Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

hey kat, you wouldn't happen to have another frag of that nasuta/subulata/whateverata? :P

i'm ready to try again. :rolleyes:

5.gif I do

Grab you some better pictures when lights are on but here's some anyway.

This is a mini colony, extremely nice size. and it has a small 1 inch frag sitting on top of it too.

20140702_181745edit.jpg

And a healed and encrusting ~1 inch frag in this picture to the back left

20140702_181800edit.jpg

• Like 6

:lol:

Papa Veng, that's awesome!!!! Can't even tell you were half asleep on your feet. :P

:lol: I was pretty dead that day, wouldn't have surprised me if I got home and found I never turned the camera on.

• Like 3
JavaJacketOC

Eye candy. It is thunderstorming. Took advantage of the dark skies for some daylight shots.

20140702_181559edit.jpg

I've always wanted those SPS valley shots I see in everybody else's threads. :lol:

20140702_181619edit.jpg

Myagi photobombing

20140702_181938edit.jpg

Emerald Grandis Palys are glowing today

20140702_181732edit.jpg

Z&P. Please excuse the frag rack in the foreground.

20140702_181721edit.jpg

Kat, what is that reddish orange number in the lower part of the first picture?

Kat, what is that reddish orange number in the lower part of the first picture?

Benny called it. The lime LEDs cast a yellow light on this coral, it is directly below one of the bulbs. But otherwise it is a super bright pink/ orange. The FTS on page one of this thread shows you the color without lime LEDs also.
JavaJacketOC

Benny called it. The lime LEDs cast a yellow light on this coral, it is directly below one of the bulbs. But otherwise it is a super bright pink/ orange. The FTS on page one of this thread shows you the color without lime LEDs also.

Nice, it's very good looking in both pictures. Do you ever frag it? :D

5.gif I do

Grab you some better pictures when lights are on but here's some anyway.

This is a mini colony, extremely nice size. and it has a small 1 inch frag sitting on top of it too.

20140702_181745edit.jpg

And a healed and encrusting ~1 inch frag in this picture to the back left

20140702_181800edit.jpg

hufy2.jpg

• Like 2

I had you covered 'cept for that bloody 3 oz rule. That's good for one SPS polyp IMO.

Yeah, I know you would have hooked me up if there was a way to get it home. Probably would have ended up in a cavity search if I'd tried!

• Like 1

About 2 days ago I put Tarte the urchin in the fuge, along with the blue dot sea hare. It was a bit hairy there for a while, no pun intended when I heard the pistol snapping but Dotty the bunny managed to stay alive.

Both of them have pretty much annihilated the algae in a little corner of the fuge. So happy.

• Like 2

Wassssup? I did a small change with my new bag o' salt. Brightwell NeoMarine. Just like Chris Brightwell said, it mixed crystal clear with no residue. I'm slowly transitioning to the new salt, a few gallons each time. The water is ready to use after one hour but Chris recommends waiting a full 24 hours to use it. Says so on the bag as well. It allows proper gas exchange, makes the pH stable. Don't bite me, that's what he said.

lg-73630-55603-fish-supply.jpg

• Like 1

Wassssup? I did a small change with my new bag o' salt. Brightwell NeoMarine. Just like Chris Brightwell said, it mixed crystal clear with no residue. I'm slowly transitioning to the new salt, a few gallons each time. The water is ready to use after one hour but Chris recommends waiting a full 24 hours to use it. Says so on the bag as well. It allows proper gas exchange, makes the pH stable. Don't bite me, that's what he said.

Did you test it? I'd like to know KH and Calcium at least. Mag only if you have the patience. :)