Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

No, I got it from a vendor down here in Florida, rare reef. They have 1 more but not as nice. Hopefully the right one ends up in the bag.

FInally someone with feedback for RARE REEF. How is their facility? Do you recommend them ? They do get nice stuff in, i know.

I'll post feedback tomorrow. You do know they are the same guys from the frag farmer right? Honestly, I'm a little liery but seems like they have cleaned up their act. I did order using my Visa just in case.

As far as the transaction, ordering off the website wasn't so bad, had to sign up for a google checkout account. Seems like the order will ship today, but haven't checked for a tracking #.

jedimasterben
I beg to disagree, and so does Calfo, Sprung, and Knop. Unlike most corals, clams are not born with zooxanthellae and need to get it from an outside source. You can actually chose the color of the clams you want to grow by culturing select zooxanthellae, or sacrificing the clam that has the traits you want. Settled larval clams do ingest zooxanthellae, this is where you are wrong. If they do not they will never grow out of the larval stage. Simply sitting another live clam in the culture vessel will not work at all. That has been tried so many times and has failed every single time.

Calfo " book of coral propagation: Pg 268.

" The sacrificial clam is pureed to provide viable zooxanthellae for the settled larval clams"

right, no corals or anything are born with zooxanthellae, and the video i watched must have been wrong - i specifically remember it saying that the capture of zoox started post-meta, which is where they settle down and begin forming their shells.

and i am completely befuddled on how zooxanthellae affects the color of the mantle, though, as zooxanthellae contain sveral different photosynthetic pigments in each one, which is why they appear brown or tan. :/

Edited by jedimasterben
This thread consistently hugs the very edge of decency. :o

Love you too Ian.

You guys and your clams lately. I can't stand it any longer...had to buy another. I've had a derasa for a few months and just bought a blue squamosa. Nice little specimen you have gotten your hands on there Kat.

:lol: I was this close to renaming this thread something clam related. I've unknowingly made a bafoon of myself on FB many times. Like when feathers in the hair were super fashionable, nobody I knew had them in stock anymore, so I posted on my FB "looking for a rooster, ping me immediately". :huh:

will let you know if you want in.

I want in. You heard it here first.

Kat, I have a question about your signature. I think the Louboutin shoes are to do with fashion, unless you like Trina, but whats with the Angry Birds pig?

Kat, I have a question about your signature. I think the Louboutin shoes are to do with fashion, unless you like Trina, but whats with the Angry Birds pig?

It's my Piggy love symbol. LongPig is my forum boyfriend. See his avatar? He's got a girl wearing a pig head in heels. Uh huh. Forum love. B)

It's my Piggy love symbol. LongPig is my forum boyfriend. See his avatar? He's got a girl wearing a pig head in heels. Uh huh. Forum love. B)

Gotcha makes sense now, and I know the avatar it gives me nightmares on a regular basis :lol:

I'll post feedback tomorrow. You do know they are the same guys from the frag farmer right? Honestly, I'm a little liery but seems like they have cleaned up their act. I did order using my Visa just in case.

As far as the transaction, ordering off the website wasn't so bad, had to sign up for a google checkout account. Seems like the order will ship today, but haven't checked for a tracking #.

Sure. and yes I have heard mixed opinions. Let us know because they do get some exotic stuff in .

This look like green elephants. :huh:

The tyree pink elephants are green with pink skirts. Mine are indeed that color, just my lighting doesnt show them off as good as say, yours would. - YET.

tyreepinkelephants.jpg

Edited by ZephNYC
Love you too Ian.

Love you (and your widdle clam) back! :P

Frilly Limpet Update

Saw her pooping, so I guess she's eating. Still very orange and likes to hang out in one spot to snooze but otherwise moves from rock to rock. I've had her now about 9 months.

:happydance:

The tyree pink elephants are green with pink skirts. Mine are indeed that color, just my lighting doesnt show them off as good as say, yours would. - YET.

tyreepinkelephants.jpg

Ooooooooooh...

Ahhhhhhhhh...

Hey Zeph maybe u could answer my pm? Kthxbye.

(it's about a clam)

Ooooooooooh...

Ahhhhhhhhh...

Hey Zeph maybe u could answer my pm? Kthxbye.

(it's about a clam)

Got ya !!!

oh...forgot to say...if you can find one at your LFS thats the best.

Edited by ZephNYC
Got ya !!!

oh...forgot to say...if you can find one at your LFS thats the best.

Hmmmm...should we flood Kat's thread with this conversation or use pms?...

I'm feeling kind.

Sent u another pm haha.

I'm feeling kind.

Sent u another pm haha.

Think of it as free bumps, haha

Edited by dormreefer

the clam nappers called, they can consider some pink elephants thrown in for partial payment. -_-

I'm feeling kind.

Sent u another pm haha.

Lets annoy Kat and hold all our conversations here on her thread :o

J/K!!! I PM"d you. Enjoy the dayyyyyy!

the clam nappers called, they can consider some pink elephants thrown in for partial payment. -_-

I only have 3 polyps and Im guessing they grow slow, Tell the nappers to keep their panties on....it may be a while.

Edited by ZephNYC

Emerald, the Clam, was busy last night. She turned herself around while I watched.

Yesterday-Today. 180 degrees/

IMG_2725.CR2.jpgIMG_2751.CR2.jpg

Noir, the Clam, decided to slide off the mushroom rock.

IMG_2750.CR2.jpg

And just for size comparison, here is Starchy. The sexy shrimp that is the size of a grain of rice.

IMG_2744.CR2.jpg

This is Blue, my fuge pistol

IMG_2746.CR2.jpg

I only have 3 polyps and Im guessing they grow slow, Tell the nappers to keep their panties on....it may be a while.

:slap:

Edited by metrokat

I kinda feel like a pervert in thinking that your baby sexy shrimp are sexy.........mmmmm........I didn't think that about your little clam though............??????

The clams are so pretty! I do believe clams have just made their way onto my wish list! Of course, I need to learn to frag first and clear some space :lol:.