Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

jedimasterben

And didn't that system just come apart on you due to messed up threads in the system ?

How often do you hear of a reef tank running dry due to their well losing prime ;)

leaky bulkhead ... cut the pipe and replace . pretty simple. with a union you can change the plumbing as often as you want without changing bulkheads

you make it sound like this will happen once per month or more. You really are making this out to be MUCH harder than it needs to be.

Okay now I'm getting mad. For real.

I'm trying to LEARN what do do if something goes wrong in the plumbing map. I cannot do that with hey it's so simple why don't I just make it for you like SEVERAL people have offered to do. No. I'm going to learn and I'm goi.g to do this myself, no matter how many times I mess it up. If my questions are arduous, y'all can ignore them. But please don't think I'm making stuff up or making it harder, I am learning. Big difference.

/rant

jedimasterben

how does that solve the issue of shitty threaded fittings ?

PVC, being a plastic, expands by a large amount when it gets hot. When pumps run dry, they heat up, and the PVC fittings threaded into them heat up and expand.

leaky bulkhead ... cut the pipe and replace . pretty simple. with a union you can change the plumbing as often as you want without changing bulkheads

Yes, so back to plumbing.

Cut the pipe and replace. What pipe? The one that is GLUED to the bulkhead? Okay so I cut it, replace the bulkhead and then add a smaller length of pipe from BH to a slip x slip to connect to the rest of the plumbing. Right?

(And pray that the new pieces used are cut the right size.)

Yes, so back to plumbing. Cut the pipe and replace. What pipe? The one that is GLUED to the bulkhead? Okay so I cut it, replace the bulkhead and then add a smaller length of pipe from BH to a slip x slip to connect to the rest of the plumbing. Right? (And pray that the new pieces used are cut the right size.)

yes

you cut the pipe coming from the bulkhead, and then measure from the new bulkhead to existing plumbing location, cut and glue in place.

Yes, so back to plumbing. Cut the pipe and replace. What pipe? The one that is GLUED to the bulkhead? Okay so I cut it, replace the bulkhead and then add a smaller length of pipe from BH to a slip x slip to connect to the rest of the plumbing. Right?(And pray that the new pieces used are cut the right size.)
Coupling

yes you cut the pipe coming from the bulkhead, and then measure from the new bulkhead to existing plumbing location, cut and glue in place.
Coupling

Morning plumbers

• Like 1

Okay now I'm getting mad. For real.

I'm trying to LEARN what do do if something goes wrong in the plumbing map. I cannot do that with hey it's so simple why don't I just make it for you like SEVERAL people have offered to do. No. I'm going to learn and I'm goi.g to do this myself, no matter how many times I mess it up. If my questions are arduous, y'all can ignore them. But please don't think I'm making stuff up or making it harder, I am learning. Big difference.

/rant

tantrum-3346.gif

AHHHHHH COUPLERS! okay.

Where'd you get big emoticons?

http://www.emoticonsonly.com

• Like 2

Wow so much plumbing talk. What's the purpose of all this plumbing work? I think I missed that post.

Oh and how are the corals doing?? How's the goni that you got at the swap? Also the dendroooooo :lol:

• Like 1

1" slip X 1/2" barb - is this called a reducer?

I don;t think it comes slip X barb though, right? Barbed adapters are thread X barb.

they make pretty much all types of fittings in slip or thread to whatever in whatever size you can imagine, its finding them thats the issue.

Good morning. After making 2 pages of parts lists and trying to be all color co-ordinated at the same time, I threw out all my lists and started from scratch. The plumbing map below is as near complete of the return as I could put down on paper. All the parts are listed, every barb, couplers, reducers, bushings, doohickees. Hopefully. Please let me know if you see anything wrong or I've missed out on anything. Thanks.

2014_10_12_23_59_03.jpg

• Like 3

Good morning. After making 2 pages of parts lists and trying to be all color co-ordinated at the same time, I threw out all my lists and started from scratch. The plumbing map below is as near complete of the return as I could put down on paper. All the parts are listed, every barb, couplers, reducers, bushings, doohickees. Hopefully. Please let me know if you see anything wrong or I've missed out on anything. Thanks.

2014_10_12_23_59_03.jpg

That's some interesting tetris you got going on over there.

• Like 1