Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

The tank is lookin' good scape wise as well as the coral look healthy. I am sorry that you lost some coral as a result of the invasive paly but I am liking the way the tank looks.

Thanks Dawn.

I finally added a black back to the tank. It shows my really bad scraping job but it does look better. Colors are very good except for the acros. I'm going to concentrate on LPS health in here so if the acros don't color up then so be it.

Knt82HF.jpg

At least 4 of the 5 peppermint are alive but Brutus looks suspicious and has been more active of late. Belly looks nice and full as well. Hmmm.

uhQXrdP.jpg

Moved two montis into here that seem to like higher nutrients.

Mystic Sunset (what's left of it)

PNKnOdE.jpg

and one of my green cap frags which has not colored up in the 150.

BR4QzO6.jpg

Purplish Bird

SWVcaeq.jpg

Purple Poci

gkO9MAJ.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks Dawn.

I finally added a black back to the tank. It shows my really bad scraping job but it does look better. Colors are very good except for the acros. I'm going to concentrate on LPS health in here so if the acros don't color up then so be it.

Knt82HF.jpg

At least 4 of the 5 peppermint are alive but Brutus looks suspicious and has been more active of late. Belly looks nice and full as well. Hmmm.

uhQXrdP.jpg

Moved two montis into here that seem to like higher nutrients.

Mystic Sunset (what's left of it)

PNKnOdE.jpg

and one of my green cap frags which has not colored up in the 150.

BR4QzO6.jpg

Purplish Bird

SWVcaeq.jpg

Purple Poci

gkO9MAJ.jpg

These look very nice and I really like the new black background. Congratulations on the polyviction! :D

"I'm going to concentrate on LPS health in here so if the acros don't color up then so be it."

As a result of this statement, I predict your SPS will do fantastic and you'll have no idea why :lol:

• Like 5

These look very nice and I really like the new black background. Congratulations on the polyviction! :D

"I'm going to concentrate on LPS health in here so if the acros don't color up then so be it."

As a result of this statement, I predict your SPS will do fantastic and you'll have no idea why :lol:

LOL, exactly! :D

• Like 3

I see what you did there

I scraped the back glass and took pictures of a few LPS. :P I even turned off the pumps. Good grief that anemone has grown.

Zq1qqkq.jpg

EPtfdsL.jpg

WSK18CZ.jpg

51VVva4.jpg

• Like 12

I scraped the back glass and took pictures of a few LPS. :P I even turned off the pumps. Good grief that anemone has grown.

Zq1qqkq.jpg

EPtfdsL.jpg

WSK18CZ.jpg

51VVva4.jpg

Beautiful tank and corals. So bright!

• Like 2

EPtfdsL.jpg

I see you have the pink and green trumpets there on the sand. Do yours behave? Mine were feisty! Always sending out sweepers.

Oh and I would love a frag of those acans right above them :wub:.

• Like 1

uhQXrdP.jpg

This is a great shot!

• Like 3
jedimasterben

Oh yeah? I can't tell a difference :blush:. Is it the growth pattern? Not individual heads but more like a favia's growth?

No no - Acanthastrea lordhowensis is now classified as Micromussa lordhowensis, just the name changed on them. Good ol' science is taking away all the names we know corals as :lol:

• Like 3

Zq1qqkq.jpg

EPtfdsL.jpg

WSK18CZ.jpg

51VVva4.jpg

Such lovely color! And I love it with the black backround and it scraped. The coral stand out more. It looks great!
  • Like 1

Looks happy and fluffy in there. :wub:

Those green rhodactis are really eye catching, I've never seen such bright ones except in your tank.

My duncans are just as big of a colony growing heads rapidly, not sure how to frag or what to do with them.

Does sympodium grow for you?

• Like 1

Beautiful tank and corals. So bright!

Thanks m2m

Wow, those suckers are looking GOOD!

Yep. Keep the test kits away from a tank and everything looks good. :D

I see you have the pink and green trumpets there on the sand. Do yours behave? Mine were feisty! Always sending out sweepers.

Oh and I would love a frag of those acans right above them :wub:.

You know I've never checked, I will have to look at night to see what they are up too. I got those for free, a mostly dead stalk and like all trumpets they came back with gusto.

This is a great shot!

Thanks. He doesn't move much so pics are easy. :)

No no - Acanthastrea lordhowensis is now classified as Micromussa lordhowensis, just the name changed on them. Good ol' science is taking away all the names we know corals as :lol:

Interesting, I didn't know they changed.

Such lovely color! And I love it with the black backround and it scraped. The coral stand out more. It looks great!

Thanks Dawn, maybe I will keep it scraped. Maybe.

Looks happy and fluffy in there. :wub:

Those green rhodactis are really eye catching, I've never seen such bright ones except in your tank.

My duncans are just as big of a colony growing heads rapidly, not sure how to frag or what to do with them.

Does sympodium grow for you?

I've lost a lot of sympodium over the years but this frag, on a huge goofy frag plug, seem to be doing fine. I kept them off to the side and they extended big time but stayed very dark colored, now that I moved them to more light they will probably melt away. We'll see.

Colours are great Mark and everything looks happy. :)

Thanks Shaun.

• Like 3

You know I've never checked, I will have to look at night to see what they are up too. I got those for free, a mostly dead stalk and like all trumpets they came back with gusto.

Mine did it in the middle of the day. I think if they feel confined they'll send out the sweepers. Your tank is bigger so they are probably being good :).
  • Like 1

2 Aptasia that were growing in the sandbed and one that was growing among some shrooms are missing, so far so good. They will tackle the small ones first then work up, but after a certain point I've found they need help via me harming or partially killing the larger ones. I'll wait and see ...

• Like 4

Glad to see that zoa rock gone.

Me too!

So I've really lucked out with these peppermint shrimp, 3 more aptasia missing including one of the medium size ones on a rock and one that had settled in the middle of the neon green trumpets.

• Like 2

Me too!

So I've really lucked out with these peppermint shrimp, 3 more aptasia missing including one of the medium size ones on a rock and one that had settled in the middle of the neon green trumpets.

That is wonderful that they are going to town on the aiptasia! When they eat them all just watch out if you have zoas in that tank because those could be next. Although my seahorse tank has zoas with ravening peppermint shrimp and so far so good.
  • Like 1

That is wonderful that they are going to town on the aiptasia! When they eat them all just watch out if you have zoas in that tank because those could be next. Although my seahorse tank has zoas with ravening peppermint shrimp and so far so good.

Thanks Dawn. I'm getting a little paranoid that once the aptasia are gone I might have issues, fingers crossed!

Tank News:

A couple more aptasia gone, colors improving, KH has slowly dropped to 7.3 so I added another tsp of Kalk to the topoff. My evaporation is about 1.5 gallons per week, quite slow.

Latest FTS, looking pretty good. One day I'll learn to ignore my big tank so it can look good as well.

PK6XW01.jpg

• Like 8