SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Would you guys mind taking measurements for me. The web says both 20 inches and 19, so which is it? And does this include the parts on the side which have the holes for mounting.?

What is the length of the powerstrip not including those side mounting holes?

:wub: Hi Roger.

volunteering him, I am not walking any more today. Chasing my little dude around at the park for 3 hours has apparently done me in.

I'm beat myself. And never mind, even at 18 inches the darn thing will not fit the cabinet. ARGH.

So will Home Depot make cuts in wood that you have not bought from them?

I'm beat myself. And never mind, even at 18 inches the darn thing will not fit the cabinet. ARGH.So will Home Depot make cuts in wood that you have not bought from them?

No!

I'm beat myself. And never mind, even at 18 inches the darn thing will not fit the cabinet. ARGH.

So will Home Depot make cuts in wood that you have not bought from them?

there are 4 switch versions that are short you could stack

No!

:(

I cut holes today for wires in a cabinet that I assembled for the electrical stuff. I also used a dremel to widen the space the cabinet had to accomodate a base board so that the cabinet can sit flush to the wall. Well it turns out that my wall is not perfectly 90degrees to my floor.

:wacko:

Anyway. I dont think using the hand saw I have or the dremel will give me a straight cut, being that I don't have clamps or a work bench. :(

there are 4 switch versions that are short you could stack

They won't fit either, the stack will be too tall. I'm probably going to continue using my triplite power strip. Just need to mount it securely, instead of having it hang from screws.
  • Like 1
:(

I cut holes today for wires in a cabinet that I assembled for the electrical stuff. I also used a dremel to widen the space the cabinet had to accomodate a base board so that the cabinet can sit flush to the wall. Well it turns out that my wall is not perfectly 90degrees to my floor.

:wacko:

Anyway. I dont think using the hand saw I have or the dremel will give me a straight cut, being that I don't have clamps or a work bench. :(

Maybe you could flirt with the plumber guy and he could talk to his buddy in lumber to hook you up :)?
  • Like 1
Pfft, if that was going to be the plan I wpuld go straight to the lumber department. Why waste time making eyes at the plumber.
Because it's always nice to have a plumber in your pocket. Never know when you need a manifold made or wonder where the schedule 80 is ;).
  • Like 2

I still like threaded over slip. Teflon tape takes care of possible leaks. Only leaks if you don't know how to set it all up ;) I don't get leaks with gas tanks at work, I won't get leaks with water.

• Like 2
I still like threaded over slip. Teflon tape takes care of possible leaks. Only leaks if you don't know how to set it all up ;) I don't get leaks with gas tanks at work, I won't get leaks with water.
Never say never
  • Like 1

I've been MIA, working on the Fish nook. Decided to change it up, fresh coat of paint, re-do the electricals. I had a good plan, but my execution sucks when it comes to the DIY stuff. I was quite disheartened yesterday when it seemed like it was not going to work out. Too many wires that are too thick.

The nook before
2014-09-19.jpg

Rats behind
20131225_145709.jpg

Removed the drawer unit, moved the electricals to the side
2014-10-08.jpg

Painted, ran out of paint plus they didn't mix well, I see spots
2014-10-08.jpg

The electrical cabinet. This is a re-purposed shoe cabinet.

Took me about 8-10 hours to do this. I might install a false wall/panel to hide the wires. Not sure yet.
2014-10-09.jpg

Drilled holes for wires in the cabinet.
3343248730516155168.jpg

It took several hours to come up with the swivel control panel how-to, so that when I open the cabinet, the controls swivel down like a dashboard. Still need to velcro attach the controls.
2014-10-09.jpg

Motion activated LED, when the control panel is opened, the light comes on
2014-10-09.jpg

Close up, rats are in the back
2014-10-09.jpg

During the whole re-do, the LEDs stopped working. I removed the dashboard to see if I could fix anything that might be loose. Today I opened up the box that houses some of the controls for the LED to check it out. It works now.
20141009_210632.jpg

This is the bottom panel. It has dosing flasks, the panel would not open it was getting stuck on something
IMG_20141009_180131_nopm_.jpg

So then I took that apart and it was getting stuck ont he vortech battery. The dosers are in here
IMG_20141009_181813_nopm_.jpg

I put in Gamma sterilized flasks with my dosing liquids but that is making the flap swivel open with the weight. Maybe magnetic door closures will prevent that. Also realized that it's a long way to the tank so the tubing length has to be increased. Or I might have to expose the dosers instead of having them hidden.

20141010_210850.jpg

• Like 2

I would do the false wall. I am anal though. 4 6" pieces of 2x4 and some Sheetrock, joint compound and paint. You will be good to go. Love your setup though. I know how much hard work goes into to that. Love me some DIY!

• Like 1

I would do the false wall. I am anal though. 4 6" pieces of 2x4 and some Sheetrock, joint compound and paint. You will be good to go. Love your setup though. I know how much hard work goes into to that. Love me some DIY!

I was actually thinking of a thin piece of wood, painted white and attached as a suspended panel. A floating panel

12-1-inch-Wall-mounted-Digital-Photo-Fra

acrylic%20wall%20mounted%20poster%20fram

I was actually thinking of a thin piece of wood, painted white and attached as a suspended panel. A floating panel

12-1-inch-Wall-mounted-Digital-Photo-Fraacrylic%20wall%20mounted%20poster%20fram

That would work. Drywall measured to fit would give a more built in look. It's not that hard to do. Measure, cut, mud, tape, paint. It would look like part of the room.