Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I know it's the old running joke around here, but seriously, you are going to HAVE to get a larger tank and the sooner you admit and do it, the sooner you can get to REALLY blowing everyone away. As it is, you're tapped out. You're at a dead end and youre buying frags you have no room for. The world needs to see what you would do with say, a 65 cube. Which wouldn't take up much more room than what you have now. Then you can entertain yourself for years with all the new real estate.

• Like 3

I know it's the old running joke around here, but seriously, you are going to HAVE to get a larger tank and the sooner you admit and do it, the sooner you can get to REALLY blowing everyone away. As it is, you're tapped out. You're at a dead end and youre buying frags you have no room for. The world needs to see what you would do with say, a 65 cube. Which wouldn't take up much more room than what you have now. Then you can entertain yourself for years with all the new real estate.

I hate to say it, but Zeph is right; you need more play space.

• Like 2

Believe me I have considered it. I just can't see myself enjoying a whole tank full of little frags again. The little frags I get now don't even get noticed. I like (and you do too) a full lush reef. Benny calls it cluttered and it is but it is how a reef should be, at least any reef I want to have.

I'm not sure about doubling my volume but different dimension of the tank would be so great, so that I'm not submerged up to my armpit to work on the bottom half of the tank.

I hate to say it, but Zeph is right; you need more play space.

:slap:

• Like 2

The world needs to see what you would do with say, a 65 cube.

I'm going to disagree with this. The current tank is roughly 20x20x20. A 65 gallon cube is 24x24x24. I just don't see how 4" in each dimension is going to be a major difference worth upgrading over. If you want to double the display space in the tank, you're going to have to get a lot larger than double the volume. I don't see anything less than 100 gallons being worth the effort, and really 150+ would be what I'd tell her to start looking at. I've looked at going from my 20L to a Neo 65 rimless, and it's just not much difference in display space, and thus IMHO, visual impact.

Cameron6796

Lol wow what a way to start your 3 year anniversary. Congrats btw. But I guess they are correct you are full... And the whole starting from frag thing could be semi avoided, you could buy larger mini colonies. I bet you would be happy if you started something fresh anyway, new start, open playing field, clean slate. Aka DOOOOO IIIIIIIIT no pressure. Also would you ever do something smaller

• Like 2
Cameron6796
36x24x24. Like a short rectangle.
I think she said she doesn't want something deep

60x24x24, go big!
just move to Australia and live on an island with a reef around it
  • Like 2

Don't say that, she just might. It's an interesting idea to plant your reef like you would a garden, rather than in an aquarium.

• Like 2

24" is the same height as her current tank.

The current tank is roughly 20x20x20.

The current tank (display area) is 23.5X15X18

I don't like the 65 Cube idea, I am just gunning for more space 'cause I know Kat can do a lot with it.

:slap:

Lol wow what a way to start your 3 year anniversary. Congrats btw. But I guess they are correct you are full... And the whole starting from frag thing could be semi avoided, you could buy larger mini colonies. I bet you would be happy if you started something fresh anyway, new start, open playing field, clean slate. Aka DOOOOO IIIIIIIIT no pressure. Also would you ever do something smaller

I have a pico up and running too. It's a bit kookie. :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/345100-kats-little-red-wagon-232/?p=4778453

• Like 1

The current tank (display area) is 23.5X15X18

Is it really that thin? RSM lists it as 24x20x24. I get the 5" thinner, but it's 6" shorter than they advertise? Oh, because of the stock hood, right I forgot about that since so many remove it.

Is it really that thin? RSM lists it as 24x20x24. I get the 5" thinner, but it's 6" shorter than they advertise? Oh, because of the stock hood, right I forgot about that since so many remove it.

and the back chamber.

No trading my corals for pie... Unless it's GSP. BTW, anyone know any good ways for getting GSP off rocks? I've got a small patch that's attached to a rock that I want to remove before it spreads.

No, no, I wouldn't trade our corals for pie... I'd trade our pie for corals!!

• Like 2

I keep thinking that maybe we should forgo trips and vacations and invest in a bigger tank. Then I think about all the potential tank crashes.... nope. Can't do it.