Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

It's not that hard to do. Measure, cut, mud, tape, paint.

:huh:

You've seen my DIY projects before? The dremel holes in my wood floor and carpet? The purple PVC glue over my marble floors? I should show you the lovely straight line I cut in one of the shelves in this cabinet.

:huh:

You've seen my DIY projects before? The dremel holes in my wood floor and carpet? The purple PVC glue over my marble floors? I should show you the lovely straight line I cut in one of the shelves in this cabinet.

Practice makes perfect!

Good morning. The Christmas Favia that has lived in the back of the tank for a year now, getting barely any light but still growing, albeit very slowly, has a gawgeous fan worm that lives in it. This resident wasn't there on the original frag so I'm curious to know where it came from. Took a zoomed in cell phone picture that isn't very nice but the colors on this guy are fantastic. The schmutz in the front is some algae that is stuck on it.

20141011_095855_1.jpg

I do agree, practice makes perfect. Or finding a good handyman...

I do have one but this electrical project had to be mine. IF something goes wrong like the LEDs that stopped working, I need to be able to determine how to fix it. Same thing with the plumbing which I'm working on. I need to learn where everything is and how to fix it.

• Like 3

LA has pretty worms?

I think they are just the standard feathers large and small they are usually in stock but out right now... bluezoo has some though same selection pretty much.

Or use thread on the bottom. That way if you for any reason need to change plumbing, you don't need to change bulkheads.

that's what unions are for . Threaded plumbing is just a leak waiting to happen imo, and yes I know how to use teflon tape.

jedimasterben

that's what unions are for . Threaded plumbing is just a leak waiting to happen imo, and yes I know how to use teflon tape.

Then why is it that for a lot of plumbing in real high-pressure applications (like my well for my house) use only threaded fittings?

Then why is it that for a lot of plumbing in real high-pressure applications (like my well for my house) use only threaded fittings?

And didn't that system just come apart on you due to messed up threads in the system ?

:lol:

EDIT

also, how often are people really going that far with complete plumbing changes ? A single inline union is all that person would ever need to accomplish that task, there is no need for multiple threaded joints.

Absolutely 1000000000000000000000000% yes they should be glued under the tank.

Unless you're into that wet, soggy house look

I meant as opposed to thread, sorry. So If I went with slip and I glued the pipe under the bulkhead, removing the bulkhead for any reason (a gasket replacement maybe?) - how would i do that?

Or use thread on the bottom. That way if you for any reason need to change plumbing, you don't need to change bulkheads.

This is what I was thinking.

So the bulkheads that I get should be slip X thread. Right?

And then I need a thread x slip adapter to continue the sch 40 pipe sculpture under the tank. Right?

oh. :huh:

leaky bulkhead ... cut the pipe and replace . pretty simple. with a union you can change the plumbing as often as you want without changing bulkheads

you make it sound like this will happen once per month or more. You really are making this out to be MUCH harder than it needs to be.

• Like 2