Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Someday, I'll have a purdy sump like yours. :tears:

I have a sump saving piggy bank, but I keep robbing it for corals. :)

I had a big jar that all my change and singles would go into after I bought somthing, whether it was gas or food or whatever. It was supposed to be the only money I spent on coral or fish... Guess how long that lasted?

I have a prizm favia I've had for 6 months, it never grew and is almost dead, so now it's 103.

Any idea what happened to it? Predation or damage and infection ...

Was it a Dragon Soul ?

I had a big jar that all my change and singles would go into after I bought somthing, whether it was gas or food or whatever. It was supposed to be the only money I spent on coral or fish... Guess how long that lasted?

Did it last more than a week ? :) Great idea but IME that is what happens to most of us who try to create a little "fund" .. it never seems to last for more than a week or two ... : - (

Edited by albertthiel
Any idea what happened to it? Predation or damage and infection ...

Was it a Dragon Soul ?

Did it last more than a week ? :) Great idea but IME that is what happens to most of us who try to create a little "fund" .. it never seems to last for more than a week or two ... : - (

The favia arrived damaged and just never grew and very slowly just got smaller. (it did not come from Morgan, btw)

More like three days. :D I bought atleast 1 frag a week when I got my water refilled at the lfs while my little jar sat with the 18 bucks in it for months. Haha

(it did not come from Morgan, btw)

I can't wait to get some maxi minis from her. I emailed her months ago and still haven't made the room or the money to get the ones I want.

The favia arrived damaged and just never grew and very slowly just got smaller. (it did not come from Morgan, btw)

Sorry to read that ... yes when damaged getting them back to health can be a real issue indeed.

Hope your next one is in top condition, that is if you get one

jedimasterben
I can't wait to get some maxi minis from her. I emailed her months ago and still haven't made the room or the money to get the ones I want.

I just wait til a frag swap, she sells all the mini-maxis she brings for $20. :D

I was running some errands and stopped in to a Japanese supermarket. I picked up a small package of fresh Fish Roe. I took a little bit and washed it out in water and dumped it in the tank. The fishies went crazy for it! The best part was that it is fresh, not frozen, not preserved and there was no residue in the tank, no cloudy water nothing. Some of the fish look ready to burst so I'll have to feed less than 1/2 of what I threw in today.

I was running some errands and stopped in to a Japanese supermarket. I picked up a small package of fresh Fish Roe. I took a little bit and washed it out in water and dumped it in the tank. The fishies went crazy for it! The best part was that it is fresh, not frozen, not preserved and there was no residue in the tank, no cloudy water nothing. Some of the fish look ready to burst so I'll have to feed less than 1/2 of what I threw in today.

Ok, Ive made up my mind. I'm napping your mandarin.

Nice ....

Thats awesome! I'm gonna have to try that. My mandarin likes NutraMar Ova, she'll probably go NUTS for some freshie!!

Hundley the Tail Spot Blenny had jumped into the skimmer compartment. This is how I lost the YCG so I'm glad I spotted him before the skimmer decided to make lunch out of him. Tail spot, spotted, ha.

I glued a piece of eggcrate to make a sort of a grate to prevent more fish jumping. I really can't wait to custom make the next sump, this one is annoying me a lot.

Edited by metrokat
Hundley the Tail Spot Blenny had jumped into the skimmer compartment. This is how I lost the YCG so I'm glad I spotted him before the skimmer decided to make lunch out of him. Tail spot, spotted, ha.

I glued a piece of eggcrate to make a sort of a grate to prevent more fish jumping. I really can't wait to custom make the next sump, this one is annoying me a lot.

I thought you had this sump custom made?

I thought you had this sump custom made?

Yes. And the next one will be too.

Those are really awesome vids Kat. Thanks for sharing. Your tank is really looking great.

Thank you so much

Thats awesome! I'm gonna have to try that. My mandarin likes NutraMar Ova, she'll probably go NUTS for some freshie!!

The particle size is quite large compared to Ova but you saw the video. Also, I'm trying another product called Dr G's Caviar Max. But at $20 a bottle, it is fish roe suspended in liquid, where as I paid under $3 for the same amount of fish roe, and FRESH at that! from the supermarket.

Edited by metrokat