Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

jedimasterben
ooooh, anybody want?

derasa_lg.jpg

omg yes. it's $30. but does that site do business anymore? I tried to see how much shipping was and got 'sorry, the store is closed right now'. :(

Edited by jedimasterben

With Benny's help I ordered replacement cartridges for my spectra pure unit. I couldn't find the right parts from their Oh-so-easy to order from website, so I sent them a picture of my unit with upper case HELP in an email. Then Benny popped up on my gtalk and I was able to order. :wub:

So then spectrapure emails me back the next day with links to parts (which are awful to understand since they are written by someone technical) and a link to the manual for my unit. Then he tells me my auto shut off seems to be installed incorrectly. It's a BRS auto kit and works great and I installed it with their help but spectra sent me a diagram so when I replace the cartridges, I'm going to give that a look. Especially now that I know how to remove the tubing from those valve type connectors.

I swear that clam has teeth... :scarry:

I was thinking the same thing!

Where the hell do I get one of those. This has become a necessity just now.

I Am in agreement. Are we all turning into Zeph?

omg yes. it's $30

Yup, and it is small so perfect for MY tank, Benny. :angry:

:lol:

That's a really neat color! Love the distinct line of spots on the mantle too!

oh I get it now. Zeph bought that clam to appease the nappers.......

Edited by metrokat
I Am in agreement. Are we all turning into Zeph?

! am your future. You cant beat me so you as may as well give in and join me. Clams are an icon for life. The mother symbol. The founder of all existence as we know it. Give into the clam, as you know it is calling you. There is no need to fight it. You cant win.

I confess, I picked up this one last night too...

newclam2.jpg

Ummm...OK OK OK!!!!! THis one too. NINE INCHES!

newclam1.jpg

Edited by ZephNYC
You know what would be cool. If you took a video of you petting Big Bertha. :blink:

Waikiki aquariums did it, you can too. It's okay, this is a fish forum, we understand.

WHats the big deal ? I pet a clam most evey night.

HARDYYYYYY HARRRRRRRRRR HARRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I confess, I picked up this one last night

Ummm...OK OK OK!!!!! THis one too. NINE INCHES!

are you serious! And Noir is still to go home from my tank.

You realize you bought FOUR clams this WEEK?

Lol. It's a good thing I'm not over there, I would beat you black and blue. :flower:

I can't even call you to yell. Clams before phone. I get it.

Lol. It's a good thing I'm not over there, I would beat you black and blue. :flower:

I never kid when it comes to CLAMS.

I can't even call you to yell. Clams before phone. I get it.

Im getting my Iphone right after the gym this afternoon. I should be back in action this evening. Noir....yes...the first thing to do with that clam is CHANGE HER NAME! LOL

Edited by ZephNYC
Zeph, I have to get a maxea clam. Where do I find them?

NOT sure...but I do have a blue squamocea. I think.

Zeph, what the #### do you do for a living that you have so much green toilet paper around?!

I am a Landlord and a personal trainer...and I sell Discus. I used to have a retail business called Aquatech-NY, but that went under along with my divorce.

jedimasterben
NOT sure...but I do have a blue squamocea. I think.

didn't know the bred squamosa and crocea. I've heard of squamosa and maxima or squamosa and derasa.

Just bought:

My Clementines

Rastas

LA Lakers

Speckled Fire & Ice

Emeralds of Fire

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Zeph, what the #### do you do for a living that you have so much green toilet paper around?!

He's a ladies man, just look at the # of clams he has. :P

Nappers? :huh:

Yeah, I bought Zeph a clam which has been clam-napped by nappers. Ransome demands started which includes a frag of pink elephants which Zeph can't afford right now. He's preparing for a drone attack and also wants to throw my tank out the window if his clam is not recovered. As if I had anything to do with the napping! :o

Zeph, if you really are looking for another gigias what's the min size you'd be looking for?

Any size!!! Anyone that can find me a Gigas clam of any size will be well rewarded, I promise!!!!

didn't know the bred squamosa and crocea. I've heard of squamosa and maxima or squamosa and derasa.

Actually Im not really sure, but there is talk that these electric blue squamosa clams are hybrids crossed with croceas, but thats not a fact. I have dicussed this with Dr. Mac. I have pro clam friends that swear there is no such thing as a hybrid clam, Daniel Knop is one of them.

dsc0596ak.jpg

Edited by ZephNYC

It's hard to a word in edgewise on this thread.......geeez.

1. cool on the eco battery back up

2. I have never seen a rasta in person......gotta get me some...

3. what ever happened to locating that OMG blue/pink clam Zeph posted a pic of???? That's the one that has to be napped and cloned.

4. that is all.............for now......

He's a ladies man, just look at the # of clams he has. :P

LOL. Oh no..I deserve this. Hey, I admit I have Obsessive Compulsive Reef Disorder ( OCRD)

Obsessive compulsive reef disorder

But Im a one woman man!

It's hard to a word in edgewise on this thread.......geeez.

1. cool on the eco battery back up

2. I have never seen a rasta in person......gotta get me some...

3. what ever happened to locating that OMG blue/pink clam Zeph posted a pic of???? That's the one that has to be napped and cloned.

4. that is all.............for now......

Yea...what ever happened to my clam ???

Edited by ZephNYC
XxViEtXjUStiNxX
LOL. Oh no..I deserve this. Hey, I admit I have Obsessive Compulsive Reef Disorder ( OCRD)

Obsessive compulsive reef disorder

Haha I think we all have this disorder. I want to put a clam in my tank but I'm reluctant as my tank has been getting crazy growth and colors as of the past month or so. Also, I have too many clams to keep happy in real life already. Such a burden, but worth the time, money, and effort because of their sweet nectar

jedimasterben
Actually Im not really sure, but there is talk that these electric blue squamosa clams are hybrids crossed with croceas, but thats not a fact. I have dicussed this with Dr. Mac. I have pro clam friends that swear there is no such thing as a hybrid clam, Daniel Knop is one of them.

dsc0596ak.jpg

The thought of there not being hybrids seems absurd to me. :lol:

Yeah, I bought Zeph a clam which has been clam-napped by nappers. Ransome demands started which includes a frag of pink elephants which Zeph can't afford right now. He's preparing for a drone attack and also wants to throw my tank out the window if his clam is not recovered. As if I had anything to do with the napping! :o

Oh ok I gotcha now :lol:

But...No one likes white Maximas? :( guess I won't buy haha

jedimaster1138
The entry fee is a Jason Fox frag. After that it's a party. :lol:

LOL OK :)

J/K. Have you missed all of my Kats Club 25% off sales at Manhattan Aquariums? :o

I think so. I know I had some sort of conflict with the last one, which made me a sad fish.

I do one every 6 months or so, post here and on MR. MR has been restrictive after the last one so I have to get "approval" before posting it. Also Kathy decided to rename the sales "Metrokats Club" claiming peoople know HER as Kat and would cause confusion. Meanwhile I had discounts from online vendors such as PYA and InTank also with "Katsclub". I am NOT a fan of Ms. Kathy by even a long shot.

I remember hearing about some drama. Wasn't there an issue with MA too? Someone not getting their discount and someone at MA being irritated. Or something. I dunno. Anyway yeah KathyC is a little... prickly? I dunno what other word to use while still being nice so I'll shut up. lol I just remember the raffle portion of the last swap and how it took 3 hours and she spent at least half that yelling at people to quiet down. I felt like I was in high school again, but with less Catholic boys and fist fights in the cafeteria.

Anyway, I may not be posting details about it on MR, that is up to the store to promote. But I will be posting about it here, in a new thread and on my thread. All you have to do is say "katsclub" at the register to get 25% off.

Sounds good tome. Count me in, assuming nothing stupid happens. Heh

I really need to get a bigger tank. I have the quote all ready to go. I need to push the button as I'm uh, out of room and want moooooooar.

Seriously, reefs are worse than crack.

Oh I know what I want to ask you Kat...how's your Forest Fire Digi? I ask because mine lost of but a few of his polyps and turned white. SIGH