SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

:wub: hey Jase. How is your tank doing, made some changes I see.

Everything is finally playing out how I was hoping. The sump install has really helped with keeping my levels stable and I have almost got the doser dialled in (a bit of tweaking left for Mag). Skimmer is working fantastically now that the water level is 100% stable also. Now I will hopefully stop killing acros :(.

• Like 1

Random Factoids #1

Starphire contains as little as 10% of the iron content of regular glass – allowing it to transmit 91% of light, compared to 83% for regular glass – without the greening effect typically associated with thick glass panels.

starphire-ultra-clear.jpg

12338610-starphire-shower-door-glass.png

jedimasterben

Random Factoids #1

Starphire contains as little as 10% of the iron content of regular glass – allowing it to transmit 91% of light, compared to 83% for regular glass – without the greening effect typically associated with thick glass panels.

starphire-ultra-clear.jpg

Which, unfortunately, results in basically zero difference once water is put into it. I've got a low-iron front panel, but it makes zero difference when looking from the front or from the sides.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Patience. And by patience I mean not waiting too long until the PVC can no longer move due to the glue lol. Pretty much do like the above, get all of your pieces all primed up and ready for glue, then glue like a mad woman, and put them all on a flat, hard surface like that.

• Like 1

Which, unfortunately, results in basically zero difference once water is put into it. I've got a low-iron front panel, but it makes zero difference when looking from the front or from the sides.

Yeah it's like 5% increased visibility for like 300% the cost.

• Like 1

Oh damn that's nice. :haha:

yeh that build was a cool one, very clean tank inside. I especially like that 50g upper tub its his mangrove tub, not sure if he implemented the mister system for keeping salt creep off their leaves or not though.

Yeah it's like 5% increased visibility for like 300% the cost.

My take on low iron glass is, it looks better with no water in it. Supposedly it is easier to scratch aswell as if there are impurities in the process to make it you can chip off micro burrs with a magfloat and end up with scratches without sand even in the tank... I think a Deepblue 80 build was what I was reading this happened to.

found it: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2251777

• Like 2