Cultivated Reef

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

I like what your doing here, tank is looking lekker :D

Haha, thanks. That's some classic South African slang there. :lol:

In other news, my alk was a bit too low, so I'm dosing that back up over the next couple of days. Corals still seem happy enough so that's a relief. :) But I foresee a doser in my not too distant future.

• Like 1

the tank itself is a true work of art.

Thank you for the compliment.

Very nice pics! Great to see the tank fill in with some real nice corals and fish.

Thanks, that's the easy part - now to make things flourish. :)

Had to pumps off today so thought I'd grab a better picture of the new addition. :happy:

brain_002.jpg

• Like 10
BeardedReeferLLC

Thank you for the compliment.

Thanks, that's the easy part - now to make things flourish. :)

Had to pumps off today so thought I'd grab a better picture of the new addition. :happy:

brain_002.jpg

Damn... I'm Jealous.. FTS?

Damn... I'm Jealous.. FTS?

FTS is coming soon - finally have a weekend with no work so will try get one done. :)

i must seeeee moooooorrrreeee

I'll try supply some more then. :lol:

• Like 1

Nice Trachy 4x5. This tank is turning out to be a show stopper :)

I really like it as well. It had all it's feeders out last night when it was dark - neat to to see.

Man, shots like that makes me want to shop for a new brain :ninja:

Do it! Honestly I wasn't even considering one, but I'm really glad I stumbled onto this one - they're really great. :happy:

• Like 1

It's just finding the right color is tough, and I have such a high energy reef, not sure if they would like the flow...

Yah - it's all about the colour. Mines chilling behind a small rock - so it's not getting huge flow even with the MP10 at 80% - I think you could find a spot - that beast frogspawn must be blocking some flow. :D

Latest FTS;

I've made a few adjustments, Zoas are now where the Euphyllia were and the Euphyllia are now in the back left segment of the tank. Big open spaces in the front now with 3 different colour Staghorn Acros (Blue, Green and a Blue & Green) - placement is not yet right but the vision is that they ultimately grow from the sand to the water level.

I'm looking at getting another open water swimming fish as only the Flame Angel is really exploring.

fts_feb_13_2014.jpg

• Like 28