Innovative Marine Aquariums

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Got one semi decent picture of one of the Sexy Shrimps, they are really tiny - about 5mm (0.2") long. Saw them this morning briefly but are now hiding somewhere. Haha.

sexy_001.jpg

• Like 10

This Monti is SWEET! Tank is looking really good! Like the layout. How do you like the Kessil so far?

Can anyone ID this monti for me? The colours were cool, so I couldn't resist.

monti_001.jpg

• Like 2

So errr. This kind of happened when I visited the LFS yesterday. :lol: The smaller one has a total smiley face marking on his dorsal fin, it's pretty awesome. :lol:

picasso_001.jpg

This Monti is SWEET! Tank is looking really good! Like the layout. How do you like the Kessil so far?

Thanks. I'm enjoying the Kessil so far. I guess I'll know more when I have more corals but it provides what I feel is the perfect looking light for my tank. So I'm happy.

• Like 10

Sorry the fish never arrived. Your photos are awesome. Wish I knew how to balance the colors on mine. I'm using the same light and they always come out blue :( But that's okay...gives me a good excuse to drool over yours :)

So errr. This kind of happened when I visited the LFS yesterday.

picasso_001.jpg

Thanks. I'm enjoying the Kessil so far. I guess I'll know more when I have more corals but it provides what I feel is the perfect looking light for my tank. So I'm happy.

Oh not good :(

Sorry the fish never arrived. Your photos are awesome. Wish I knew how to balance the colors on mine. I'm using the same light and they always come out blue :( But that's okay...gives me a good excuse to drool over yours :)

Oh not good :(

If you have a camera capable of shooting in RAW then you've won half the battle. :) About the fish... I traded in my clown for this pair of Picassos. So the day wasn't a total bust. Sexy shrimps + clowns. :P

If you have a camera capable of shooting in RAW then you've won half the battle. :) About the fish... I traded in my clown for this pair of Picassos. So the day wasn't a total bust. Sexy shrimps + clowns. :P

Oh...well that's good then. I thought the fish was dying in that picture lol Phew. Nice markings :)

What I do is I shoot only with the white on, don't have the blue on at all and still shoot on a Shady setting in my camera. Otherwise, yes, it would be blue all the time.

What I do is I shoot only with the white on, don't have the blue on at all and still shoot on a Shady setting in my camera. Otherwise, yes, it would be blue all the time.

That would help as well for white balance but I like some blue to make the water pop a bit. :happy:

A very nice pair of clowns.

Thanks, they've settled in well and are super chilled. :)

That would help as well for white balance but I like some blue to make the water pop a bit. :happy:

Thanks, they've settled in well and are super chilled. :)

You're photography is right on! Love it. Enjoy your pics very much.

The one is a Royal Gramma, it's my Christmas present from my daughter, it's a fish we both love so that's a win win. :happy: The other is a Flame Angelfish. Yah I know, it might nip at corals but I'm willing to give it a go for it's beauty.

Cute clowns and great photography!!!!!

I desperately want a dwarf angel. Looking forward to seeing yours :).

You're photography is right on! Love it. Enjoy your pics very much.

Thanks. :)

I'm pretty sure we all love a good fish pic

That we do.

Cute clowns and great photography!!!!!

I desperately want a dwarf angel. Looking forward to seeing yours :).

Thanks, they've been a nice addition. I'm holding off on the angel for now, once I have the Gramma I want to tank to settle for a few months. I've had a bit of a cyano outbreak probably due to feeding a bit much so I need to cut back a bit. <_<

• Like 1

It's a Clownfish miracle.

Last night I was upstairs reading and couldn't kick this feeling that had to go fetch a manual downstairs in my office to double check some settings. It was pretty late and the tanks lights were out but with the room light on I can still see what is going on in the tank and I noticed the smaller clown was alone. I did a quick check around the tank and couldn't see the other one. I checked the floor and nothing, I checked the sump and nothing... eventually I looked under the cabinet and there she was, body seemingly lifeless. I really was convinced she was dead - when I shuffled her forward with my baster I noticed one movement of the gills so I thought #### it, let me put her into a cup of salt water. I was cleaning her with the baster... And holy shit, her gills slowly started moving a bit more. 10 minutes later they were moving a bit faster, so I took a chance and put her into the tank. Slowly her breathing increased and so did her fin movement - she flapped around (it was quite sad to watch). At midnight she was sitting upright on the sand still breathing so I figured that was a good sign.

It's 7am now and she's swimming around, I cannot believe it. I'll keep an eye on her but I am truly amazed she is alive. :wub:

• Like 12

You are the clown whisperer. You somehow "knew" and had an unsettled feeling. Hopefully she'll learn that jumping is a bad thing. Phew! as you wipe your brow and try to lower your heart rate.

• Like 1

That's good about the clown. One thing I have learned from by experiences shipping fish across the US is they aren't dead until they rot. I think some of them have 9 lives like cats.

• Like 2

I had an experience similar to that with a pygmy angel in my 30 gal back home. Lights had just shut off for the night when I walked in the room to grab something. I happened to notice that I didn't see the little guy but didn't think too much of it. I got a strange feeling about 15 minutes after that and ended up finding him behind the tank. I put him directly back in the tank and he recovered quickly, probably wasn't out as long as your clown was. Scary stuff but I still refuse to run my tanks with a top, its just too darn ugly.

You are the clown whisperer. You somehow "knew" and had an unsettled feeling. Hopefully she'll learn that jumping is a bad thing. Phew! as you wipe your brow and try to lower your heart rate.

Let's hope she has learnt her lesson. :)

That's good about the clown. One thing I have learned from by experiences shipping fish across the US is they aren't dead until they rot. I think some of them have 9 lives like cats.

Really am still amazed at how she's bounced back.

thats the worst feeling when that happens you act like a crack head looking for the clown lol

good job on the fish save

Hah! Crack addict mode was engaged. :lol:

Under the cabinet ? Good you saved it though

There is a small gap between the sides tank stand and the floor, guessing she fell next to it and flapped around and when under.

I had an experience similar to that with a pygmy angel in my 30 gal back home. Lights had just shut off for the night when I walked in the room to grab something. I happened to notice that I didn't see the little guy but didn't think too much of it. I got a strange feeling about 15 minutes after that and ended up finding him behind the tank. I put him directly back in the tank and he recovered quickly, probably wasn't out as long as your clown was. Scary stuff but I still refuse to run my tanks with a top, its just too darn ugly.

Same thing here. I really don't want to put on a top, so hopefully that is the last incident.