Coral Vue Hydros

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Great addition man! Though it looks like the blue portion might be a little bleached...am not so sure though! Since the tentacles aren't bleached as well....and normally when a coral is bleached, the tentacles/polyps will show some kind of bleaching as well....lol.

I did frag it into smaller pieces to spread around so the whiter edges could be some marks from the cuts. I guess time will tell. :blink: Could totally go darker as well. Haha. Looking forward to finding out. :)

• Like 2

:rolleyes::o

:eek:

That's a monti-beautiful coral ya got there. Mighty fine.

Thanks. :)

That's a sexy lookin monti.

I really do like it, so much so that I'm pondering making the tall rock a monti encrusted tower.

That's a Pokerstar Monti :) Very nice! It may even have a slight color change in the future.

Awesome thanks - that definitely is the closest colouration I've seen to mine. :happy:

A new polyp is opening on my zoas, thought that was pretty cool. B) Saw a Flame Hawkfish at the LFS, they aren't the most majestic fish but there is something I really love about them - haha. Wouldn't mind a Mystery Wrasse either. :naughtydance:

• Like 1

Were you born in Africa or just live there? Awesome on the new polyp man!

Thanks. I was born here on the east coast of South Africa but living in Cape Town now. I traded a small town for the city (as one does) and unfortunately warm water filled with Angelfish and Anthias for cold water with kelp. Haha. ;)

• Like 2
Thanks. I was born here on the east coast of South Africa but living in Cape Town now. I traded a small town for the city (as one does) and unfortunately warm water filled with Angelfish and Anthias for cold water with kelp. Haha. ;)
Awesome I was just curious ;)

And Great Whites! :D

• Like 1

A new polyp is opening on my zoas, thought that was pretty cool. B) Saw a Flame Hawkfish at the LFS, they aren't the most majestic fish but there is something I really love about them - haha. Wouldn't mind a Mystery Wrasse either. :naughtydance:

i really like hawkfish too. especially the longnose hawks. they're just so cool. hahah

• Like 1

Hey, I just came across your tank and was wondering if the glass thickness held up agains bowing or would you have gone thicker. Thanks, I really like the cleanliness of your set up and the blenny.

Hey, I just came across your tank and was wondering if the glass thickness held up agains bowing or would you have gone thicker. Thanks, I really like the cleanliness of your set up and the blenny.

The glass is holding up fine. It's only 300mm tall (less than 12") so the 6mm glass is doing the job. And thanks. :)

I vote we have a yearly meeting at your house :D

Incredible monti - love the blue :wub:

As long as everyone doesn't mind flying across the planet that's fine by me, haha. The monti is doing well, I have a feeling it's going to darken up a tad, the colour on a couple of the frags seems to be getting a little richer already.

FTS anytime soon?

Not really sure when, nothing has changed since the last one - the LFSs are bone dry, I'm hoping early Jan will bring more stuff. On the plus side that forces me to take it slow. :lol: