Cultivated Reef

12G Long Nano Reef - Tank Crash & Recovery!!

MrNanoReef

This is a whole new animal right here! :lol:

:)I can't believe I was able to catch this shot right in my own tank. Happy Dad Reefers' Day!!!

27774854085_504c63c76d_c.jpg

• Like 10

beautiful photo.

This tank is top tier as well

Thanks, recently had an issue with Ca/Alk ran out of whack on me and still trying to get them back on track. Hopefully no corals are suffering from this.

Looks great!!! What happened with your BTA??

Mr. Nemo decided to pound it so hard that it was pushed against the rock, which she never moved, stressed out and melted within a day :( I guess it was so small that it couldn't handle all that stress.

sucks about the nem..How big are your clowns? They look pretty big in your fts. Been wanting a nem but I can only afford small ones. Forgot that nems can have that problem.

• Like 1

Sorry about the BTA :(

But the FTS looks fantastic! :D

Thanks. Your tanks are alway looking great, any tips on dosing? Mine isn't looking as good as yours, I dose C-Balance and Reef Plus.

sucks about the nem..How big are your clowns? They look pretty big in your fts. Been wanting a nem but I can only afford small ones. Forgot that nems can have that problem.

I've had the clown for almost 2 years, the female looks to be about 2-2.5", the BTA was small about the same size opened.

Awesome. :wub:

Thanks, they're easily my most entertainer in my tank :)

• Like 1

Thanks. Your tanks are alway looking great, any tips on dosing? Mine isn't looking as good as yours, I dose C-Balance and Reef Plus.

I've had the clown for almost 2 years, the female looks to be about 2-2.5", the BTA was small about the same size opened.

Thanks, they're easily my most entertainer in my tank :)

I dose Seachem Reef Fusion 1 and 2, NoPox, and Red Sea Reef Energy A and B. I used to dose Acropower instead of Reef Energy, and I may go back to Acropower just because it's not refrigerated.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
MrNanoReef

Happy 4th of July Nano Reefers!

I took 2 days to clean up frags on the sandbed, rearranged some corals and gluing frags to rocks. After doing a wc yesterday and cleaned up detritus in the POB sump which wasn't a good smell at all...lol I thought it's time for a new FTS. I have not taken any new FTS since April.

27959782062_b7efda6d7c_c.jpg

I really love the extension on this guy

27985259871_3ee5b6b084_c.jpg

Starburst monti is growing nicely, easily my fav monti cap. Took this shot while the water was half way drained and waiting to fill up with new water.

27985259651_6168d4b5a8_c.jpg

• Like 5
MrNanoReef

I'm excited waiting for 9 new frags coming next Wed. I think my tank is ready for some acros :)

Also forgot to mention the addition of the MAME III skimmer which has been working wonderfully inside the overflow box and already produced nasty skimmate after a month.

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Wow! Nice shot! Looks great my friend. Still wanna be like you when I grow up! Lol. Love the "pop" under blues!

MrNanoReef

Wow! Nice shot! Looks great my friend. Still wanna be like you when I grow up! Lol. Love the "pop" under blues!

Thank you bro! It's my most epic shot so far and I'm loving the way the corals are right now. I still don't know where to put the neon toadstool cause I heard it's going to grow huge. How is your tank progress coming along?

• Like 2
Marc.The.Shark

Thank you bro! It's my most epic shot so far and I'm loving the way the corals are right now. I still don't know where to put the neon toadstool cause I heard it's going to grow huge. How is your tank progress coming along?

Getting close, only a year in the making, got everything pretty much set up. Just been working a lot out of town to the tune of a couple weeks at a time. Summertime is hectic for me at work. Looking to get it wet beginning of August. Have one more stretch at the end of July that I'll be gone for 10 or 11 days, then I'll be mixing up some water!! lol. Keep an eye out.....Shark 'N' Awe. hahaha

• Like 1
MrNanoReef

That last FTS is great! Did you use a filter on the camera?

Thanks! I used an orange gel and custom WB in camera as well as in LR.

• Like 1

Thanks! I used an orange gel and custom WB in camera as well as in LR.

It turned out great! I have some yellow gel filters but they don't really help. I'm going to have to get a complete set of colors and try some orange :)
  • Like 1
MrNanoReef

It turned out great! I have some yellow gel filters but they don't really help. I'm going to have to get a complete set of colors and try some orange :)

Thanks! The yellow will give you too much green tint, orange or amber (darker orange) works much better.

• Like 1

Thanks! The yellow will give you too much green tint, orange or amber (darker orange) works much better.

Yep, that's exactly what happened :happy:

• Like 1
MrNanoReef

Always happy to see this

28119866646_567a107b33_c.jpg

More goodies :) and it's nice to not float the bags in the display and hitting and pissing off all the corals.

28075920481_6becb04a9b_c.jpg

• Like 3