Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

12G Long Nano Reef - Tank Crash & Recovery!!

MrNanoReef

Sorry for the lack of updates, I got caught up in another business doing custom acrylics for nano-reef folks. The tank is doing well and getting back into shape, most corals that made it through the bryopsis battle are recovering well. I'm happy to say I believe all the bryopsis and cladophora are gone and haven't come back for almost 3 weeks now. Will update FTS soon. Coraline are starting to cover the rocks so it helps covering up area where any strands may still existed and will not be able to grow.[/size] The coolest thing happened last night when I went to feed the fish, I found eggs inside the skin of my toxic hammer :) At first i thought WTH is that!!! I thought they were the clowns eggs but taking a closer look they're actually inside the coral skin...Does that mean there will be baby hammers popping up somewhere soon?[/size] 19588513450_1a21a2104e_z.jpgwill do soon, glad your tank is finally wet :)

Thank you, battling the dreaded green algae at the mo, but my snails are doing a great job at keeping it from taking over.

• Like 2

Thank you, battling the dreaded green algae at the mo, but my snails are doing a great job at keeping it from taking over.

Good luck with it, snails help but it won't cure the problem if you introduce it from frags/live rocks, etc. If it's normal green film agea it will go away once the tank is cycled for at least a few months. If it's green hair algea or something else, that's another story.

I think I can finally say I've won the battle. I don't see a single hair algae or bryopsis in a month, most area of rocks are now covered by coraline algae and my corals are recovering very well.

• Like 1

I've got no coral in the tank yet and I used dry rock im 99.9% sure from the diatoms ... I've cut down the light now see if that helps

• Like 1

FTS 7-24-15

Added a new coral, green Goni frag from petco for $14.99, not bad :)

For some reason my purple torch is pissed!!! and my superman monti is still bleached and recovering, not dead, super stubborn SPS just won't die...LOL!!!

20001078885_a911da8b46_z.jpg

• Like 5

Dendro happy again...that means the tank is good again!!!

Really love the green goni, those are some crazy long polyps :)

Shot with iPhone 4S :)

19814718959_9c126d58fa_z.jpg

19380429103_33e1c7b517_z.jpg

19813416450_f74c42c26c_z.jpg

• Like 2

That's lookin good! I wanna be just like you when I grow up! Lol. Hahaha

Thanks Marc...I'm sure your tank will look as good or better once it's grown up :)

Nanofreak79

I have that same dottyback, he beat the hell out of two different fish I tried to introduce......now I added him last to the 68 and he behaves, must just be super territorial.

• Like 1

I have that same dottyback, he beat the hell out of two different fish I tried to introduce......now I added him last to the 68 and he behaves, must just be super territorial.

Yeah I read up about this fish being very territorial. I didn't realized it's a $50 fish, the guy at petco sold it to me for $9.99 as a blenny :). I put him in the 20L frag tank for now, he's the only fish in there.

beautiful FTS!! and love the dendro! hee!

Thanks Cindy!! I nearly killed it a while back when I dipped the rock in peroxide to kill bryopsis, I can't believe it survived and bounced back now, for a while it was completely recessed I thought it was a goner. Loving it more than ever now :)

squirrelieygrrrl

Glad to hear you've pretty much won your battle with byropsis. Mine was sadly lost. Love your tank! Looks awesome. That dendro is pretty awesome. :)

• Like 1

Wow!!!! If my tank could look anything like that I'll b happy!

You could...you're off to a good start!!! :)

Glad to hear you've pretty much won your battle with byropsis. Mine was sadly lost. Love your tank! Looks awesome. That dendro is pretty awesome. :)

Yeah im so glad it's finally over and corals are coming back miraculously, unbelievable how some of the LPS/SPS are extremely hardy even after exposed to peroxide. Surprisingly softies like mushroom and xenia were not very tolerance to h2o2. Dendro is fat and puffy now that feed my tank 2-3 times a week so feeding make a big difference.

FTS 7-24-15

Added a new coral, green Goni frag from petco for $14.99, not bad :)

For some reason my purple torch is pissed!!! and my superman monti is still bleached and recovering, not dead, super stubborn SPS just won't die...LOL!!!

20001078885_a911da8b46_z.jpg

Looking great!!

• Like 1

My dendro last night after 40% WC...I've never seen it like this before!!! loving it even more now...so dramatic!!!

PS. Off-topic...anyone here into photography?

20118046525_7115393335_z.jpg

• Like 3
HarryPotter

My dendro last night after 40% WC...I've never seen it like this before!!! loving it even more now...so dramatic!!!

PS. Off-topic...anyone here into photography?

20118046525_7115393335_z.jpg

Wow, that's an incredibly happy Dendro and an amazing quality photo!

• Like 1

Wow, that's an incredibly happy Dendro and an amazing quality photo!

Thanks bro! I think that's my bad-tank sensor from now on :)

it's iPhone 4S photo, no color editing at all!!!