Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Call me darling, I'll tell you what my Dkh is. It's just a number on a test kit. I know how to read. But

I haven't talked to you in ages.....

I called you before I even read this.. Awwwwww. :wub:

I'd do an incredible water change and start from a fresh plate. Stuff will be pissed off, but they'll be less pissed off than the crazy fluctuations you've got going on right now.

Zeph, you need to make me a pack of all kinds of crazy #### and send to me. How I will pay for it I have no idea since I have no 'fish budget' anymore, but it'll work. Or something. Kinda.

Want any of these?

red planet acro

blueberry lime acro

green pocillopora

pink pocillopora,

orange monti cap

green monti cap

Edited by ZephNYC
I called you before I even read this.. Awwwwww. :wub:

Want any of these?

red planet acro

blueberry lime acro

green pocillopora

pink pocillopora,

orange monti cap

green monti cap

If transactions are going to be conducted on my thread, I'm demanding middle woman fee.

XxViEtXjUStiNxX
Call me darling, I'll tell you what my Dkh is. It's just a number on a test kit. I know how to read. But

I haven't talked to you in ages.....

What are you dosing, how much of it/day, and what equipment are you using to dose?

jedimasterben
Want any of these?

red planet acro

blueberry lime acro

green pocillopora

pink pocillopora,

orange monti cap

green monti cap

*drooling*

rainbow%2Bdrool.jpg

If transactions are going to be conducted on my thread, I'm demanding middle woman fee.

you can be in the middle of anything I do.

I hit 15 for awhile, took weeks to get to 14. What salt mix? We may have the same issue :mellow:

Naw, we don't have the same issue, my Alk has been historically low. This high period is due to a doser issue. It did not malfunction, I probably miscalculated my water volume or something stupid. I'm not stressing mostly because the tank is not stressing.

Just curious what is your dKH? Mine seems to sit at 14 :/

That high DKH may be what is bothering your little maxima. High dkh are great for sps but for clams I would lower it a little to around 10.Not an emergancy situation, just dont add any buffer a fewe days and let it come down a little..

Good Morning Kitty Kat. Any sign of life from AbsolutelyFish ? I really want that little black maxima, I hope shes ok and that the LFS was not too damaged.

*drooling*

For all the help you have been I feel I "owe" you...so you can have any or even all of these for free, All you have to pay is shipping. Lemme know.

jedimasterben
For all the help you have been I feel I "owe" you...so you can have any or even all of these for free, All you have to pay is shipping. Lemme know.

:o

:bowdown: to the clam master!

Kat, have been dealing with an emergency and just no time to log on, but was thinking about you up in the city. Glad it worked out so well and that it's basically status quo - ie Alk problems. ;)

Can't imagine living in Hoboken or Staten Island right now...

Oh, and I thought she only liked me for my reefing skills <sigh>.

-Marc

And by the way...if you take my name and replace the R with an L and hold it up the a mirror what does it say ???

KLAM .... :-)

Kat, have been dealing with an emergency and just no time to log on, but was thinking about you up in the city. Glad it worked out so well and that it's basically status quo - ie Alk problems. ;)

Can't imagine living in Hoboken or Staten Island right now...

Hi Ian, hope the emergency has been handled, are you alright?

Thanks for thinking of me, yeah status quo. :lol:

Wanted to show Kat what her baby maxima ( 1.5 inch) looks like. I have had it for a few months now and its doing great. I love these small aquacultured Maxis, as they dont cost an arm and a leg...just a toe or two.

bunnyyg.jpg

Edited by ZephNYC
That high DKH may be what is bothering your little maxima. High dkh are great for sps but for clams I would lower it a little to around 10.Not an emergancy situation, just dont add any buffer a fewe days and let it come down a little..

You know I didn't even think that, I don't even add anything. I use IO which is at 11 dKH and it still sits at 14 :/ looks like I should get on that now. Need to start fixing all these variables one at a time.

Edit- I went back and watch the

test kit video. Is this the color you guys are using to for your alk tests? Maybe I'm looking for the card color and testing too far? Edited by dormreefer
Wanted to show Kat what her baby maxima ( 1.5 inch) looks like. I have had it for a few months now and its doing great. I love these small aquacultured Maxis, as they dont cost an arm and a leg...just a toe or two.

bunnyyg.jpg

She likes you! :lol:

You've had good luck with the things I send your way, clams, my super secret caulerpa seller, polyps, SPS, and all the things that are mine that you nap. Stick with me Kid, you will go places.

You know I didn't even think that, I don't even add anything. I use IO which is at 11 dKH and it still sits at 14 :/ looks like I should get on that now. Need to start fixing all these variables one at a time.

THats strange, to have a dkh of 14 without adding anything. Dont do any water changes for a little while so it can come down and youll get a little nitrate boost also. All good for CLAMS!

:lol:

She likes you! :lol:

You've had good luck with the things I send your way, clams, my super secret caulerpa seller, polyps, SPS, and all the things that are mine that you nap. Stick with me Kid, you will go places.

yea...I will go places for sure. TO THE POOR HOUSE. Rumor has it American express has a hitman looking for me. Lmfaoooooo

Edited by ZephNYC

So my dad is here, and he can't understand why groceries are in short supply. :rolleyes:

But I just showed him Kris's pictures so maybe he can get a clue. He's still going out in a bit to find some items he 'needs' including an iPhone since his got stolen. I have yet to tell him gas is non existent. Lovely.

He's here for a golf tournament, he plays tournament level golf and gets flown about the planet to compete with teams from all over the world. He is here for his third Virgin Atlantic tournament, being held next week in Miami. Wish MACNA was on, I could have flown too!

THats strange, to have a dkh of 14 without adding anything. Dont do any water changes for a little while so it can come down and youll get a little nitrate boost also. All good for CLAMS!

:lol:

I have "Real Reef" rock and I think the guy at the LFS said something about it being made of Aragonite? Could that be what keeps it high?