Innovative Marine Aquariums

12G Long Nano Reef - Tank Crash & Recovery!!

MrNanoReef

25 minutes ago, MrNanoReef said:

This thread is dead but the tank def isn't!

Here is the latest update on the tank and its current stage. Basically a few weeks ago a tank crash happened due to a malfunctioned ATO. I was to blamed as I didn’t bother to clean the sensor float switch  for months, it got stuck on low and dumped 2.5Gal of RODI into a 12G tank. Basically that equates to drastic changes in such a small water volume and crash the tank but luckily, despite losing some lps and sps colonies, everything else are still hanging on and recovering.

After approximately 2 months I decided it’s time to remaster this tank. My initial plan was to get rid of all the dead corals, rescape, and glue all loose frags in but I what I actually did was all that plus scraped the entire back glass to remove some turf algae built up and vacuumed out the HOB sump in the back. Finally it feels like a whole new tank again! No more loose frags, no more frag racks, no more dead area or rocks touching the back glass...

This is the new 12G Reef 2.0! What do you guys think?

I like it! 😊

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
15 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I like it! 😊

Cheers! 🍻

11 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Looking good! Keep the updates coming! 

Thanks and will try my best! We have a baby due in less than 2 weeks so gotta be working a lot harder...

11 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

It looks great after the remodeling @MrNanoReef, wow! Very tidy now with everything glued down and in place, it's going to be fun to watch it all fill in again.

Thanks Chris! I'm actually amazed how just a bit of work can make a huge difference already seeing what I thought was dead coming back before my eyes. Usually people lost interest right about now and but for me it's a perfect time for a change and kind of turned the switch back on from being neglected to full attention. Will see how it goes from here!

9 hours ago, Thetravelguy said:

And to think I have a mr Aqua 12 long sitting empty 🤔 definitely inspiring tank! 

Appreciate that! Time to get it wet!! 🙌

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...