ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

jedimasterben

A "blacklight" is a bulb that emits radiation almost solely at 365nm, aka UV-C, which is still bad for you and also your corals. UV light is an enemy, not an ally in coloration.

UV light fluoresces a few proteins, but that list is very small compared to higher violet and royal blue, and even those proteins are usually also just as excited, if not more so, by those longer wavelengths. In addition, sub 390-ish-nm light will fluoresce particulate matter in your water, which is an unfortunate side effect of the SemiLEDs U2 diodes I have on my array, and I'm seriously considering their replacement.

Dang!

A "blacklight" is a bulb that emits radiation almost solely at 365nm, aka UV-C, which is still bad for you and also your corals. UV light is an enemy, not an ally in coloration. UV light fluoresces a few proteins, but that list is very small compared to higher violet and royal blue, and even those proteins are usually also just as excited, if not more so, by those longer wavelengths. In addition, sub 390-ish-nm light will fluoresce particulate matter in your water, which is an unfortunate side effect of the SemiLEDs U2 diodes I have on my array, and I'm seriously considering their replacement.

^^ Greek.

So, in English, does this mean a black LED is the same as a blacklight? If not, what would a black LED do?

Black is not a possible light color. Black is the absorption of all visible color (in our eyes at least) Since it absorbs ALL color it looks black. The same can be true about a Blue shirt....it absorbs the blue spectrum and thus looks blue to us.

as for the Greek, UV lights look like crap on a tank.....if you think about it, they use UV to see human juice....now turn that on in your tank full of fish that poop in there. EWW

jedimasterben

Black is not a possible light color. Black is the absorption of all visible color (in our eyes at least) Since it absorbs ALL color it looks black. The same can be true about a Blue shirt....it absorbs the blue spectrum and thus looks blue to us.

No, it's the opposite - it absorbs all but blue, and reflects the blue.

as for the Greek, UV lights look like crap on a tank.....if you think about it, they use UV to see human juice....now turn that on in your tank full of fish that poop in there. EWW

That's not the reason - even sand lights up under them, any tiny particulate matter.

hypostatic

In Kitty nooz.

Bogi throws up hairballs a lot. He's a compulsive groomer, whenever he's not sleeping or crying for food. His barfing worries me, he's a 14 year old kitty, all that retching isn't good. My silk carpets are of course extremely upset. Hairball foods, remedies, everything works to solve the immediate problem, but not long term. They say grooming your cat is a better way to handle the hairballs because he will swallow less of it by grooming himself less. Enter the shedding tool!

Best furball purchase in a long a$$ time.

:) Somebody should do it. for S & G.

THIS

http://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/accessories/groom-tool.aspx

• Like 1

Okay, I chopped off the strawberry shortcake. And I had to butcher a big branch of my Subulata. :(

Everybody is pissed off and slimy. Re-positioned the Tonga branch so that the orange Maxima gets more light as well.

Woot cell phones & the office bathroom!

IMG_374870kP3.jpg

So who designed this?

• Like 1

Okay, I chopped off the strawberry shortcake. And I had to butcher a big branch of my Subulata. :(

Everybody is pissed off and slimy. Re-positioned the Tonga branch so that the orange Maxima gets more light as well.

So who designed this?

Tristen of http://www.chronicinktattoo.com/

Ohhh tattoos. My other hobby ; )

My wife doesn't agree with this one though. She puts up with the race cars, reef tanks, and all my other crap, but she doesnt share my enthusiasm in finishing my partial body suit.

• Like 2

I have my full back down to my butt, my chest, and my right arm is already fully sleeved. My left arm is almost done also. Just need to finish my lower arm. Once I get my belly done, should I decide to, I will have pretty much a upper body suit.

I love it. :)

:eek: wow. Takes years right? touch up is a pain right? you could put 6 kids through college with that money right? :lol:

I have a couple of small tattoos. I've been wanting to lighten one of them with the laser removal process but haven't gotten around to doing it. And I want to make another one a little more elaborate, while still keeping it small.