Top Shelf Aquatics

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

It looks so nice in there. Beautiful. I know I hate keeping the glass scraped too but having your glass clean in the back, really made the corals look brighter and well....just gorgeous! So much brighter. Very nice!

• Like 1

Thanks Dawn. I'm getting a little paranoid that once the aptasia are gone I might have issues, fingers crossed!

Tank News:

A couple more aptasia gone, colors improving, KH has slowly dropped to 7.3 so I added another tsp of Kalk to the topoff. My evaporation is about 1.5 gallons per week, quite slow.

Latest FTS, looking pretty good. One day I'll learn to ignore my big tank so it can look good as well.

PK6XW01.jpg

That FTS looks so nice that it needs to be on the top of the next page. That made me laugh about you ignoring the big tank too!
  • Like 1
Thatoneomahaguy

It looks so nice in there. Beautiful. I know I hate keeping the glass scraped too but having your glass clean in the back, really made the corals look brighter and well....just gorgeous! So much brighter. Very nice!

She's right. Makes a world of difference. Really makes your tank shine!

• Like 1

Thanks all for the nice comments.

I was just able to buy one of the last BML 20K MC fixtures made from someone who just got it, including their controller. Now I can have sunrise/sunset on this tank with some extra blue pop.

• Like 3

LPS are looking wonderful! I'm liking the make the LPS happy and the SPS can just do their thing mentality. That's pretty much always been my mentality haha! I'm just easy and love the neon colored flowy corals :)

• Like 2

I don't even remember...what happened to your old LED thing? Or did you toss it since it was underwater thing?

Long long time ago I had that blue hidden LED fixture from Marineland but it slowly started to burn out. Right now I have a BML 36" single channel fixture in front with black tape over the white LED's. Not ideal :)

LPS are looking wonderful! I'm liking the make the LPS happy and the SPS can just do their thing mentality. That's pretty much always been my mentality haha! I'm just easy and love the neon colored flowy corals :)

We'll see how much I baby the SPS, but I do want my LPS and softies to thrive in here. I think the slimer will do well, maybe the blue stag, and probably the Katropora. The Red Robin, kind of a fancy named variety that is growing but I wonder if it will color up. A good backup for the big tank though!

• Like 1

It's getting serious now, some larger aptasia are gone. Talk about lucking out, these shrimp are awesome ... at least until they run out of food. :scarry:

This rock is clean.

eamsp1E.jpg

Used to be 3 visible at the top of this rock, now just one and it looks injured.

s2gEBIV.jpg

• Like 8

That is wonderful! Most reports I hear are hit or miss. More miss than hit! So this has been wonderful. I hope they will just eat extra fish food or something once the aptasia are all gone.

• Like 2

That is wonderful! Most reports I hear are hit or miss. More miss than hit! So this has been wonderful. I hope they will just eat extra fish food or something once the aptasia are all gone.

Yea, I've heard the same but so far they have worked in both my tanks. The supplier of my LFS must get them from the right place?

• Like 2

Now it's getting difficult to find an aptasia. There is one in the rocks just behind the green trumpets, and that's the only one I found. Gogo shrimpies.

I continue to ignore this tank and colors continue to improve. I did clean the back wall again, meh, and did a 5 gallon water change. You can now see the blue stag is turning blue.

0I8WKuH.jpg

• Like 8

Now it's getting difficult to find an aptasia. There is one in the rocks just behind the green trumpets, and that's the only one I found. Gogo shrimpies.

I continue to ignore this tank and colors continue to improve. I did clean the back wall again, meh, and did a 5 gallon water change. You can now see the blue stag is turning blue.

0I8WKuH.jpg

That looks awesome.

But if you clean the back you have to clean the sides! :P

• Like 3

I absolutely love love love this tank. Everything about it. That BTA looks awesome. My eyes are drawn to that and that crazy green torch! Those duncans look great too. Your sps look great too. Nice tank, I have always loved the size of the 40breeder.

• Like 1

Holy cow! I just took a close look at the blown up picture and I was, well, blown away :D

Is there even anything at all that's not doing great?

At the moment everything is doing quite well, even the Red Robin acro is showing signs of coloring up. I don't even want to talk about it for fear of jinking it. :D

That looks awesome.

But if you clean the back you have to clean the sides! :P

LOL, thanks Harry.

I absolutely love love love this tank. Everything about it. That BTA looks awesome. My eyes are drawn to that and that crazy green torch! Those duncans look great too. Your sps look great too. Nice tank, I have always loved the size of the 40breeder.

Thanks Elizabeth!

Looks wonderful! LOVE the bright colors! Thumbs up on keeping the back wall scraped. It really does make your tank pop!

Thanks m2m ... all the kind words make scraping a little easier. Just a little. :D

That big anemone is getting bigger by the day. I'm tempted to create a spot on the left side of the big tank and put him back in ... on a rock, by himself. I had to change the flow because he stung one of the poci's and then the tip of the Miami Orchid.

• Like 3

Thanks Roger, I'm thinking of how to politely reject the nomination. :) My write-up would be ... I put corals from my other tank in here and they did well, I wish I knew why ... probably something to do with regular maintenance but otherwise not fiddling with things.

• Like 4