Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

12G Long Nano Reef - Tank Crash & Recovery!!

MrNanoReef

I'm glad I came across your tank, very cool! I'm am doing the same tank myself and just ordered the Current USA 36-48. I'm glad to see it fits cuz I was stuck between the 24-36 and the 36-48 but looks like I made a good gut feeling choice.

I'm glad you went with the 36" one, it's been working great for me, if there is one down side I'd think it doesn't have any shimmer as with the cree LED so my next option is a DIY fixture controlled by Coralux Storm controller as most of the available Chinese cree LED are too powerful and too big for this tank for my liking.

My happy dendro saying Merry Christmas!!!

This is after being fed, I still can't get it to open like this with light on. Shot with iPhone 4S, stock photo :)

16094211341_a3b837a8a0_c.jpg

• Like 3

love the new FTS!! can't believe this is only 12g.

Thanks man, that final scape took a huge migraine out of me but I'm finally happy with it.

Wow, I like your tank.

Wow never seen it opened like this, must be saying Merry Christmas :)

16103168422_8025cd0fd6_c.jpg

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

:wub: dendro is happy! just give it some time.

also, they all have different personalities. i know

that tinyreef's stays closed almost all day. but still

eats like a champ.

• Like 1

Do you like having the hob fuge?

I like that it's been working great for me and you can't beat the simplicity without having to drill the tank or plumbing. It doesn't look as clean as a hidden sump but I have been thinking a few ways around that.

That skimmer has to be junk though lol. but i guess i can mod it with an air stone.

well for that price, you're paying for the acrylic box and who knows the pump may also be junk...lol

Great looking tank! I am in the middle of planning my own 12 gallon long from Mr. Aqua. I had a couple of questions for you if you wouldn't mind.

If you could go back would you purchase the current usa orbit marine again or would you go with something else? The low profile look to it is exactly what I am looking for due to the space of the tank but I have read people saying it is not strong enough for anything other than soft corals. In such a shallow tank I have to believe its would be just fine for basically anything.

Again, great looking tank.

• Like 1

Great looking tank! I am in the middle of planning my own 12 gallon long from Mr. Aqua. I had a couple of questions for you if you wouldn't mind.

If you could go back would you purchase the current usa orbit marine again or would you go with something else? The low profile look to it is exactly what I am looking for due to the space of the tank but I have read people saying it is not strong enough for anything other than soft corals. In such a shallow tank I have to believe its would be just fine for basically anything.

Again, great looking tank.

Thanks man, yes I would purchase it again if low profile is what im after and brightness is more than enough for any SPSs, under 100% Blue/70% white and everything color up beautifully which indicates good light. The only thing is there is very little shimmering as the LEDs are tiny compare to Cree LED fixture, which is my next DIY project because I wanted the shimmer and better color spectrum and more flexible controlling ability with Coralux Storm Controller.

That latest FTS sure is looking good!

What is the thin, bright yellow piece protruding from the top left side of your central rock? It adds such a nice little burst of shape and color to what is already a lovely display.

• Like 1

This is after being fed, I still can't get it to open like this with light on. Shot with iPhone 4S, stock photo :)

16094211341_a3b837a8a0_c.jpg

Nice Tank! what are you feeding your dendro?

• Like 1

That latest FTS sure is looking good!

What is the thin, bright yellow piece protruding from the top left side of your central rock? It adds such a nice little burst of shape and color to what is already a lovely display.

That is Bird of Paradise birdsnest, it actually has neon green base with purple polyps and it gets very fuzzy at times, one of my fav SPS.

Nice Tank! what are you feeding your dendro?

Feeding all LPS/softies with mysis mixed with coral frenzy. I stopped spot feeding my frogspawns and torch because I fear they will grow too fast for the tank.

• Like 2

ah for the dendro definitely go for something meatier like brine shrimp or mysis. coral frenzy isn't enough for those guys. If they don't really open up during the day it's indicative that they're not really getting enough food to eat.

• Like 1

ah for the dendro definitely go for something meatier like brine shrimp or mysis. coral frenzy isn't enough for those guys. If they don't really open up during the day it's indicative that they're not really getting enough food to eat.

I almost forgot, I did mix brine/mysis/coral frenzy and fed once a week, may be i'll do it twice a week see if it will stay opened. I also suspect my cleaner shrimp messing with it trying to steal food from it which made it hesitate to open.

HI

Tank is looking great. I think I may have too much rock in mine. 1st reef tank. Anyway what is your photoperiod? I noticed you said you are running 100% blue and 70% white. Is that at same time. The people at current usa told me much lower percentages.

What do you think? And how many hours. Any moonlights?

Thanks in advance

Martin