SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

james-bond-gun-barrel-o.gif

The Upgrade

I wasn't going to give up the Hybrid. Nope. But I was interested in the new Lime LED's. Technically this is my 3rd upgrade to my hybrid (the second was the upgrade to the storm controller). I was looking at Benny's light and I appreciated the colors the Lime brought out in the tank. Benny and I chat all day long, mostly it's Greek which goes over my head. And then he yells at me for saying which colors I like, which lights show the best colors. I have no idea what he's been smoking but about a month ago he told me to send a secret text to Dave at NanoBox, and it would open up untold surprises. The secret text message was "LIME BIITCH".

:rolleyes:

Well, whodathunkit. Dave responded to the message like one of those mission impossible secret assignments. It turns out that Benny made an under the table upgrade agreement with Dave for my light without ever mentioning it! :o Wait, what?! Yeah, Benny got me the upgrade. The guy has dinos for brains. Either that or he's been seeing waaaaay too much Kate Upton and has jelly for brains.

I shipped out my light last week and I've got it back and fired up. I had 2 channels before: just blues and whites.

I now have 3.

CH1 - 4 - Lime, 4 - UV/Violet

CH2 - 4 - Blue, 8 - Royal Blue

CH3 - 4 - Neutral White, 4 - Warm White, 2 - Cyan

I'm still playing with the settings. Quick and dirty pictures.

20140629_091850edit.jpg

20140628_225510.jpg20140628_225521.jpg20140628_225533.jpg

Benny, thank you. I'm completely floored.

:wub:

egyptian.gif YO DAVE! egyptian.gif

The light is pretty sweet I tell ya.

• Like 19
jedimasterben

The secret text message was "LIME BIITCH".

:rolleyes:

:D

Well, whodathunkit. Dave responded to the message like one of those mission impossible secret assignments. It turns out that Benny made an under the table upgrade agreement with Dave for my light without ever mentioning it! :o Wait, what?! Yeah, Benny got me the upgrade. The guy has dinos for brains. Either that or he's been seeing waaaaay too much Kate Upton and has jelly for brains.

Or both!

opzJB.gif

Benny, thank you. I'm completely floored.

:)

Sounds like I need to sweet talk Benny more often.

Dear Benny ,

:flower:

-B

:lol:

• Like 3
Nano sapiens

Ahhh, I see, you've succumbed to the the 'Luscious Lime' syndrome :)

From what I've been reading they really brighten up the tank, but not in quite the same way as say a warm/neutral white. Curious to see how you like the look longer term.

• Like 1

Ill leave this here.. http://jalopnik.com/the-koenigsegg-one-1-is-swedens-280-mph-carbon-fiber-h-1532088783

The Hennessey Venom GT Is The Fastest Car In The World At 270.49 MPH

The Hennessey Venom GT hit 270.49mph at the Kennedy Space Center on February 14th, thus becoming…

The Venom is such an ugly POS! A chopped up Lotus with a supped up Vette engine for over a million?!

Not the Koenigsegg :slap:

The fastest street-legal production car in the world has a maximum speed of 265.7 mph, while the production Veyron, which features a tuned engine, maxes out at 258 mph. The Veyron Super Sport still holds the title as the world's fastest car, with the pre-production model reaching 267.8 mph.

Koenigsegg is actually number 3

1. Veyron. 267.8 mph

2. Hennessey Venom. 265 mph

3. KoenigseggAgera R. 260 mph

The Koenigsegg One:1 will definitely be the top of the list, but the Bug is king. I've heard from sources that the Lambo Veneno is the king, but only the three owners have actually driven the car and no one has any recorded data. My life has been super cars for the last 10 months!

Dallas huh..lined anything let us know!

Let us know when you get a tank up and we'll get you some frags to go in it.

Ill be in Dallas in one week! Leaving Boston tomorrow! But once we settle in Dallas and begin a new tank I will definitely let y'all know, should be just after 2015!

Kat, sweet light!!! looking forward to seeing the results!

• Like 3
albertthiel

Kat they START at $1.3 million and go up to $3+ depending on how you custom order it. They have been illegal in the US until this past month or so, Prestige Imports in Miami is now the only dealer in the US I believe, and even then they have to be custom ordered and might not make it into the states..

Ill just leave this here..

10404016_692685910769154_539137165435007

Check this one out

• Like 1

Awesome choice in lighting Kat!

I plan on doing the same with my hybrid. After getting some coral under my new mini with lime, I have to do it! The lime makes everything so bright and vivid! What t5 combo are you running??

• Like 1

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/330632-my-t5led-hybrid-light/ Kind of a review but I guess not really?

Needs an update tho.

Awesome choice in lighting Kat! I plan on doing the same with my hybrid. After getting some coral under my new mini with lime, I have to do it! The lime makes everything so bright and vivid! What t5 combo are you running??

Kat, you never said how you actually like the lights? Give us a quick review! What are your opinions? Tank looks sexy.

Thanks everyone. I will write a review and opinion after it's been on for a little bit. I got it hooked up last night and the tank had moonlight back finally. And then this morning ive been adjusting the channels to see what looks good to my eye. And I'm not home at the moment, just got done burning 604 calories. So I need some alone time with my precious. :lol:

• Like 2

Awesome choice in lighting Kat! I plan on doing the same with my hybrid. After getting some coral under my new mini with lime, I have to do it! The lime makes everything so bright and vivid! What t5 combo are you running??

I've got Blue +, Coral Plus and Actinic. The actinic is stupid.

Does not.

It provides a spectrum of light that our eyes do not see very well but the corals use for growth. It's also present in the Blue+ and Coral+ bulbs but at a slightly lesser amount. It's a good bulb to use if you are trying to avoid making the tank too bright.

• Like 1