Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

jedimaster1138

Yeah that's about how I look.

Dr Mac just posted to MR that they are coming to the swap ...

"We will be bringing lots of crazy nice clams and selling them cheap!

We will also be bringing TONS of really nice frags priced right, $10 and $15. We will have hundreds and hundreds of cheap nice frags to chose from. "

TWITCH

I remember hearing about some drama. Wasn't there an issue with MA too? Someone not getting their discount and someone at MA being irritated.

Oh I know what I want to ask you Kat...how's your Forest Fire Digi? I ask because mine lost of but a few of his polyps and turned white. SIGH

Yeah, Olivere didn't give a few people the discount, he thought the discount only applied to members from this site, meanwhile, him and Javier were posting on the Kats club sale thread on MR. In the end they made good on the discount for everybody. Saving both themselves and me. people were starting to get nasty at me claiming I pocket money or perks or something. I've been hosting evernts there for over a year and I received my first free frag ever from MA 2 weeks ago, I was shopping with Zeph. Got a snot sized acro or something, I can't even tell what it is, it is still brown.

I ended up not getting the forest fire digitate. It looked like an orange digitata, there was absolutely no green on the flesh. So the best pieces got bought. The whole reason I want that coral is because it looks like a sunset montipora on a branch.

Yea...what ever happened to my clam ???

The team tried but was unsuccessful. A clam like that was prolly bought even before it hit the newstands.

Yeah that's about how I look.

Dr Mac just posted to MR that they are coming to the swap ...

"We will be bringing lots of crazy nice clams and selling them cheap!

We will also be bringing TONS of really nice frags priced right, $10 and $15. We will have hundreds and hundreds of cheap nice frags to chose from. "

TWITCH

DANGNABBIT!

So here is the trick to Dr Mac. You see his under $15 frags online and pre-order, because his swap prices (at least in Manhattan) for the same frags are higher. I found this out first hand.

Cute Cat Benny.

But...No one likes white Maximas? :( guess I won't buy haha

Get a picture of it and post

dsc0596ak.jpg

She looks more purple here, in person she looks hot pink.

Tank update. I have Caulerpa Serrulata in the DT. I have never purchased it. Kris gave me caulerpa prolifera which I still have a leaf or two of in the stand alone macro fuge. But the Serrulata probably came in as a HH on a frag or it may have been on my uncured rock, it just took 8+ months to sprout into a forest. It is easy to remove but it has runners making complete removal impossible. To my knowledge it has never gone sexual and I am getting rather tired of it trying to overtake everything where it is at.

I asked John Maloney for any known predators, (in case you are wondering I got the new batch of lettuce nudis as they sometimes are known to eat fleshy macros) and John said emerald crabs can be hit or miss. I don't have any other solution. It is not chronic as I routinely rip out the caulerpa so it is contained but it would be nice not to have to do this.

I was able to stop the rampant growth of the monster palys by using epoxy to cover them up, and the growth of the remaining has slowed considerably. I am considering doing the same to the caulerpa area. Just smother it with epoxy. It is not possible to treat with peroxide or I would have already.

Suggestions?

jedimaster1138
Yeah, Olivere didn't give a few people the discount, he thought the discount only applied to members from this site, meanwhile, him and Javier were posting on the Kats club sale thread on MR. In the end they made good on the discount for everybody. Saving both themselves and me. people were starting to get nasty at me claiming I pocket money or perks or something. I've been hosting evernts there for over a year and I received my first free frag ever from MA 2 weeks ago, I was shopping with Zeph. Got a snot sized acro or something, I can't even tell what it is, it is still brown.

CRIMINAL! :-D

There's always drama and everyone is a cynic.

The 20$ frag I got at the same time as the Forest Fire turned out pretty good so far. Cream base, then mostly green with tiny blue polyps. Might be an acropora enchinata, but i'm not sure.

I ended up not getting the forest fire digitate. It looked like an orange digitata, there was absolutely no green on the flesh. So the best pieces got bought. The whole reason I want that coral is because it looks like a sunset montipora on a branch.

Mine definitely had green on the base below the polyps, but yeah, fizzled out after a week or so. I don't know why, but it did. I suppose maybe I didn't acclimate it enough, or something, but that doesn't compute because MA had it a few inches from AI Sol's nuking the heck out of it. I don't think my Ecoxotic's woulda triggered a bleach event.

I'm actually convinced I had Ca issues until recently. I wasn't auto dosing, now I am. There was definitely some Ca swinging from the mid 300's to 400 ish when i did water changes (note to self, change water this weekend). Hopefully now that i'm dosing via the Apex things will settle out. I actually also blame that on my clam deaths thus far.

DANGNABBIT!

So here is the trick to Dr Mac. You see his under $15 frags online and pre-order, because his swap prices (at least in Manhattan) for the same frags are higher. I found this out first hand.

I have to be very picky because of space. I'm already picking up rastas and an open brain from KenConnect and If I wind up with a Dr. Mac Clam because i'm weak... yeah. I need to figure out how to talk to the almost wife into not worrying about my tank upgrade. 3 foot to 5 foot isn't a big deal, aside what it's going to do to my wallet ... ;-p

I also really want to pick up an RBTA for my nano...my mated clowns want a nice bubbly anemone to canoodle in ... at least that's what they tell me. heh

The last two weeks have been hell... but...

Woohoo!

New York (JFK) to Miami (MIA) 11/13/12 9:00 AM - 12:10 PM American Airlines 647

Miami (MIA) to New York (JFK) 11/16/12 11:45 AM - 2:30 PM American Airlines 1510

:happydance:

Finally got a travel gig. Glad we had a few dry photobooths.

So, Kat... we need to put our heads together and figure out what I can fit in my tank. And how I can get the prices you pay at the swap, instead of shelling out what I normally pay.

How long are you staying? I don't plan on bringing mondo boxes this year to sell stuff... so I don't know if I'll be setting up camp as usual.

jedimasterben
The last two weeks have been hell... but...

Woohoo!

New York (JFK) to Miami (MIA) 11/13/12 9:00 AM - 12:10 PM American Airlines 647

Miami (MIA) to New York (JFK) 11/16/12 11:45 AM - 2:30 PM American Airlines 1510

:happydance:

Finally got a travel gig. Glad we had a few dry photobooths.

So, Kat... we need to put our heads together and figure out what I can fit in my tank. And how I can get the prices you pay at the swap, instead of shelling out what I normally pay.

How long are you staying? I don't plan on bringing mondo boxes this year to sell stuff... so I don't know if I'll be setting up camp as usual.

Coming to my neck of the woods?

Also, the reason she gets such good prices is cause everyone takes one look at her and is like

c8u39gqx9oju1lp2u.jpg

Edited by jedimasterben
Get a picture of it and post

Went hope for the weekend hopefully it'll be there next week, just got an email from the LFS too saying the had ORA Maximas at 20% off this weekend :angry: I need to learn to stop shopping in the week days I always get jipped.

Yay, Miami. Try to get a gig there for next September, MACNA baby.

I'm getting there at lunch, around 1 or 2 pm. I always pre sell and pre buy stuff at the swap, including the zoanthids I just named above. even with dr Mac, preorder is a good idea. The only wrench in the plan is that it is my moms birthday, I may have to attend the swap in the AM and be back early for dinner.

As for what you can fit in your tank. Hmmmm.

My prices? Just point to what you want, I can do the talking'. But remember coralgasm at the first swap, he wouldn't break price on eagle eyes, even at the end of the day! And those polyps are so common! Further it melted. Argh!

Yay, Miami. Try to get a gig there for next September, MACNA baby.

I'm getting there at lunch, around 1 or 2 pm. I always pre sell and pre buy stuff at the swap, including the zoanthids I just named above. even with dr Mac, preorder is a good idea. The only wrench in the plan is that it is my moms birthday, I may have to attend the swap in the AM and be back early for dinner.

As for what you can fit in your tank. Hmmmm.

My prices? Just point to what you want, I can do the talking'. But remember coralgasm at the first swap, he wouldn't break price on eagle eyes, even at the end of the day! And those polyps are so common! Further it melted. Argh!

ok...Ill see you there at 2ish. Jumpy just punched me in the face. We were playing nosey, where we touch noses like eskimo kisses - and she socked me. LOL. Im bleeding!

ok...Ill see you there at 2ish. Jumpy just punched me in the face. We were playing nosey, where we touch noses like eskimo kisses - and she socked me. LOL. Im bleeding!

My plans are still not firm. I'll have to get back to you on swap time.

Your clam has attached to the frag disc is had buried in the substrate under her. She's still turning herself around by a degree or two. Did you get a phone or not? There is a spaghetti worm tickling the clam a d I don't know if that is a problem or not.

Considering buying DTs oyster eggs and reef blend. Anybody used these? Opinions?

My little fridge isn't up to the task of keeping things frozen very well, I have no idea what causes the temperature fluctuation in the appliance, it is only opened once a day when I feed the tank. The frozen foods routinely start to thaw just a bit and re freeze back up. Then sometimes it gets cold enough that the liquid foods in the door get little bits of ice inside. Getting a new fridge is not an option but is there a really small compact sized freezer, almost like a personal sized appliance?

My plans are still not firm. I'll have to get back to you on swap time.

Your clam has attached to the frag disc is had buried in the substrate under her. She's still turning herself around by a degree or two. Did you get a phone or not? There is a spaghetti worm tickling the clam a d I don't know if that is a problem or not.

I would have called you by now if I did, but i will today for sure. I will call you asap.

Delirium Tremors is a brand name?

:) I guess so.

Late night salinity checking with the refractometer revealed that it was high :o , added a lot of RO to make it right again. IT is still on the higher side but much better than it was. The old cheap plastic coralife hydrometer gets tossed in the trash today. :angry:

My red sea Pro test kit arrived, can't wait to test today.

Delirium Tremors is a brand name?

Its Delerium TREMENS, and its a Belgium BEER!!!

Oyster eggs are the only thing I've ever fed that I saw my SPS actually eat FWIW.

Oyster eggs are QUICKLY becoming my favorite coral/clam food. I really like the Oyster feast much better than DT's

Deleted User 3
I am a Landlord and a personal trainer...and I sell Discus. I used to have a retail business called Aquatech-NY, but that went under along with my divorce.

I need a personal trainer... :naughtydance:

:) I guess so.

Late night salinity checking with the refractometer revealed that it was high :o , added a lot of RO to make it right again. IT is still on the higher side but much better than it was. The old cheap plastic coralife hydrometer gets tossed in the trash today. :angry:

My red sea Pro test kit arrived, can't wait to test today.

I have a refracto and a floating hydrometer.. and they both say the same thing, so now I use the floating all the time, i turn the flow off, and wait a bit and then put it in, read it, take it out. That way it can't get screwed up. I like it much better than my refracto!

I need new test tubes for my test kit, but i'm too broke to buy them.

Different camera. Still totally cute. :wub:

IMG_0262.JPG

Wow I love this picture. That is going to look really awesome when the zoas fill in aroung that clam. I love clams surrounded by other corals.