Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I like!

Morning.

Where did you get this acro, do you remember? I was looking at some shots of the base and it's already grown about 1/8 of an inch, which is as fast as, if not faster, than my slimer. I need to start focusing on more of these fast growing / great looking acros.

Morning.

Where did you get this acro, do you remember? I was looking at some shots of the base and it's already grown about 1/8 of an inch, which is as fast as, if not faster, than my slimer. I need to start focusing on more of these fast growing / great looking acros.

Hi Mark, it is a frag I recieved 2 years ago from Zephs colony. I believe he got the original 1 inch frag from LiveAquaria. Almost immediately it browned out in my tank, that is when I found out I had phosphates. It took a good 6 months for it to color up, and to begin to encrust and grow. Once it got comfortable it really grew. Also, I don't frag it very often, usually only if it's going to collide with the bali slimer. I have read that fragged corals especially SPS can take upto a year or more to recover from the trauma. And indeed I have 2-3 corals that I have had for a year that are still not showing growth. This coral has been pretty resilient and hardy. It survived a delayed postal delivery shipment that took about a week to get to it's destination.

• Like 1

You saw my facebook profile or you saw me on someone elses?

Saw your username on someone elses. I assumed it was you, just thought it was funny. Not sure which page, but I'm friends with a few vendors and follow most of the coral sites there.

• Like 1

Hi Mark, it is a frag I recieved 2 years ago from Zephs colony. I believe he got the original 1 inch frag from LiveAquaria. Almost immediately it browned out in my tank, that is when I found out I had phosphates. It took a good 6 months for it to color up, and to begin to encrust and grow. Once it got comfortable it really grew. Also, I don't frag it very often, usually only if it's going to collide with the bali slimer. I have read that fragged corals especially SPS can take upto a year or more to recover from the trauma. And indeed I have 2-3 corals that I have had for a year that are still not showing growth. This coral has been pretty resilient and hardy. It survived a delayed postal delivery shipment that took about a week to get to it's destination.

Thanks, good to know. I have owned a Salifert Phosphate kit for a while but apparently never used it so I did not realize you could double up everything to get a more accurate test. My best guess is .06 phosphates, which seems pretty good for me. :) Hannah continually reads 0.5 to 1.0. My slimer is going through a browning episode which might be a delayed reaction from the move, or might be due to a small Alk spike, so I have been testing more but not changing anything.

Remind me what salt you use now? RC still?

• Like 1

Magnesium test

Salifert 1440

Red Sea 1280

Remind me what salt you use now? RC still?

I recently switched to Brightwell NeoMarine. I've barely done a 6-7G water change from it though. So most of the water in the tank is Reef Crystals.

That one is my favorite of the bunch! Are those WYSIWYG pics or just stock?

They are stock I believe. The pack comes with a minimum 5 polyps in each colony.

I had to check out your Facebook...looks like you are friends with Brian D. whom helped push me into setting up a reef.

He did? how long ago was that?

My niece and nephew are in soccer camp this week. 6 year old niece is the only girl in her camp. So I asked her if the boys are asking for her phone number. And she said I don't have a phone, they can facetime with me on my iPad. :eek:

• Like 3