Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

jedimaster1138

PO4 0

NO3 0

Everything doing well, maybe a little loss in color. Dosed just a tad of CaNO3.

I'm feeding this tank almost as much as the 150, where are all the nutrients going?

I'm convinced that the answer to this question has a lot to do with how our test kits work when it comes to phosphate(s).

Anyway, looking really good in here :) Well done!

Are you dosing Reef Energy in here too? With 0/0 on the nutrients, probably wouldn't hurt with the color dull-ness. I'm not convinced that it does anything noticeable to n and p anyway, as I have 0 N and P is just...well you know. It's high, but the bugger is at least consistent in its level. lol

Nice to see the Red Robin doing so well for you. I tossed mine tonight. It's another coral that just doesn't like me.

*applause*

I'm convinced that the answer to this question has a lot to do with how our test kits work when it comes to phosphate(s).

Anyway, looking really good in here :) Well done!

Are you dosing Reef Energy in here too? With 0/0 on the nutrients, probably wouldn't hurt with the color dull-ness. I'm not convinced that it does anything noticeable to n and p anyway, as I have 0 N and P is just...well you know. It's high, but the bugger is at least consistent in its level. lol

Nice to see the Red Robin doing so well for you. I tossed mine tonight. It's another coral that just doesn't like me.

*applause*

Hi Jedi,

no dosing anything special in here, just flake food and an occasional pinch of Reef Roids. Not changing at this point, since everything is working.

Acros aren't super colorful in here, but healthy and a good place to grow some out while waiting for the big tank to stabilize. The Red Robin in the 150 is about dead, so I'm thankful I fragged it and put a pretty large piece in here. *whew*

• Like 2

I came to check out that everything is ok here after the alk scare. Sounds like all is good so i am glad.

Thanks Dawn.

So 2 days ago half a peppermint shrimp was stuck in the Tunze pump. Maybe an accident. Yesterday and today I've noticed the Basslet hasn't been out as much, was starting to worry about him ... and there's another peppermint shrimp stuck to the MP10, a little less than half, guts hanging out. Basslet is peaking out from some rocks, looking quite healthy.

Guilty little bastard enjoying some expensive snacks. :D Looks like I have 2 left.

• Like 5

Thanks Dawn.

So 2 days ago half a peppermint shrimp was stuck in the Tunze pump. Maybe an accident. Yesterday and today I've noticed the Basslet hasn't been out as much, was starting to worry about him ... and there's another peppermint shrimp stuck to the MP10, a little less than half, guts hanging out. Basslet is peaking out from some rocks, looking quite healthy.

Guilty little bastard enjoying some expensive snacks. :D Looks like I have 2 left.

Maybe he is just observing lent? Ha ha!
  • Like 2

This tank is a freak show. :D

It's too bad a scarred up the back when doing a water change ......

I call this reef and puffy clouds.

y0kZssH.jpg

Had a rise in PO4 from near 0 to almost .1, and colors got better. :owned: Obviously the algae got "better" as well but everything is healthy and happy, and the reds in here, goodness. I moved the Xenia rock in front to the big tank. With PO4 rising they started to spread and spread fast. I has to remove 4 from the rock in front.

Frag bridge is in with my collection of rescues, including what is left of the purple stylo and Orchid stylo. I had to apply a lot of super glue to the orchid, the only way I know that stops stn on a stylo.

xMV9RnF.jpg

Look at that red cap. :o

83aplpB.jpg

... and these zoas aren't too shabby either.

zy5YS3s.jpg

• Like 6

This tank is a freak show. :D

It's too bad a scarred up the back when doing a water change ......

I call this reef and puffy clouds.

y0kZssH.jpg

Had a rise in PO4 from near 0 to almost .1, and colors got better. :owned: Obviously the algae got "better" as well but everything is healthy and happy, and the reds in here, goodness. I moved the Xenia rock in front to the big tank. With PO4 rising they started to spread and spread fast. I has to remove 4 from the rock in front.

Frag bridge is in with my collection of rescues, including what is left of the purple stylo and Orchid stylo. I had to apply a lot of super glue to the orchid, the only way I know that stops stn on a stylo.

xMV9RnF.jpg

Look at that red cap. :o

83aplpB.jpg

... and these zoas aren't too shabby either.

zy5YS3s.jpg

Wow, i was tempted to get my sunglasses. Those colors are amazing!
  • Like 2

As the PO4 has risen flatworms have re-appeared and the little wrasse is on hog heaven. First time I've been relieved to see those pesky worms. He's up eating them off the glass right now.

• Like 3

:wub: AWESOME! :wub:

Did I say AWESOME?

Nice Tank Mark! :wub:

Thanks!

NO3 0, zip nada, clear.

PO4 .17! Hair algae everywhere.

Dosed CaNO3 for the second time in 2 months. I assume when NO3 hit bottom PO4 started to rise.

KH 7.0

Elizabeth94

Your tank looks ten times better than mine even when things are going wrong. Those red acans and blasto's are fabulous.

Anyway you could get a picture of the torch when it is closed at night? It looks like a perfect mat of tentacles, I am curious how the heads grow once they get larger. Mine only has four heads right now, so it is symmetrical.

• Like 1

Your tank looks ten times better than mine even when things are going wrong. Those red acans and blasto's are fabulous.

Anyway you could get a picture of the torch when it is closed at night? It looks like a perfect mat of tentacles, I am curious how the heads grow once they get larger. Mine only has four heads right now, so it is symmetrical.

Is yours a Indonesian torch or Aussie torch? My green torch is an Indo and new heads on an Indo form as the base of an existing head, where the skin meets the skeleton, and then form branches from there. Aussie torches grow much slower and their heads form as the torch grows larger and the skeleton slowly forms into two distinct heads. My gold Aussie torch had much shorter polys as well.

You can tell the health by looking at the skin. If it goes down the branch a good bit then healthy, if it's limited to just the tip then it might be under stress.

I'll try and get a pic, I have it jammed between rocks, not giving it a choice how to grow.

Elizabeth94

My torch is always puffy and happy. It is an Australian gold torch. I always wanted a gold torch, but never wanted to spend the money for one until I got the small tank. Your torch is beautiful, I have been looking for one as green as yours. I have never seen the skeleton of one the size of yours. Maybe ill take a picture of it tonight so I can compare it later when it starts growing. Have only had it for maybe four or five months. Have to look back at my thread's updates..

Thank you for your response!

• Like 1

My torch is always puffy and happy. It is an Australian gold torch. I always wanted a gold torch, but never wanted to spend the money for one until I got the small tank. Your torch is beautiful, I have been looking for one as green as yours. I have never seen the skeleton of one the size of yours. Maybe ill take a picture of it tonight so I can compare it later when it starts growing. Have only had it for maybe four or five months. Have to look back at my thread's updates..

Thank you for your response!

Will do. Mine was a Maricultured I picked up at a LFS, it's lanky and grows fast, really fast. When it was in my big tank the polyps got HUGE. :)

ALIENZ! omgomgomg

Tank looks awesome.

Craziness! I dig it. Looks like you have some space on that top rock though. :D

Thanks both. :)

Here's the hairy mess now. I scraped a lot of algae doing a 25% water change but more to go.

GoqJO42.jpg

Here's the torch after I ticked it off.

ySXb0O4.jpg

No apparent lack of color under the blue LED's

07uqvgL.jpg

• Like 7
Elizabeth94

Thanks for that awesome toch shot, exactly what I wanted to see. It does look a bit different from mine. Hopefully Ill remember to take a picture so I can compare it to yours.

• Like 1

Another round of scrubbing and changing the water. Cleaned both the MP10 and Tunze pump .... the Tunze loses power about as fast as the WP25 did, I am NOT impressed paying that much more money for similar performance.

Soaked both in vinegar and removed the muck. The MP10 smelled like death and sure enough half a peppermint shrimp was stuck in the algae mess. Yummy. 2 left. :unsure:

Flow is now significantly increased, hopefully this will clear up some of the algae.

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

Good to hear, but feel bad for the little shrimpie. I have a few Tunze powerheads and used them in my 29gal before I got my mp10. One died after six months and for the price of two, I should have just saved my money and purchased the mp10 right off the bat. However, the price of the Radion was so high at the time I couldn't afford both the radion and the mp10.

What version is yours?

• Like 1

Another round of scrubbing and changing the water. Cleaned both the MP10 and Tunze pump .... the Tunze loses power about as fast as the WP25 did, I am NOT impressed paying that much more money for similar performance.

Soaked both in vinegar and removed the muck. The MP10 smelled like death and sure enough half a peppermint shrimp was stuck in the algae mess. Yummy. 2 left. :unsure:

Flow is now significantly increased, hopefully this will clear up some of the algae.

The tank looks really terrific. Yea, sorry to hear about your shrimp. I also have had 3 of my peppermints meet their Maker as a result of leaving the safety of the fuge and going up stream to the drain where the skimmer was.:-( What can i say, they made a poor choice. I think i only have 1 left in the fuge now.

• Like 1

Good to hear, but feel bad for the little shrimpie. I have a few Tunze powerheads and used them in my 29gal before I got my mp10. One died after six months and for the price of two, I should have just saved my money and purchased the mp10 right off the bat. However, the price of the Radion was so high at the time I couldn't afford both the radion and the mp10.

What version is yours?

Hmmm, if I find the order I'll let you know. It's about the same max flow as the MP10 with built in controller. :)

Fragopolis is still rolling along. PO4 dropped to .05, mainly through low feeding and water changes on the same schedule as my big tank (twice a week, 25%).

yA5428r.jpg

SPS are all doing pretty well. I had that PO spike to .2 when Nitrates hit 0. I dosed CaNO3 to bring Nitrates up to 5 which maybe helped lower PO4 along with a small bag of GFO and less feeding.

All that's left of blockhead.

gSgyyo2.jpg

Katropora browned a little, so damn sensitive to PO4, but now color is returning. Look at that end polyp.

Fs4Mq9E.jpg

Mystic Sunset

WONMtzF.jpg

Kentucky Bluegrass (my silly name)

6niN1fK.jpg

UC Rainbow Milli. Pffft, go ahead and color up, it's been years. Also note yummy flatworms. Little wrasse is very plump.

1dglrMW.jpg

EwMXCwG.jpg

VvP9IEW.jpg

Z9Yr01o.jpg

OffVChQ.jpg

• Like 6