the starburst.

Thanks man! I'm honoured but my tank isn't fully grown yet...lol, the honour should go to Scorched's awesome 12L tank.

Pic coming, would be interesting to see how it color up, right now just brown and ugly.

Very nice frag!...that angel dont touch any zoas or sps??...is a beauty fish

Thanks. He got the clowns on his @ss and my purple firefish flashes at him so so far he's behaving...lol

• Like 1

Just a quick update to the tank, everything is doing quite well and corals are colorful again and growing quite well.

Love this guy! Been growing 3 more heads :), one more on the other side.

20361554013_8800848f5c_z.jpg

:wub::wub::wub: What kind of blasto? that is beautiful and I need one!!!

Everything is looking awesome, Phuong!

• Like 3

:wub::wub::wub: What kind of blasto? that is beautiful and I need one!!!

Everything is looking awesome, Phuong!

Thanks :) I'm really loving it, i love how it's so meaty and puffy. I believe it was called Cherry Red Blasto, the one behind it is a Peter Pan Blasto (red skirt with neon lime green center). You got dibs when im fragging, but not sure how yet...lol.

• Like 2

Thanks :) I'm really loving it, i love how it's so meaty and puffy. I believe it was called Cherry Red Blasto, the one behind it is a Peter Pan Blasto (red skirt with neon lime green center). I'll let you know when im fragging, but not sure how yet...lol.

Nice! We can trade!

• Like 1

FTS looks fantastic, and I'm trying to figure out how to get to Texas so I can commit blastonapping :)

BLASTONAPPING!!! Love it, Teeny! I'll help :)

Sounds great! looks like we both need to learn how to frag them first...lol

:lol: Yeah, without killing them ;)

• Like 2

FTS looks fantastic, and I'm trying to figure out how to get to Texas so I can commit blastonapping :)

Thanks! hahaha...good one!

BLASTONAPPING!!! Love it, Teeny! I'll help :)

:lol: Yeah, without killing them ;)

I guess I better feed it more often :)

love all the new pics. that starburst monti will be a beauty soon in this tank. great pickup.

Thanks bro! hopefully it will make it until then.

• Like 1

New Starburst Monti frag.

21395475631_89e918e953_c.jpg

What it should look like (not my pic):

starburstmontix_1024x1024.jpg?v=14147674

Man I had a frag just like that, but it died during a bad period inside my fusion 10g. Your tank is beautiful as always!
  • Like 1

Man I had a frag just like that, but it died during a bad period inside my fusion 10g. Your tank is beautiful as always!

Sorry to hear that man, I lost many during my bad time too, missed my Bird of Paradise birdsnest, it was the best piece i had back then.

Sorry to hear that man, I lost many during my bad time too, missed my Bird of Paradise birdsnest, it was the best piece i had back then.

Yeah, we all loose some nice pieces here and there, but whatchagonna do?. Learn from my mistakes is what I do. I would say that almost all of my coral deaths were completely my fault. Like the time that I scraped off my 100 head xenia colony off my glass and nuked my beautiful screaming green birds nest and purple haze colonies! I never thought about doing a water change when I saw all the goo that the xenia expelled. It took me like a year to grow those colonies and I destroyed them in less than a week. Duh! I was so mad at myself.

• Like 1

Yeah, we all loose some nice pieces here and there, but whatchagonna do?. Learn from my mistakes is what I do. I would say that almost all of my coral deaths were completely my fault. Like the time that I scraped off my 100 head xenia colony off my glass and nuked my beautiful screaming green birds nest and purple haze colonies! I never thought about doing a water change when I saw all the goo that the xenia expelled. It took me like a year to grow those colonies and I destroyed them in less than a week. Duh! I was so mad at myself.

I'll remember not to scrape the xenia, but I have them on a separate rock. Usually when I see something weird going on, like the water become cloudy all of a sudden, i change out the carbon bag first then 40% WC asap.

been busy but took a minute to catch up and wanted to say ... glad your tank survived and its looking nice!!

Thanks for catching up! Yeah im glad to say everything is starting to look good again.

• Like 1

Took these shots while doing a WC on Wed. These guys have been in the tank for the longest time, only recently they are starting to grow and color up.

Purple Rim Monti Cap, already starting to split a few places getting ready to swirl :)

20893337484_a39b08a68b_c.jpg

Sunset Monti just starting to spread

20894980043_9c639a4fc0_c.jpg

• Like 5

cant wait to see that monti spread... looks awesome under that lighting

Me too. Who say you need fancy light to grow SPS!

Tank is really terrific... I had one of these a while back, and the dimensions are probably my favorite tank size. But mine was never this splendid :)

Thank you!

Love the monties

Thanks man! The starburst cap has already colored up, i see its turning more red from the pale orange when I first got it.