Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

That's a great deal!

Considering in the states that what shipping one ends up costing for a set up this size lol. I also don't think I could find a glass supplier here that would quote me sub 200$ for the glass alone for a sump and tank of this size. I am now officially depressed, :tears:

• Like 1

Considering in the states that what shipping one ends up costing for a set up this size lol. I also don't think I could find a glass supplier here that would quote me sub 200$ for the glass alone for a sump and tank of this size. I am now officially depressed, :tears:

Don't be - everything else is more expensive here. :lol:

Aw man, that FTS is just awesome. The brick, the blue, the clean tank, the corals. So epic.

Thanks man, I appreciate the comments.

• Like 2

Mini Update;

I've decided to try running the tank without a filter sock, purely because it's a pain in the ass to rinse out twice a week. It's been a couple of weeks now and clarity on the water is perfect and nitrates are still low - the skimmer is doing some more work which is perfectly fine as it was having too much of a vacation before, haha.

I've been dosing Seachem Reef Fusion 2 Part and Magnesium to get my parameters in line as I noticed a definite decrease over the last couple of weeks (makes sense, things are starting to settle and grow). Alk, Cal and Mag are now all pretty much where I want them, so I'm going to keep track of usage and then calculate a dosing schedule. I have a busy work year ahead, so I'll be looking into a dosing unit to make my life easier. :lol:

Growth Wise;

The Zoas have nearly doubled in numbers, all SPS and LPS are looking good and I can see some growth on most pieces already which is very encouraging.

• Like 6
BeardedReeferLLC

Yah I tossed the filter sock too when I started. Then +1'ed my skimmer and all is good!

That's awesome to hear about all your growth too! Nice FTS too.

die_antwoord.jpg

I do try keep it zef. Haha. :owned:

Hah, when I saw you were from Cape Town I thought "I wonder if he knows Die Antwoord". I guess you do!

Great looking tank also, cant wait to see it grow.

Mini Update;

I've decided to try running the tank without a filter sock, purely because it's a pain in the ass to rinse out twice a week. It's been a couple of weeks now and clarity on the water is perfect and nitrates are still low - the skimmer is doing some more work which is perfectly fine as it was having too much of a vacation before, haha.

I did the same a while back, took the floss out and left it out. The main reason I did it was because I had dumped a couple dozen mini brittles into the fuge and I wanted the food stuff to make it to them. I can't really tell any difference between running floss and not running it.

• Like 1

This tank is pristine. I love the brightness of the entire setup and surrounding environment. It makes the tank seem much more alive and expansive that a closed in box with a giant canopy on it.

Great job on the entire build and stocking. Your photography helps to convey your ideas as well

I hate when Monti's grow the wrong way lol...

OMG this!

Since I have such a small tank (2G Fluval Spec), I mounted my first monti in the upper left corner of tank on the glass...where is started growing ON the glass and back towards the back way exclusively!

Jelly McJellyton.

Haha, thanks.

I just crave this tank :wub:

Just dropping by for my daily photo fix ;)

Hey :) Thanks for popping in. B)

I fink you freaky.

Nice tank

Haha, thanks.

I hate when Monti's grow the wrong way lol...

OMG this!

Since I have such a small tank (2G Fluval Spec), I mounted my first monti in the upper left corner of tank on the glass...where is started growing ON the glass and back towards the back way exclusively!

e65.gif

Wow! This tank is on it's way to TOTM ... keep up the great work.

That's very kind. It's a far way off but I appreciate the kind words. :)

so i need to take a trip to cape town.....

Well... it is summer and the beers are cold. :lol: