Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Looks like papa Veng is stuck in Noo York till tomorrow evening. So if he can wake up after being exhausted, then tomorrow mebbe he could visit my tank, meet the famous TS and my niece and nephew and Bogi the cat. Or maybe Zeph is selling tickets to his zoohaus and we can see Big Bertha the clam, Jumpy the bunny, Myrtle the turtle, the batfish, the hoards of clams he has and his 500+ gallon system.
I invited you guys but you noShow. I guess I'm not advanced enough to hang with the big time reefers. < sigh>.

He's exhausted and jet lagged. Don't be surprised if he passes out in the front yard when he gets home.Like so276434141_9ca1066e99_n.jpg
That reminds me of the dead body I saw in Queens last month. Yuk!
  • Like 1

I invited you guys but you no

Show. I guess I'm not advanced enough to hang with the big time reefers. < sigh>.

We saw 2 batfish at the LFS and about 10 clams. Nearly bought a derasa.
  • Like 4
Dr.Brain Coral

Kat I was reading through your thread and way back you where talking about something called dingbat? What he was was probably right there lol but what was he?

So, I sneaked some pictures of Kat's tank. Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed yesterday so I spent most of today rebuilding the machine. However the pictures weren't lost, so here's a teaser. All I can say is I wish I had SPS that stuck out of the water when the pumps are off!

http://imgur.com/5Pct2Ls'>5Pct2Ls.jpg

• Like 6
Dr.Brain Coral

Not to be rude Kat but are you sure that is a guard crab? It really looks like a porcelain crab. It even has the filter things on the front and has the same pincers.

opaquelace

I have lived by the following:

Always search for the right artist, not the right tattoo. The wrong artist can mess up the tattoo of your dreams, while the right artist can tattoo whatever they want on you and it will become the tattoo of your dreams.

Agreed. This is my upper arm tattoo.

10446475_10101009498329530_5804238649358

I gave him a rough sketch of what I thought I wanted, and he took it up like 100 notches. The clouds are purple in the background on the actual tattoo though. I get compliments on it all the time. She even has a mustache tribute to my husband and the birth times of my twins.

• Like 3

Uh oh JBB. What if yo mama found out!

She already thinks I paid you to go to dinner with me , so she probably wouldn't be surprised.

:lol:

• Like 2

Not to be rude Kat but are you sure that is a guard crab? It really looks like a porcelain crab. It even has the filter things on the front and has the same pincers.

Well he died of old age or I would have asked him. But as long as he was with me, he defended my tank against clam nappers rather viciously.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

So here's Dingbat the guard crab

Holy Bananas Kat!!! I've never seen a porcelain go to town on anything like that before. Did it kill the shrimp? It was sure ripping it to pieces. I thought they were exclucively filter feeders and extremely docile.

Holy Bananas Kat!!! I've never seen a porcelain go to town on anything like that before. Did it kill the shrimp? It was sure ripping it to pieces. I thought they were exclucively filter feeders and extremely docile.

:lol: Yes yes, he was a ham. Big Bertha (the shrimp) keeled over and died right before my eyes, she was huge too so I'm thinking she was 92 in shrimp years. Dingbat just had a golden opportunity to score some super fresh meat.

• Like 1