Cultivated Reef

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

clown_001.jpg

I really like your thread and pictures! I really like this clown shot (even though you don't have him anymore haha)

If you have a camera capable of shooting in RAW then you've won half the battle. :) About the fish... I traded in my clown for this pair of Picassos. So the day wasn't a total bust. Sexy shrimps + clowns. :P

So do you just shoot in RAW, and adjust the color balance in photoshop?

• Like 1

Wow that flame angel looks tiny! It adds so much color to a tank. Just keep an eye out, I've definitely seen them nibble on polyps before. I got lucky, when I had my larger tank with my coral beauty angel that she didn't mess with corals at all.

So far it's behaving, and adding the perfect colour and movement to the tank. I'm beyond stoked. :)

Dude , Your set up is KILLER !!! I love the tank great job !!

Thanks man.

I see coral in the background

Haha. Yah. You do... ;)

Dude where's my gramma!.. lol. Still hiding huh?

Who knows, hahaha. Still hiding. :lol:

I really like your thread and pictures! I really like this clown shot (even though you don't have him anymore haha)

So do you just shoot in RAW, and adjust the color balance in photoshop?

Thanks, I miss the little guy, he was cute.

I shoot in RAW yes and then do colour balancing in Lightroom and then any other adjustments in Photoshop.

lil angel's a stunner! Looking good in here

Thanks, loving the Angel. :)

I picked up two Staghorn Acros - goal being to grow them from the floor up to the surface eventually. They look really happy so far, now to keep things stable and watch them grow. Shit just got real. :lol:

staghorn_004.jpg

staghorn_005.jpg

• Like 14

Yup SPS has always been my favorite :) Don't lock away your wallet! You sir have an important task to allow this thread to carry on at a lighting fast pace!

I'm totally in love with SPS since getting these two - I might have to lock away my wallet. :lol:

Really nice staghorns you got yourself, I just got an electric blue stag today myself :).

Excellent. :)

hammer_005.jpg

New addition to the Euphyllia zone, busy getting used to things. :happy:

• Like 10

Your brave to put those acros in there with the flame angel. :scarry:

depends on the angel. mine's a model citizen. i have sps and clams and my flame angel hasn't even tried to nip. (but i keep it lazy by feeding alot.) lol

• Like 1

The new stags look great, the more flow you can give those guys the happier they will be. As for the angel, I have two LeMark Angels and lots of SPS, they don't bother the SPS but keeping Acan's has become impossible with them.

Your brave to put those acros in there with the flame angel. :scarry:

So far the angel seems to be ignoring all corals, it hasn't done anything to make me concerned, hopefully that continues. :)

depends on the angel. mine's a model citizen. i have sps and clams and my flame angel hasn't even tried to nip. (but i keep it lazy by feeding alot.) lol

Mines very well behaved so far as well. Will try keep it fat and uninterested. :lol:

The new stags look great, the more flow you can give those guys the happier they will be. As for the angel, I have two LeMark Angels and lots of SPS, they don't bother the SPS but keeping Acan's has become impossible with them.

Thanks, I'm really loving them. They are in the highest flow area right in the direct path of the mp10, hopefully that keeps them happy. And thanks for the insight into your Angels, I'll keep an eye on the mine and see what it does and doesn't bother. :)

You guys are killing me with these shallow, rimless tanks. I've been designing a tall, 60 gallon corner tank, and then I see these stunning, shallow tanks and immediately start to think...hmmm...how can I do the same? Back to the drawing board.

The same goes for my flame angel.

New addition to the Euphyllia zone, busy getting used to things. :happy:

As usual, another AMAZING pic! Are you a professional photographer? If that's already been stated I apologize, I missed it.

You guys are killing me with these shallow, rimless tanks. I've been designing a tall, 60 gallon corner tank, and then I see these stunning, shallow tanks and immediately start to think...hmmm...how can I do the same? Back to the drawing board.

Haha, thanks. Sorry to confuse you. :lol:

The same goes for my flame angel.

As usual, another AMAZING pic! Are you a professional photographer? If that's already been stated I apologize, I missed it.

Excellent, I like all the good Flame Angel news. :) And yes, I dabble in photography.

Just came across this post. Stunning pictures. Awesome setup. Damnit, now I have hammer envy.

Thanks. Hammers are pretty awesome. :)

In totally unrelated news.

A couple of weeks ago my car was stolen. Earlier this week I got a call from the police saying that they had recovered the car. I got excited until he started telling me what had happened...

Before:

370_48069445659_791_n.jpg

After:

1508100_10152125124190660_1167771160_n.j

1505531_10152125124185660_1609336658_n.j

The car was totally raped for parts. What a sad end to it's life. :tears:

• Like 1

In totally unrelated news.

A couple of weeks ago my car was stolen. Earlier this week I got a call from the police saying that they had recovered the car. I got excited until he started telling me what had happened...

Before:

370_48069445659_791_n.jpg

After:

1508100_10152125124190660_1167771160_n.j

1505531_10152125124185660_1609336658_n.j

The car was totally raped for parts. What a sad end to it's life. :tears:

Damn that is dirty, sorry for your loss of a cool little ride.

• Like 1