inTank Media Baskets

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

Have not been on in a while. Sorry to see you have had a few hic ups with this tank. I like the new rock scape. Hope things balance out for you very soon.

• Like 1

What about a 3 days lights out with the coral snow MB7 dosing during that time. Kill the nutrient source of the cyano and correct the bacterial imbalance while you're at it. Double whammy?

It's ever so slowly fading, just not worked up about it so far.

Have not been on in a while. Sorry to see you have had a few hic ups with this tank. I like the new rock scape. Hope things balance out for you very soon.

Thanks!

So either today or tomorrow I move the anemone,into this tank. Not looking forward to it but I can't care for 3 tanks. I'll place it in the back rear and then see where it ends up. :D

Sorry about your losses Mark and hope your tank gets back on track soon

Thanks Sprite. Losses are of corals I can easily replace from the other tank so all is good, but I wish I didn't kill them.

• Like 2

It's ever so slowly fading, just not worked up about it so far.

Thanks!

So either today or tomorrow I move the anemone,into this tank. Not looking forward to it but I can't care for 3 tanks. I'll place it in the back rear and then see where it ends up. :D

Thanks Sprite. Losses are of corals I can easily replace from the other tank so all is good, but I wish I didn't kill them.

I am sorry Mark. I was sure you'd turn things around in this tank with a little time. I am still confident that it will still rebound but I guess just needs a little more time than first thought. All of our tanks go thru these ups and downs.

I don't blame you for moving the nem. 3 tanks is exhausting.

I am sorry Mark. I was sure you'd turn things around in this tank with a little time. I am still confident that it will still rebound but I guess just needs a little more time than first thought. All of our tanks go thru these ups and downs.

I don't blame you for moving the nem. 3 tanks is exhausting.

Hi Dawn, this tank stays, that pesky nem is sitting in my old 29 gallon which I want emptied and in storage. That was the original plan until the nem split, then half got chewed up, then I hurt my back. Long sad story. :D

• Like 1

The move is complete, frags made, and the 29 ready to be drained and shutdown this weekend. The scape accidentally turned out ok I think.

kPNMavj.jpg

You can see the anemone in this one, left side under a rock. I expect it to move around to find the best spot.

EroMMaK.jpg

JL8ylFt.jpg

Almost got every fish in one picture but the little wrasse darted out at the last second.

Fa5OoQT.jpg

"Something changed and I don't like it."

MpCG0Di.jpg

The Blenny was not happy, and I only moved his rock an inch, at most. All colored up and harrasing the other fish. :D

fk3YINP.jpg

If only this was in focus.

FWSywwp.jpg

Whenever I change anything these two hang out together, with the wrasse hiding behind the tang.

Y5TlWLq.jpg

I'll end with this. The last remaining living piece of my UC Rainbow Milli. It lived as a brown turd for over a year in my 150 and RTN'ed over the weekend. Good riddance. Of course it did fine in here even while other acros perished. I always forget I have this little piece. I expect it will grow a bit larger and then die is spectacular fashion.

zUjONT0.jpg

• Like 7

Oh my god. Is that the tiny Palau nephthea that is so massive on the right side?? :o

Yep, how about that thing. :) And notice the lack of caulerpa and the size of the not so baby tang. :D

Looks nice, Mark. That poor UC Milli :lol:

May it thrive just to spite you :)

HA, hopefully.

• Like 2

Stay! ....

kvHlnvA.jpg

Look at all the beautiful cyano. :wub: Nitrate was 0, PO4 a little > 0 ... where do the nutrients go in this tank? Dosed some CaNO3 and added a carbon/gfo bag to see if anything changes.

Some other corals that do well in here.

kSgl13k.jpg

Shroom collecting is a funny thing. Over the years I have bought numerous shroom rocks with good looking shrooms only to have them vanish for a while, then pop back up and do well months later.

vRw1Hy8.jpg

4WhYdLl.jpg

• Like 8

I think I like this scape the best of what you have done in this tank. When the slimers grow and you get color and height on the left side it is really going to be nice.

Those are some cool fish pics, especially the tailspot. He is so cute!

• Like 2

I think I like this scape the best of what you have done in this tank. When the slimers grow and you get color and height on the left side it is really going to be nice.

Those are some cool fish pics, especially the tailspot. He is so cute!

Thanks Dawn. I got the tailspot almost exactly 1 year ago. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/313051-marks-40b/?p=4606598

Hopefully he will stay alive and healthy for many more years.

I have yet to see a tailspot around here since I bought this one.

• Like 2

Thanks Dawn. I got the tailspot almost exactly 1 year ago. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/313051-marks-40b/?p=4606598

Hopefully he will stay alive and healthy for many more years.

I have yet to see a tailspot around here since I bought this one.

I had a tailspot when I first joined N-R. I usually have good luck with fish but he vanished after 3 weeks or so. I would love to get another although I think they are rated a 2 on seahorse.org for being tankmates, (which means ther is some risk). It wouldn't be until KB is gone because I don't want more than 1 fish in with the seahorses. I am worried the fish hierarchy and sparring for position could stress the ponies.

I guess I will have to get my tailspot fix from your thread! So don't be killing him anytime soon.

• Like 1

Does ur possum wrasse take any frozen or just pick at bugs and crap? Pellets? Have u tried any small particle foods?

Mine wont eat, hides alot, but is still hanging in there.

• Like 1

Does ur possum wrasse take any frozen or just pick at bugs and crap? Pellets? Have u tried any small particle foods?

Mine will occasionally take brine. Nothing larger. Hunts in the rock constantly. He's a chubby little fella.

• Like 2

Have not tried frozen, though I should and will try tonight to see if he bites. He fills up on pods and flatworms. That anemone rock I just moved in from the fishless tank was covered in crunchy goodness. Maybe I should keep it running just for a food supply.

• Like 1

What kind of FW do you have, the red planaria or the beige guys?

Red planaria, or I used too before adding the wrasse.

I tried frozen mysis today and he was not interested.

So I used Chemi-clean for the first time on Saturday. I dosed for 40 gallons exactly and left skimmer on but cup at a ridiculously high setting. Well, it worked mostly, but somehow the skimmer cup filled with red water. The tank looks really good, and no adverse effects from the chemi-clean.

The anemone made his move toward a gap near the slimer. I countered with a small rock to plug the hole. He seems to be happy for now.

K9Gy2X1.jpg

• Like 5

I like it Mark! This tank keeps cruising along with new residences ? I like how your fine tuning how some corals do better in the 150 and some do better in here. I am seriously considering a possum wrasse for the 50g- until then I will live off pictures of yours and Slowtwitch.........post away of that little bugger

• Like 1

Have you considered a background other than black? Maybe experiment with some colored/white poster board first?

That is funny you are suggesting another color backround other than black because I thought the exact same thing. Of course the down side of a lighter backround is the necessity of keeping it meticulously clean. Are you up to the challenge, Mark?

• Like 1