Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

You should sump your aio's sump.

xzibit.jpg

:lol:

I'm having a nightmare wiring problem. I have wires all over the floor next to the tank and it's really a sore sight. I'm debating getting a small fridge, one of those 1.7CU ones to store fish food and hide the wires behind it.

:lol:

I'm having a nightmare wiring problem. I have wires all over the floor next to the tank and it's really a sore sight. I'm debating getting a small fridge, one of those 1.7CU ones to store fish food and hide the wires behind it.

Used to have one of those in my room for the fish food. Draws a buttload of energy for such a small thing. Unplug everything one by one, untangle it, code the wires and seperate them (pumps with pumps, lighting wires, heaters, etc. ) and neatly fold and zip tie them.

Used to have one of those in my room for the fish food. Draws a buttload of energy for such a small thing. Unplug everything one by one, untangle it, code the wires and seperate them (pumps with pumps, lighting wires, heaters, etc. ) and neatly fold and zip tie them.

I recently organized all the wiring in my stand, I also made drip loops and and got all my other wiring and stuff off the floor. It made everything look clean and really nice. Plus with drip loops hanging over the sump I don't have to worry about burning out a PC4 or popping the GFCI, an added bonus is no salt creep.

I'll have to do that then, I can't add anything that would need more power I have a 4 GFCI outlet running

RSM T5s

RSM moonlights

2 Panorama PROS's

1 Stunner strip

2 RSM pumps

Mag 5

CPR nano reactor

2 Vortecs

Skimmer

1 Mini T5 fuge light

1LED fuge light

1 Fuge fan

1 extra fan

ATO pump

Wifi port for Apex

Apex

:o

I'll have to do that then, I can't add anything that would need more power I have a 4 GFCI outlet running

RSM T5s

RSM moonlights

2 Panorama PROS's

1 Stunner strip

2 RSM pumps

Mag 5

CPR nano reactor

2 Vortecs

Skimmer

1 Mini T5 fuge light

1LED fuge light

1 Fuge fan

1 extra fan

ATO pump

Wifi port for Apex

Apex

:o

Lol, that's a crazy list. I've just got my lights, heater, filter and 2 powerheads. For now atleast. If you got. Brand new fridge it wouldn't draw too much energy, but it was enough for me to decide it wasn't worth it.

jedimasterben
Used to have one of those in my room for the fish food. Draws a buttload of energy for such a small thing.

How old was it? I've got one in my mancave, got it around two years ago, I think it pulls like 150w when the compressor is on. When the compressor is off, it goes almost flat.

Hey Kat, is it possible for you to post a picture of the container or whatever that the fish roe came in so that I can see what it looks like as I have a Japanese AND a Chinese supermarket right up the street from my house.

Was this something that was in the "deli" section in the glass cases on ice or what?

Also different question but I am sure someone here knows the answer, What is the replacement pump/upgraded pump that most people do for there RSM's return pump?

I know its a "600" something or other but its NOT a rio 600, does a eheim 600 sound correct?

I ask cause 1 of my pumps took a #### and I would like to replace it obviously

Edited by tinctorus
Hey Kat, is it possible for you to post a picture of the container or whatever that the fish roe came in so that I can see what it looks like as I have a Japanese AND a Chinese supermarket right up the street from my house.

Was this something that was in the "deli" section in the glass cases on ice or what?

Also different question but I am sure someone here knows the answer, What is the replacement pump/upgraded pump that most people do for there RSM's return pump?

I know its a "600" something or other but its NOT a rio 600, does a eheim 600 sound correct?

I ask cause 1 of my pumps took a #### and I would like to replace it obviously

IMG_20120829_113958.jpg

I upgraded to Ehiems 600's. You will need to remove the threaded part from RSM pumps and install them on tubing that connects to the pumps.

Be sure not to get the green roe, that is mixed with wasabi

Ideal would be if you get unseasoned, which means the eggs would be clear or yellow

IMG_20120829_113958.jpg

I upgraded to Ehiems 600's. You will need to remove the threaded part from RSM pumps and install them on tubing that connects to the pumps.

LOL ok ill make sure NOT to get the fish roe/wasabi mixture for my fishies, but I may get it for me HAHA

Hey do you think that I can fit 2 of the Eheim compact 1000's in the return area?

I know someone posted on another board that they have a 600 AND a 1000 as return pumps but I was curious if you thought that 2 of the 1000's would fit?

Otherwise I may just go with a 600 and a 1000, atleast temporarily until I can finish my sump build

IMG_20120829_113958.jpg

Ideal would be if you get unseasoned, which means the eggs would be clear or yellow

seasoned?

On the sump; this new sump will be "the sump that I wished I had done when I did the last sump" sump?

There are thousands of shrimp on the side of my dock filled with eggs, I wonder if I can squeeze them like a ketchup packet into my tank :D

Jedi, it is neither old or new. About 5 years old, but only used for one year. We need pics of your mancave.

seasoned?

On the sump; this new sump will be "the sump that I wished I had done when I did the last sump" sump?

yeah, seasoned. So I wash it before putting in. I'm pretty sure it's not taking out all of the seasoning.

It's more like "the sump I wish I knew I needed when I agreed to the design on the last sump" sump.

Edited by metrokat
I'm breaking in a new pair of gym shoes! Yay. finally got a pair that might work.

I experimented with food today. Let me tell you, the fish nearly JUMPED OUT of the tank to eat this concoction:

New spectrum 1mm pellets

Julian Sprung Phytoplan

Reef Cleaners Filter feeder Formula

1 capsule 1000mg Fish oil

I let the dry foods soak in the oil. added a couple of drops of water to make a gooey paste. Then I dunked the spatula I used to mix it up in the tank and THEY WENT BANANAS!

What exactly is the purpose of using fish oil in your fishes food?

LOL ok ill make sure NOT to get the fish roe/wasabi mixture for my fishies, but I may get it for me HAHA

Hey do you think that I can fit 2 of the Eheim compact 1000's in the return area?

I know someone posted on another board that they have a 600 AND a 1000 as return pumps but I was curious if you thought that 2 of the 1000's would fit?

Otherwise I may just go with a 600 and a 1000, atleast temporarily until I can finish my sump build

I'm not sure if the 1000's will fit, would have to try it I guess. Here is a crummy picture of my ehiems. I was concentrating on getting a picture of the sponges but you can see the pumps are not a straight fix.

IMG_20120801_175148.jpg

What exactly is the purpose of using fish oil in your fishes food?

I read this article

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/cu...0-year-old-reef

This guys tank has been around for 40 years

I'm not sure if the 1000's will fit, would have to try it I guess. Here is a crummy picture of my ehiems. I was concentrating on getting a picture of the sponges but you can see the pumps are not a straight fix.

IMG_20120801_175148.jpg

I read this article

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/cu...0-year-old-reef

This guys tank has been around for 40 years

You finally have naked chambers! B):P:lol::D;):o:mellow::happy:

seasoned?

Is there actually something like the perfect sump? I have seen so many designs and so many mods on existing ones that I am starting to wonder.

I guess someone ought to design a DIY one or just the plans and then have it made.

I guess it's like what's the ideal skimmer. Ask 10 hobs and you may get 11 answers :)

I just realized today that I should never have put such a gorgeous fish like Hundley in a sump. Even if I have a pretty sump, it is still inside a cabinet, at floor level and I am not watching and admiring it like I do my display.

So unfortunately I'm going to try to return Hundley to the store or try to sell him. I would gladly put him in the display if I didn;t have a Midas Blenny already in there. :(