inTank Media Baskets

12G Long Nano Reef - Tank Crash & Recovery!!

MrNanoReef

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year Reefers!!!

Wishing everyone a 2016 filled with new tanks, more fishes, more corals, less algae and other unwanted craps!

Seriously...2016 is going to be a great year!

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
Marc.The.Shark

Love the tank, great job. Just a questions, i have the same current-usa light and was wondering were you purchased the plastic light stands or did you make them?

Phuong makes them for sale on his site, Oceanbox Designs. Click the link in his sig. He does amazing work!

• Like 1

Love the tank, great job. Just a questions, i have the same current-usa light and was wondering were you purchased the plastic light stands or did you make them?

Marc is right, I designed and produced them, they are available to order at my website: http://oceanboxdesigns.com

Thanks

Phuong

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just joined this forum a few weeks ago, first I want to say beautiful tank, secondly looks amazing, and thirdly where can I get a tank like this? and what will be the price, I have a regular 10 gallon, but this one is way nicer, If you have time I will appreciate you letting me know, if not I understand.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

I am interested in both tanks, then I could make a decision based on your answer.

Thank you.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Hi, I just joined this forum a few weeks ago, first I want to say beautiful tank, secondly looks amazing, and thirdly where can I get a tank like this? and what will be the price, I have a regular 10 gallon, but this one is way nicer, If you have time I will appreciate you letting me know, if not I understand.

I am interested in both tanks, then I could make a decision based on your answer.

Thank you.

Welcome to the community Dimitri! You can find aquariums like this one on MrReefer81's online shop, he builds them himself: http://oceanboxdesigns.com/shop/

...but will have some new FTS soon..

:naughtydance:

• Like 2

Thank you.

Welcome to Nano-Reef!

My tank is fully customized. The tank is Mr Aqua 12G long. You can easily setup your own using these available options that I have designed for this tank:

Tank:

1. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/12-gallon-bookshelf-rimless-aquarium-mr-aqua.html

Filtration (pick one option):

1. AIO Reef Conversion: http://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/oceanbox-designs-aio-reef-conversion-kit-for-mr-aqua-tanks/
  2. Aquaclear AC70 w/Surface Skimmer: http://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/aquaclear-ac70-surface-skimmer/

Lights:

1. 36-48" Orbit Marine LED w/Lightmaxx Riser: http://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/lightmaxx-stands-current-orbit-marinepro-led/

It's been 6 months since I updated this tank, there is not much of an update other than some new growth and clean up the tank scape a bit. First thing first.

Just received my box of goodies this morning from Aqua SD and im excited for the new addition including my first BTA.

1. Blue Asteroid Cyphastrea
  2. Jack O Lantern Lepto
  3. Ultra Rock Anemone
  4. Super Fire Digi Colony
  5. Setosa Monti
  6. Duncan Frag 3 to 4 heads
  7. Toxic Green Monti Cap
  8. Rainbow BTA (my first one)

26048362282_306d146b02_c.jpg

Awesome mini colony of red digi.

25867977530_7cffb4b7c8_c.jpg

FTS before new animals :)

25538211993_0a31959cb9_c.jpg

• Like 4
Marc.The.Shark

Hey man, let's see that Ultra RFA! I want one pretty bad. AquaSD looks like they have some nice ones, cant wait to see what u got!

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

AquaSD has been my vendor of choice for the last year or so. Their weekend sales always has something I want.

I ordered from them once about 6 months ago or so & was very pleased with the prices & the coral. I'll def order again if/when I get the new tank running! Lol

Hey man, let's see that Ultra RFA! I want one pretty bad. AquaSD looks like they have some nice ones, cant wait to see what u got!

Hey man, I can't take pic of Ultra RFA since he still curled up and not fully opened but he is vivid orange with white skirt, very beautiful.

Here are some of the new frags. Now the hard part is deciding where each one would go on their final rest spot :)

26098446092_635ff03948_c.jpg

26124581911_e321c88def_c.jpg

• Like 5
Marc.The.Shark

Hey man, I can't take pic of Ultra RFA since he still curled up and not fully opened but he is vivid orange with white skirt, very beautiful.

Here are some of the new frags. Now the hard part is deciding where each one would go on their final rest spot :)

26098446092_635ff03948_c.jpg

26124581911_e321c88def_c.jpg

Lol, ok. Liking those! You're gonna love that Setosa, I have the same one & it grows some cool/weird growth patterns; glows like hell under blues. Prob my favorite coral in the tank!
  • Like 2
HarryPotter

Here is my take on making a float switch mount, this is going in my QT tank. Still thinking about adding an airline tube holder on top of the mount but this will do for now.

14664515875_28fb433d78_z.jpg

14664154072_8cd6d5016d_z.jpg

I wish I had the skills to make that haha. Struggling over float switch mounts for a while now

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I wish I had the skills to make that haha. Struggling over float switch mounts for a while now

Thanks. It's actually very easy to bend the acrylic with stuff around your house, you can use your electric stove, heat gun, or even hair dryer on max setting to soften the acrylic and then bend it. Use a price of wood get U-shape bend.

Nice new corals, You should post a video to be able to enjoy even better, thanks for sharing.

Thank you! I will be making more video about this tank if time allows.

Nice, looks like your tank is coming along very nicely. :)

The float switch looks great.

Thanks man! I actually went with a different holder design to fit a very small 2.5" wide overflow box on my tank.

So a strange thing happened....

My RFA went missing two days ago but I spotted her last night after taking out all the rocks as I was very frustrated she just disappeared. It turns out she managed to tuck herself into a keyhole size crevice :o and went under a glued down frag, last night i noticed her tentacles moving under the frag (pink stylo), i had to break the frag off and im waiting for her to move...now move so I can put my frag back :)

So if anyone has RFA went missing, she could be inside any of your rocks!!

26718481925_112e2416b7_c.jpg

26625201962_dc3af0e5ca_c.jpg

• Like 2
Cencalfishguy56

Thanks. It's actually very easy to bend the acrylic with stuff around your house, you can use your electric stove, heat gun, or even hair dryer on max setting to soften the acrylic and then bend it. Use a price of wood get U-shape bend.

Thank you! I will be making more video about this tank if time allows.

Thanks man! I actually went with a different holder design to fit a very small 2.5" wide overflow box on my tank.

So a strange thing happened....

My RFA went missing two days ago but I spotted her last night after taking out all the rocks as I was very frustrated she just disappeared. It turns out she managed to tuck herself into a keyhole size crevice :o and went under a glued down frag, last night i noticed her tentacles moving under the frag (pink stylo), i had to break the frag off and im waiting for her to move...now move so I can put my frag back :)

So if anyone has RFA went missing, she could be inside any of your rocks!!

26718481925_112e2416b7_c.jpg

26625201962_dc3af0e5ca_c.jpg

take a shot of the BTA!
  • 1 month later...