Coral Vue Hydros

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

No idea what they are called to be honest. Haha. There are about 20 heads on this and it cost the equivalent of $80 - rather pricey but if they grow well I'll consider them an investment.

gobstoppers!

I wish $80 was expensive for zoas lol

Hahaha, you guys are spoilt for designer zoas though. ;) My hunt for the next good looking zoa has begun. :lol:

Lol I feel you. Most of the zoas I have don't even have any color in them. They're beige with a little florescent beige.

• Like 1

To be honest, I was more than happy to pay it. We're not swimming in these kinds of zoas down here.

Mini Update;

I removed the central rock, it was too big for my taste and obscuring the view of the back areas. I also split the zoa colony into two pieces and attached them to two smaller rocks (currently hanging centre stage). They're all opened up again and this allows me better options for spreading them around.

tank_011.jpg

the shimmer :o

• Like 3

To be honest, I was more than happy to pay it. We're not swimming in these kinds of zoas down here.

Mini Update;

I removed the central rock, it was too big for my taste and obscuring the view of the back areas. I also split the zoa colony into two pieces and attached them to two smaller rocks (currently hanging centre stage). They're all opened up again and this allows me better options for spreading them around.

tank_011.jpg

Removing central rock was a good choice! I like how open the tank looks now! Your tank makes me want to build a bigger tank now. :wacko: haha

• Like 1

Wish I could find a colony of zoas like that !!!

Looks way better with the center rock removed. You have so much space in there now to add more corals :) The shimmer from that kessil is awesome it makes me want to go snorkeling!

I also love the clean look of this tank. It's so bright and spacious. More like the real ocean than a box of rocks and water. With the footprint it has and all 4 sides being clear glass it looks like it extends beyond the tank walls - in fact it's making me depressed - my tank looks so dark and unnatural with the back painted black lol.

Keep up the good work :)

Removing central rock was a good choice! I like how open the tank looks now! Your tank makes me want to build a bigger tank now. :wacko: haha

Hah! Your tank is amazing but I'd love to see it on an even bigger scale. Go for it. :happy:

Looking good, man! Nice price on the zoas.

The open bed gives you plenty of room for clams, acans, favites and other things too which is cool.

Thanks. Much happier with it. Would love to get some acans :scarry:

Wish I could find a colony of zoas like that !!!

Looks way better with the center rock removed. You have so much space in there now to add more corals :) The shimmer from that kessil is awesome it makes me want to go snorkeling!

I also love the clean look of this tank. It's so bright and spacious. More like the real ocean than a box of rocks and water. With the footprint it has and all 4 sides being clear glass it looks like it extends beyond the tank walls - in fact it's making me depressed - my tank looks so dark and unnatural with the back painted black lol.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the kind words. omgomgomg I couldn't really go black because of the room - don't be depressed, haha... You have great corals (which I'm jealous of) and I think the dark works awesomely with yours. :) - I love both low and high key. B)

It is really looking nice. Your FTS are always a site to see. Keep up the great work!

-Dave

Thanks Dave.

Great start! I look forward to seeing this tank mature. Very impressed with the light spread coming off of the one fixture.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to adding more life, but slow and steady does it. The spread of the light is impressive for it's size, it worked out well for my tank.

The quality of your pictures amazes me, really top notch stuff. Removing that central rock was a wise choice, makes the tank look much more open. Have you considered adding a couple extra pieces or rubble around the zoa rocks? Then you could have a zoa rubble rock garden, I have never seen that done before.

Mini Update;

tank_011.jpg

Baie mooi! This is really lovely, looks like a holiday haha!

~ Hester

Following!

I'm new so I decided to stick to smaller tanks but your tank is starting to shove me into the deep end :scarry:

Haha, thanks! The deep end is fun. omgomgomg

The quality of your pictures amazes me, really top notch stuff. Removing that central rock was a wise choice, makes the tank look much more open. Have you considered adding a couple extra pieces or rubble around the zoa rocks? Then you could have a zoa rubble rock garden, I have never seen that done before.

Thank you for the kind words. I think I might just add a few more smaller rocks if I find nice enough zoas. :)

Baie mooi! This is really lovely, looks like a holiday haha!

~ Hester

Baie dankie ;)

• Like 1

Great addition man! Though it looks like the blue portion might be a little bleached...am not so sure though! Since the tentacles aren't bleached as well....and normally when a coral is bleached, the tentacles/polyps will show some kind of bleaching as well....lol.