Cultivated Reef

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Haha, thanks. When you have to convince the better half that it's a good idea then you need to make it look good. :D

Indeed. So close it's borderline painful. haha. :happy:

I've been married for 5 years so I'm pretty good at the husband game by now...except for aquarium stuff as I was totally out of the hobby before I met her.

I'm learning quickly. ;)

• Like 1

Nelson-Mandela-Birthday.gif

A good man died today, it's truly a sad day for South Africa and the world. We'll miss you Madiba, thank you for everything you did for our country. We love you.

• Like 26

He has done more for freedom and equality in this world than anyone else! I will tell you that I am a true blood American with Confederate Army in my blood. But, I know what the US Constitution says and I can't fathom what the world or two countries might be like if MLK were still with us today! I believe that MLK would be rolling over in his grave with what is happening in the US today!!

can you plz post some photo of your drain and return inside the tank just want a better view of it this tank is inspiring

The drain and return are nothing more than 2 pipes for drain, 1 1/4 inch PVC one with gate valve to control flow more precisely and the return is a 3/4" locline screwed into a bulkhead. To be honest, if I did it again I'd just get an overflow, I didn't want to waste much space with one so this works and is totally silent, I can't hear the overflow at all. All I hear is the hum of my skimmer and light.

Thanks for the nice words. :)

I just love the contrast this tank is making with the white of the stand and the room. It's so eye catching.

Wow! You're setting the bar high with that first coral! :D

Very nice!

sharp build, excited to watch it grow

Thanks Gents.

Is this hammer branchiawng or wall

It's a branching hammer.

Can't believe I missed this thread!! It's looking awesome man, I'll definitely be following this one! ;)

Thanks man. B)

I have the A350W also. I can't take great pics yet though. I'm going to have to get some lessons from you!! It looks fantatstic.

I've noticed that you have to take a lot of pictures to get the one that is perfect, because of all the flickering 90% of the time the light is on the wrong spot in the tank, haha. Shooting RAW also helps for colour correction. :)

Wow! Looks great! What other corals are you planning to get?

Thanks man. :) To be honest I'm not 100% sure. I've actually removed the central rock from the initial scape to open up some more space in the front. The tower I visualise totally encrusted, with what... not sure. Haha. Initially I wanted it to be a montipora tower but I'm concerned about all the shade it could potentially create. I'm thinking I might get one more euphyllia, I really love them. And then focus on nice SPS frags for the rest. I'm too visually oriented to decide on paper - I'll need to see the corals in person to decide. :)

Nice tank, sort of reminds me of Hypes Archipelago. You also have some awesome photography skills.

Thanks. :)

He has done more for freedom and equality in this world than anyone else! I will tell you that I am a true blood American with Confederate Army in my blood. But, I know what the US Constitution says and I can't fathom what the world or two countries might be like if MLK were still with us today! I believe that MLK would be rolling over in his grave with what is happening in the US today!!

You know he was talking about Nelson Mandela (english name), not MLK. For the love of God, that is not a pic of MLK.

Just making sure, I could have misinterpreted your comment...