Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

My Vortech battery backup arrived today, boy that thing is heavy!

In a Uhaul.

:slap:

It was a little smaller when I got it, but they shipped it like everything else. In a big box Fed Ex overnight. I remember feeing like it was Christmas morning and I was 5 years old! I wish I could get another. If anyone ever comes across a Gigas for sale it would be a sin not to let me know.

Do not make me come over there!

Wow, says show size! And cheap! Get it!

I really might. ITs in my cart right now along with this little guy.

They call it purple/green squammy.

purplesquammy.jpg

Edited by ZephNYC
Awww, for me? THANKS!!

;)

I'm doing a lot of slappin tonight. Good thing my anger management class is tomorrow. Lmaooooo! :lol:

PS. I made some red planet frags today.

Edited by ZephNYC
jedimasterben

I'm doing a lot of slappin tonight. Good thing my anger management class is tomorrow. Lmaooooo! :lol:

PS. I made some red planet frags today.

:wub:

Ya know, in a very manly sort of way.

It was a little smaller when I got it, but they shipped it like everything else. In a big box Fed Ex overnight. I remember feeing like it was Christmas morning and I was 5 years old! I wish I could get another. If anyone ever comes across a Gigas for sale it would be a sin not to let me know.

How big is big?

There's a clam at a shop here that's.... I dunno, 15"? 18"? Something like that.

Edited by Veng

14udw94.jpg

9zmwbl.jpg

2vkfgag.jpg

Not sure what species it is though.

These are old pictures (it is still in the shop) I think these were from Januaray actually.

And you can't blame me if Zeph flies down and buys it :P

Uhh, I think 1200$ is what has been written on the glass. Given how long it's been in their shop, I suspect they'd take less.

I'm no expert but that looks like a gimongous squamosa to me.

Tisk tisk tisk...Its a very nice Deresa. The true key to identifying clams is the shell. Squamosa shells are "fluted" in other words have shelves popping out. Deresas are smooth like that. Color pattern is a give away too.

How big is big?

There's a clam at a shop here that's.... I dunno, 15"? 18"? Something like that.

oh my gigas was about 25" when i first got it. ITs like 30" now.

Naw, don't like that squamosa. you have the blue, ths is purple, same difference. What you do not have is a hippo pus.

I GOT SNAKED!!! Someone bought it right out from my shopping cart !!!!! :angry: Now some other putz has my purple squamosa.

Edited by ZephNYC
I got this one, aint she puurdyyyy? :wub:

newclam3.jpg

That's a really neat color! Love the distinct line of spots on the mantle too! I saw a white Maxima clam the other day and had to try realllly hard not to buy it. Actually are white ones hard to find? On second thought I may go buy it...

Tisk tisk tisk...Its a very nice Deresa. The true key to identifying clams is the shell. Squamosa shells are "fluted" in other words have shelves popping out. Deresas are smooth like that. Color pattern is a give away too.

Thanks for the lesson.

oh my gigas was about 25" when i first got it. ITs like 30" now.

Yeah, I've seen your clams, but I didn't know what your "must know about" sizes are :P

I got this one, aint she puurdyyyy? :wub:

newclam3.jpg

:o

That was the one I wanted....

Oh well ill get to see it in your tank.

Tisk tisk tisk...Its a very nice Deresa. The true key to identifying clams is the shell. Squamosa shells are "fluted" in other words have shelves popping out. Deresas are smooth like that. Color pattern is a give away

I don't know much about shells. You are the expert between us but I've never seen a derasa which is always without exception a more narrow matle flesh and opening and with stripes, look like a squamosa which has spots and can sometimes look like a smooth ball. Come to think of it, you have one exactly like that, un fluted in your tank right now.

You also thought Kat the rare blue squamosa was a crocea. So there.

-_-

I would have to say that the one you have has me all confused between squamosa and derasa.

jedimaster1138

Nice. How does one get into Kat's Club? Is there a process like a fraternity rush?

this is a bit early but I am hosting a hurricane recovery event at manhattan reefs after the swap. We are working out the details but donations etc will be part of the event if we can work out how it will happen without compromising the stores sales. They will have $5/$10$15 raceways, etc. still hashing it out. Kats club 25% discount will still apply.
Go back to sleep Kat. :)

And you were awake doing what Ian?

Nice. How does one get into Kat's Club? Is there a process like a fraternity rush?

The entry fee is a Jason Fox frag. After that it's a party. :lol:

J/K. Have you missed all of my Kats Club 25% off sales at Manhattan Aquariums? :o

I do one every 6 months or so, post here and on MR. MR has been restrictive after the last one so I have to get "approval" before posting it. Also Kathy decided to rename the sales "Metrokats Club" claiming peoople know HER as Kat and would cause confusion. Meanwhile I had discounts from online vendors such as PYA and InTank also with "Katsclub". I am NOT a fan of Ms. Kathy by even a long shot.

Anyway, I may not be posting details about it on MR, that is up to the store to promote. But I will be posting about it here, in a new thread and on my thread. All you have to do is say "katsclub" at the register to get 25% off.

ooooh, anybody want?

derasa_lg.jpg

jedimasterben

I was totally thinking derasa when I looked at the shell! :)

I GOT SNAKED!!! Someone bought it right out from my shopping cart !!!!! :angry: Now some other putz has my purple squamosa.

the part that I saw. :lol:

That's a really neat color! Love the distinct line of spots on the mantle too! I saw a white Maxima clam the other day and had to try realllly hard not to buy it. Actually are white ones hard to find? On second thought I may go buy it...

Like this? http://reefbuilders.com/2009/02/28/maxea-clams-full/

If not, then it's most likely just bleached and will probably die.