Cultivated Reef

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

BeardedReeferLLC

I wouldn't be bothered with SPS for at least a couple more months man. Seen all too much with people and myself throwing SPS in a new tank with it bleaching and dieing. Haha throwing money out of the window.. IMO But I like where your going with removing a few pieces.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be bothered with SPS for at least a couple more months man. Seen all too much with people and myself throwing SPS in a new tank with it bleaching and dieing. Haha throwing money out of the window.. IMO But I like where your going with removing a few pieces.

Yah, I removed my post, it's a long term thing so no point worrying ;) Thanks for the input

I'm going to look for a few pieces to start their growth at the base of the rocks and move up to get some coverage. All depends what comes in.

Idk where to post this so I guess I"ll post it here. I'm planning on getting a bigger tank but idk what size to go. I want it more than 3ft but shallow. Not sure about the width, maybe no less than 18". So any suggestions? (I'm kinda new to this site)

Why not start a thread in the Equipment Forum - http://www.nano-reef.com/forum/31-equipment-forum/ - with what you're looking to do and you'll get more feedback that way. :) A long shallow tank sounds very cool.

• Like 1

totally agree, in good time. i was throwin out suggestions for the grand scheme of this sweet tank!

patrickbruno91

zoas_001.jpg

Picked up some killer zoas ( well, I think they are ;) ) today, they're opening up nicely in their new home. omgomgomg

Those are Killer! I bet they will brighten up more with color under the kessil you have.

Those are Killer! I bet they will brighten up more with color under the kessil you have.

We don't have an abundance of colourful zoas available at any time here in South Africa, so I'm already more than happy with them. Beats the regulation green I keep seeing at the stores. Haha.

Armor of God?

Awesome little colony you have there. Do you mind me asking what they cost over there for that frag? Curious..

No idea what they are called to be honest. Haha. There are about 20 heads on this and it cost the equivalent of $80 - rather pricey but if they grow well I'll consider them an investment.

• Like 1

Those are nice looking palys! :)

Nice score there Shaun!!

Those are absolutely perfect looking !

Thanks all. They are looking good overnight, so I'm stoked. :)

They may even be pink ladies .. if so you got a good deal!

The LFS says I could probably sell them for $10 a head, which if they are nice growers would be great. :)

Price is not too shabby for 20 heads of a nice ass zoa colony.

To be honest, I was more than happy to pay it. We're not swimming in these kinds of zoas down here.

Mini Update;

I removed the central rock, it was too big for my taste and obscuring the view of the back areas. I also split the zoa colony into two pieces and attached them to two smaller rocks (currently hanging centre stage). They're all opened up again and this allows me better options for spreading them around.

tank_011.jpg

• Like 9