inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I just want to say that Wyoming white clownfish have a prime spot in the ugliest fish hall of fame list I carry in my head. As a scientist or biologist or genealogist or whatever, I am certain that the morphs are cool to create, like dogs and cats of mixed breed lineages. I'm just expressing my personal opinion that these poor fish look revolting.

The Island of Doctor Moreau comes to mind.

jedimasterben
So what you're telling me is I need to dream up a fancy name for kenya trees and call it a rare varient and charge 500$ a piece for 1" frags so I can retire?

Just say Jason Fox came over and peed in your tank water and people would go nuts for it.

Thanks for following. (My thread is rather long and it becomes a party at some point, use the index below to get you to the (mostly) serious stuff.)

"Rather long" is a bit of an understatement, no? :) I've read shorter novels. You have a beautiful tank. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I've lived in South Florida since 05. Went to SB one time because my parents (in their 70s) wanted to check it out while visiting. Have no plans on going back. Probably lots of fun if you have lots of money. People who live North of Miami-Dade avoid the Miami area like the plague.

So what you're telling me is I need to dream up a fancy name for kenya trees and call it a rare varient and charge 500$ a piece for 1" frags so I can retire?

Veng, you either have a Kenya tree infestation or you need a brand architect for startups such as myself. You could potentially sell a rare Kenya tree varient for $25 a frag. Heck I have one. I've had my tree for over a year never dropped a baby. I'd say that is pretty rare.

Nice tank, lovely lights.

Thank you!

Just say Jason Fox came over and peed in your tank water and people would go nuts for it.

:lol: JF should pee in Zephs clam tanks, they might change colors.

"Rather long" is a bit of an understatement, no? :) I've read shorter novels. You have a beautiful tank. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hey you. Thanks for visiting. The tank is always a work in progress, this weekend is a major frag swap here, I am cleaning out a lot of stuff from the tank and there will be a mother load of influx too. I bring frags home Sunday, dip and keep them in the tank for a day or two to get them settled before I glue them down.

Veng, you either have a Kenya tree infestation or you need a brand architect for startups such as myself. You could potentially sell a rare Kenya tree varient for $25 a frag. Heck I have one. I've had my tree for over a year never dropped a baby. I'd say that is pretty rare.

I put a tree in my tank when I first started it about a year ago. After a few months I realized what it was and pulled it out. Then a few months later, I noticed it had regrown from nothing to about 1 1/2" long. So I scraped it off the rock and tossed it. A few months later it was back. The damn thing just won't ####ing die.

Hey kat- forgot to answer you the other day about the pink monti cap etc... Not sure if there's anything else on my wishlist from your tank. I'm limited to browsing via cellphone while I'm down here, so comparing photos is too much right now. Haha.

Your magic sauce birdnest is looking mighty pretty, btw. Definitely graduated from frag status to mini-colony over the last few months. Maybe we can actually ID it at the swap and see what it's real fancy name is.

Hey kat- forgot to answer you the other day about the pink monti cap etc... Not sure if there's anything else on my wishlist from your tank. I'm limited to browsing via cellphone while I'm down here, so comparing photos is too much right now. Haha.

Your magic sauce birdnest is looking mighty pretty, btw. Definitely graduated from frag status to mini-colony over the last few months. Maybe we can actually ID it at the swap and see what it's real fancy name is.

Yay! thanks.

Do you want a pink mille? it's my large one multiple branches.

I also have a branching montipora that looks a little bit like a superman, blue flesh red polyps.

Blue clove polyps?

Blue Ochtode macro?

people grab the up like hotcakes because they're high-priced. Sanjay Joshi calls this collectoritis, and that it is pushing the hobby into a place that no one wants it to go. I don't want a tank with 150 different 1/2" frags of SPS and be like "oooh, this one is an 'OMG berry blitzy acro' and cost $150 an inch, this one is 'clown puke in a can' milli, and was $400" etc. I'd be happy with a friggin ginormous monti cap, a birdsnest the size of my head, and a nice tabling acro. DONE.

I'd have to save up for it, but I'd pay $400 for a frag of Clown Puke In a Can Millie.

Yay! thanks.

Do you want a pink mille? it's my large one multiple branches.

I also have a branching montipora that looks a little bit like a superman, blue flesh red polyps.

Blue clove polyps?

Blue Ochtode macro?

Branching supetmanish monti?! Do want. And pretty much everything else but the blue cloves. Cloves are weird in my tank... they spread over zoas (only my nice ones) and disappear after they're done killing their pretty neighbors.

Are you ready ?

OMG I was born ready. Where has my tank been my whole life. Guess what I am getting on sunday?!

my clementines

rastas

la lakers

emeralds on fire

speckled fire and ice

gold chalice

green stripe mushroom

purple yuma

red super fluffy millie

pink hippo

yellow tort

bubble gum millie

I really need to sell my 4 head frogspawn. like really.

OMG I was born ready. Where has my tank been my whole life. Guess what I am getting on sunday?!

my clementines

rastas

la lakers

emeralds on fire

speckled fire and ice

gold chalice

green stripe mushroom

purple yuma

red super fluffy millie

pink hippo

yellow tort

bubble gum millie

I really need to sell my 4 head frogspawn. like really.

Part of your frag party?

Pic of froggy and price? Hopefully either a octospawn or green and pink?

:) it's a purrrrdy one, sending you link.

Part of your frag party?

I made a rhyme.

I'm making a list

And checking it twice

I've been oh so naughty

But I'm always nice.

FRAG SWAP!

Partay time! :naughtydance:

You better hold on to your panties for this one Batgirl .Im about to declare myself the MAC DADDY of all clamage . Are you sure youre ready?

EDIT: be right back after this MUFFIN RUN!

Edited by ZephNYC