Pod Your Reef

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

The one thing I love about your build is how futuristic and sleek it looks. Great work! Love your shrimp in particular! :)

Thanks. :) And yah, the shrimp is really a cool guy - my daughter has decided his name is Ignacio. :lol:

Was away for 3 nights, got home and all is well. Which is great for peace of mind when I need to travel. :happy:

I've ordered my next fish which was a Christmas present from my daughter, it'll be a Royal Gramma - she loves the colours and so do I. I've also asked my LFS to try get me a Starcki Damsel, they look amazing and will add a nice burst of colour to the tank - also they seem to be the more chilled of the damsels from what I've read.

Want to go diving with sharks in SA someday...if I ever make it i'll look you up! :D

I'll supply the cold beer. B)

• Like 1

Haven't posted a picture for a while so I'll throw in a quick top down shot so you can get a better feel for the layout. Might need to grab another couple of team members for the clean up crew, that back window needs some love. :lol:

Also thinking of picking up another mp10 for the top left corner once I have more SPS to get some more flow going onto the back rock.

td_001.jpg

• Like 19

Bit of a cell phone snap shot but figured you guys would get a kick out of it. Was in Hermanus this weekend, a town about 150km from Cape Town and there was this great beach. About a 100 metre tide difference between high and low water marks - and there were 1000s of exposed anemones, some cool colours as well.

lowtide_001.jpg

• Like 9
Nano sapiens

Oh and this is our current weather situation. B)

ct_001.jpg

Brings back memories from a trip way back to meet the relatives in the mid 70's. Awesome scenery (Capetown's Table Mountain with the tabletop of clouds was awesome and loved the state parks). What a thrill to see the original preserved Coelacanth.

Folks say I was born in the suburb of Wynberg...and they aught to know :)

Anyway, tank coming along nicely!

Brings back memories from a trip way back to meet the relatives in the mid 70's. Awesome scenery (Capetown's Table Mountain with the tabletop of clouds was awesome and loved the state parks). What a thrill to see the original preserved Coelacanth.

Folks say I was born in the suburb of Wynberg...and they aught to know :)

Anyway, tank coming along nicely!

Small world, Wynberg is just up the road from where I live. And thanks. :)

Wow, lots heppening since I stopped by last. Love the new shots and additions. That monti is awesome, I really like that top down shot as well.

Thanks. :) Everything seems happy and I'm seeing some growth already which is awesome.

• Like 2

love this tank, Im moving soon and thinking of selling my tank to do one like this. Even though this would be smaller than what i have now.

Are there anythings you would of done differently now that its up and running? besides the fact that you probably want a bigger one now :P

Gots me a royal gramma as well. Can't wait for a high caliber pic of the little fellow! Amazing tank BTW, definitely take it slow picking corals out on this bad boy tank. Too beautiful to just throw ragamuffin colors around. Will follow for sure

love this tank, Im moving soon and thinking of selling my tank to do one like this. Even though this would be smaller than what i have now.

Are there anythings you would of done differently now that its up and running? besides the fact that you probably want a bigger one now :P

To be honest, there isn't that much I'd change - so far I'm pretty happy with how things are. Perhaps if there was one thing; I'd have added an overflow box, initially I didn't want one because I wanted to save as much space as possible. My "naked" overflow works pretty well and is well hidden behind the rocks I drilled to surround - so I'm not overly upset about it. It works. :)

As for what's next, well, I'm thinking a 2nd shallow tank, the same size so that I can have a pair of shallow tanks with totally different looks and stock. But that wont be happening for a long time yet. :)

Gots me a royal gramma as well. Can't wait for a high caliber pic of the little fellow! Amazing tank BTW, definitely take it slow picking corals out on this bad boy tank. Too beautiful to just throw ragamuffin colors around. Will follow for sure

Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to getting my Gramma, they really are cool fish - mines hopefully arriving Friday. fingerscrossed

Haven't posted a picture for a while so I'll throw in a quick top down shot so you can get a better feel for the layout. Might need to grab another couple of team members for the clean up crew, that back window needs some love. :lol:

Also thinking of picking up another mp10 for the top left corner once I have more SPS to get some more flow going onto the back rock.

td_001.jpg

Bad ass picture! ;)