ReefCleaners.org

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

One of the anemone halves got sucked into the HOB filter I put on just last week so I could run carbon. Tank is cloudy but corals look ok, oddly enough, so now I'm down to one anemone again. Time to just give it away and shut down that old tank IMO, just not worth the hassle.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. I've enjoyed the tale of the 2 tanks. But if both tanks have the same corals, it's easier to maintain the one.

Is it not the tale of 3 tanks? 29g, 40B and 150. I am sad too as I also have enjoyed the tale, no matter how many tanks.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. I've enjoyed the tale of the 2 tanks. But if both tanks have the same corals, it's easier to maintain the one.

Is it not the tale of 3 tanks? 29g, 40B and 150. I am sad too as I also have enjoyed the tale, no matter how many tanks.

3 tanks, this is the old 29 I haven't torn down yet, the 40 is fine because it doesn't have any damn anemones. :D My goal was to get the anemone back to good color and then sell it.

3 tanks, this is the old 29 I haven't torn down yet, the 40 is fine because it doesn't have any damn anemones. :D My goal was to get the anemone back to good color and then sell it.

Wow, your tanks are confusing! Ha ha, you have the tale of 2 tanks but you actually have 3. The name of this thread is Mark's 40B but this is actually the 29g. Kat had it right, the name of the thread should have been a tale of 2 tanks! I think my brain finally caught up. LOL
  • Like 1

Wow, your tanks are confusing! Ha ha, you have the tale of 2 tanks but you actually have 3. The name of this thread is Mark's 40B but this is actually the 29g. Kat had it right, the name of the thread should have been a tale of 2 tanks! I think my brain finally caught up. LOL

I shall not speak of the 29 gallon again. :D I herniated a disc in my back and am taking some anti inflammatory, so I blame the drugs. Damn us old people anyway. I started having pain standing up so I got a nice exercise bike with a desk on it (I need to lose 50 pounds IMO), rode for 40 minutes while watching a video, next day I could not sit down, which makes work a problem. I figured it was the back but instead looks like I have two injuries. All will heal in time, but literally a pain in the butt.

• Like 2

I shall not speak of the 29 gallon again. :D I herniated a disc in my back and am taking some anti inflammatory, so I blame the drugs. Damn us old people anyway. I started having pain standing up so I got a nice exercise bike with a desk on it (I need to lose 50 pounds IMO), rode for 40 minutes while watching a video, next day I could not sit down, which makes work a problem. I figured it was the back but instead looks like I have two injuries. All will heal in time, but literally a pain in the butt.

I am not going to 'like' your post as that is terrible. I am sorry that your back is injured Mark, that stinks. No, it's not fun getting older. I console myself knowing that as the body gets weaker the spirit gets stronger!

• Like 1

:(

I've been planning on doing this when I get back from my overseas trip

UpLift-Bike-Desk-sec4-350.jpg

I have a spin bike but of course the seat is deliberately made ultra uncomfortable so you stay off the seat. I'm going to swap the seat for a comfort saddle, remove the handle bars, raise my desk to appropriate height and bike all day.

• Like 4

:(

I've been planning on doing this when I get back from my overseas trip

UpLift-Bike-Desk-sec4-350.jpg

I have a spin bike but of course the seat is deliberately made ultra uncomfortable so you stay off the seat. I'm going to swap the seat for a comfort saddle, remove the handle bars, raise my desk to appropriate height and bike all day.

What a novel idea! I would consider it since I have a spin bike. However I am even older than Mark, and I am thinking that I should learn from him and sell the spin bike and buy more aquarium stuff instead.

• Like 4

What a novel idea! I would consider it since I have a spin bike. However I am even older than Mark, and I am thinking that I should learn from him and sell the spin bike and buy more aquarium stuff instead.

Lol, why didn't I think of that? Must be my youth. :D

• Like 2

Pfft. Age is just a number,

That is true. But the higher the number the less things that work like they used to!

Lol, why didn't I think of that? Must be my youth. :D

Older and wiser! Take heart, you will get there.

• Like 1

MP10 fixed. I took apart the wet side and found a lit of wear and tear but smoothing out some plastic bits near where the spindle rotates fixed the issue, for now. I suspect I'll need a new wet side within a year. I had to buy a new wet side for an MP40 in the big tank, not so happy about that but somehow the shaft broke.

Wanted to post a few pics here ....

The Basslet hates, I mean HATES the tang. He constantly shakes at the tang when it's around and then opens his mouth wide while the tang stares at him in amusement, then they tolerate each other for a while, then it starts all over.

mnNBJt.jpg

xRxS9A.jpg

Posting a FTS because the wrasse made it in for the pic. One day I'll get some new clear fish pics.

yIxhN7.jpg

Oh, the caulerpa is covered in cyano, which appears to be killing it. This amuses me.

• Like 9

Here's a FTS where I manually adjusted the color to try and get it closer to what my eye sees.

ZZtl5W.jpg

Plenty of happy coral in there that's for sure how's the back/bottom doing for ya - still in pain?

Nope, much much better. Been off the steroid for a week now and had to take a few ibuprofen but these exercises I've been doing are really helping. I've got most of the feeling back in my left foot and the calf is tingly and getting back to normal slowly. Not as bad as a broken shoulder!

• Like 5

Is that a softy or an acro on the bottom left- to the right of the green shrooms?

Nope, much much better. Been off the steroid for a week now and had to take a few ibuprofen but these exercises I've been doing are really helping. I've got most of the feeling back in my left foot and the calf is tingly and getting back to normal slowly. Not as bad as a broken shoulder!

Well that's good- all pain pretty much sucks? glad your doing better. I am feeling much better already also

• Like 2

Is that a softy or an acro on the bottom left- to the right of the green shrooms?

That's a Ponape Birdsnest still on the ORA plug shoved into a small rock so the hermits don't move it.

• Like 2

Captured a good shot of Mr Cool guarding his turf. Why the long face?

CIenIe.jpg

All is fine except the orange digitata which has lost some skin, I think. /shrug

zHtuRc.jpg

Teal stag is slowly growing .

CLH2oc.jpg

• Like 7

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, Mark!

The pic of the teal stag is beautiful :wub: I had one earlier this year and it was doing well until I moved it too high too fast. No more teal stag for me, but it's on the wish list for a future acquisition :)

Love the picture of Mr Cool. Even the cyano matches. :wub:

I've missed your updates, I hope the back is better Mark.

Thanks. I was finally able to do water changes, the first time without buckets. Emptied into a 25 gallon Brute on wheels and drained with some el cheapo pond pump. Our laundry tub faucet is on an extension hose, thankfully, so I can rinse out the can with fresh water while draining.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, Mark!

The pic of the teal stag is beautiful :wub: I had one earlier this year and it was doing well until I moved it too high too fast. No more teal stag for me, but it's on the wish list for a future acquisition :)

Sorry about your stag. This one seems bullet proof, it has survived multiple dips (came with red bugs) and a huge Alk spike.

• Like 2