Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

It's not too bad. All my tattoos are Japanese traditional. My artist is actually a friend, and he apprenticed in japan. He is not cheap at $150-200 a hour depending on what he's doing, but he is very good. When something is on your body forever, price is nothing and happiness is everything. I have prob over 100 hours so far. I have spent a good ammount of money, but i no longer pay for my tattoos. I do some work for my artist, and he does the same. He is a car guy so we hook each other up.

If i would have paid for everything, I would prob have over 20k in work.

• Like 3

I hear you. I would pay good money for those artists from site TJ linked. Tattoos are personal, it is important to have it just the way you want it to be.

The tattoo that I want to have elaborated needs a true artist. I'm not sure where to find that.

I can draw something up, but the guy who does the tattoo should know how to bring it to life. So it isn't about the drawing or the design, it's about the artist.

• Like 3
MyJasmineRose

Finally got through this entire thread, this (totally gorgeous btw) tank is like a rollercoaster when 2+ years happen in the space of 2 weeks omgomgomg

Hey Kat, I know you posted your lighting system but do you know what your watts per gallon is? I found a nice 144 Watt T5/LED and was going to get it for my new 29, but saw a rule of thumb saying you needed 8 watts/gal minimum for clams >_> Trying to figure out if that's true or BS

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Finally got through this entire thread, this (totally gorgeous btw) tank is like a rollercoaster when 2+ years happen in the space of 2 weeks omgomgomg

Hey Kat, I know you posted your lighting system but do you know what your watts per gallon is? I found a nice 144 Watt T5/LED and was going to get it for my new 29, but saw a rule of thumb saying you needed 8 watts/gal minimum for clams >_> Trying to figure out if that's true or BS

The 'watts per gallon' rule didn't make sense ten years ago and still doesn't make sense today.

• Like 2

Anybody that can get through this party deserves a hug. :lol:

Jedi answered the light thing. My total T5s are 96W over my 34G tank. Oreo the clam is at the very top and Tangerine is in the middle of the tank. The light they get has both T5s and LEDs but I feel sure that the T5s alone would have been fine as long as it isn't a crocea and it is placed middle to top area of the tank. A 29 is shallower I think so you might be able to have it anywhere with 144W.

• Like 1
opaquelace

I hear you. I would pay good money for those artists from site TJ linked. Tattoos are personal, it is important to have it just the way you want it to be.

The tattoo that I want to have elaborated needs a true artist. I'm not sure where to find that.

I can draw something up, but the guy who does the tattoo should know how to bring it to life. So it isn't about the drawing or the design, it's about the artist.

You live in New York. You have a wealth of great tattoo artists at your disposal. I want a new one so badly. But no monies.

You live in New York. You have a wealth of great tattoo artists at your disposal. I want a new one so badly. But no monies.

Yeah every other shop in the village is a tattoo parlor. But finding the artist is a daunting task.

• Like 3
opaquelace

Yeah every other shop in the village is a tattoo parlor. But finding the artist is a daunting task.

Yea I can see where that would be more of a problem lol.

I have lived by the following:

Always search for the right artist, not the right tattoo. The wrong artist can mess up the tattoo of your dreams, while the right artist can tattoo whatever they want on you and it will become the tattoo of your dreams.

• Like 2

I don't know if ill ever get a tattoo or not, but if I do, I agre, I will search and find the best artist I can for it.

• Like 3

Eye candy. It is thunderstorming. Took advantage of the dark skies for some daylight shots.

20140702_181559edit.jpg

I've always wanted those SPS valley shots I see in everybody else's threads. :lol:

20140702_181619edit.jpg

Myagi photobombing

20140702_181938edit.jpg

Emerald Grandis Palys are glowing today

20140702_181732edit.jpg

Z&P. Please excuse the frag rack in the foreground.

20140702_181721edit.jpg

• Like 11

Drink alllll the wine for Mama Tailes. We're exhausted over here. Finally had tooth #3 come in last night, but #4 is a beast.

:wub:

It has been so hot that I've not been having proper meals, just snacking so empty tummy and alcohol. :owned:

I was supposed to go to a winery this past weekend but my friend cancelled. :(

Live music, cheese plate, grapes, and vino. Sigh.

And I'm not coming to Dallas prolly till October. :(

• Like 1

why is your setosa turning yellow and how are your grandis so green? Does the rest of you look as saucy as your tank? Inquiring minds want to know

• Like 1

Nippy! :wub:

The JF setosa is not turning yellow, those are my limes casting a whatchamacallit color cast.

My Grandis are bonafide emerald green. Brighter than any I have seen around. It was given to me on the down low, I'm not supposed to have it.

I am saucy. Now you know. :slap:

Are those colors accurate? If so :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: .

The photos have not been altered for color. I have corrected the exposure, these are taken with my stupid cell phone.