Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

KH 9.8 so the super saturated Kalk + vinegar is able to hold the KH pretty well.

I'm going to have to deal with the aptasia again, they are getting thick. I moved a couple over to the big tank when I moved the rocks and they're gone, apparently eaten by the peppermint shrimp who don't touch the larger ones I have in there???? So peppermint shrimp it is! Note ever increasing color saturation, and cyano, from the nitrate dosing. :owned:

b1OkoH.jpg

• Like 7

KH 9.8 so the super saturated Kalk + vinegar is able to hold the KH pretty well.

I'm going to have to deal with the aptasia again, they are getting thick. I moved a couple over to the big tank when I moved the rocks and they're gone, apparently eaten by the peppermint shrimp who don't touch the larger ones I have in there???? So peppermint shrimp it is! Note ever increasing color saturation, and cyano, from the nitrate dosing. :owned:

b1OkoH.jpg

Ever increasing color has been noted, (and admired) the cyano(not so much).

b1OkoH.jpg

Looks Great!

By the way, I think you were totally right about reducing the amount of maximum intensity. I cut it to 6 hours (from 9) and I think I see results, but it might just be placebo.

• Like 1

lately you have been talking about "dong" a lot???? something you need to tell us

Well I had a dong in June, then I didn't. But everybody else got a dong or wanted one. Mark had a dong in the big tank, guess he's trying it in the little tank. It's not my fault I'm a trendsetter.

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest FTS

iKlTov.jpg

Color is literally out of this world fantastic. Nitrates still barely register but since I dosed the color has peaked, and the caulerpa growth has exploded. :furious:

I've done two things to try and control algae. I added a tuxedo urchin, who has eaten some of it, and I tried to add a baby magnificant foxface, which would quickly outgrow this tank, but it died the next day. Fortunately none of the other fish are showing any signs of disease, but that was a close call.

Aptasia is at plague proportions again so I need a plan to fix that as well.

I have the go ahead to set my 40 back up and move everything into it. The little pygmy wrasse never eats food so I can't very well start clean unless I come up with a way to move him into the giant tank.

I think the best route may be to ...

Catch sixline in the 150 and remove him so I can move the pygmy to the giant tank.

Set up the 40 with clean rock. I already have Nitrate and a bottle of Seachem Phosphorus will arrive Monday (just saying).

Carefully clean and move critical corals to the 40.

Catch the clown goby and send him back to the store. It was a good ride, and I never want to see a coral humper again.

Deal with the anemone (he will be moving as well)

Maybe this year, maybe next year, maybe never.

• Like 4

Latest FTS

Color is literally out of this world fantastic.

I have the go ahead to set my 40 back up and move everything into it.

Maybe this year, maybe next year, maybe never.

Sounds like typical reefkeeping.

Tank still looks good. :)

• Like 1

Sounds like typical reefkeeping.

Tank still looks good. :)

Thanks, yea, if I decide it will probably be a snap decision, as usual. :)

This tank is looking great! What skimmer are you running on this tank?

One more thing about the skimmer (I was on the phone before). I have an eshoppes HOB skimmer that is much better but dumps bubbles into the tank, the remora only did that for a few hours when first setup and not once since. It uses spray injection to create the foam rather than a "bubble" pump.

I spent two hours pulling caulerpa and re-arranging a few things to create a firewall of sorts between the left and right sides. You can hardly tell I did anything. :angry:

I did take some top downs and the color is simply marvelous.

lVUIpj.jpg

RgBOwX.jpg

Ti4vVN.jpg

TcqZ4o.jpg

FTS

KHSHCX.jpg

Even the tiny frag of UC Rainbow Milli is showing some new color.

GyVx7M.jpg

0q2c9t.jpg

YFU1eI.jpg

• Like 12

Maybe i need to dose some nitrates because i need the color asap. What are you using to raise your?

CaNO3 pellets bought off amazon. I tossed a few in my HOB sump thing. You can also use Spectracide stump remover (KNO3).

It simulates having more fish, but more fish is more stable so adding fish should always be a first choice IMO. You could also just try feeding heavier and see how that works.

CaNO3 pellets bought off amazon. I tossed a few in my HOB sump thing. You can also use Spectracide stump remover (KNO3).

It simulates having more fish, but more fish is more stable so adding fish should always be a first choice IMO. You could also just try feeding heavier and see how that works.

OK cool ill over feed then till i start getting algae. I should be getting father in laws yellow tang in the next week.

• Like 1

The 29 empty by the end of the weekend, I've already started getting the 40B ready. I'm going to simply rename the thread again rather than starting new.

uVRZBs.jpg

Lights will be the 160W Razor, haven't decided if I'm going to stick with the 90 lenses or the 120.

BML Custom strip similar to their 20K but with all warm white and 420nm violet replacing the cool white and 405nm led's. This is my favorite strip and I have it in both 36 and 72 inch versions.

I will be moving my HOB refugium that I'm using as a mini sump as well as the AquaC Remora skimmer.

MP10 and RW-5 for flow but I will probably need to purchase a RW-8.

All but a few rocks will come over as well as some sand to help transfer the sand life.

All fish except the Clown Goby, who will be making a trip back to the LFS.

I'm still deciding between a baby tang and a foxface. Foxface will eat caulerpa more reliably, but the Foxface grows quicker and can go rogue.

Gold Torch and Purple Duncans will be coming over from the big tank as well as select frags of my SPS.

I am undecided on the anemone, but growing tired of it.

I'm probably already out of room, going to need to upgrade. :D

I also have a bunch of sticks in the sump.

YdVBVI.jpg

• Like 6

Most of the transfer is done. 3/4 new water, 1/4 water from the 29 to help heat it up faster. 1/2 cap seachem phosphate, then all the corals, then all the fish except the clown goby. Heading to the LFS to drop him off.

I did transfer the anemone and have the MP10 on wave mode just in case he decides to move. Still undecided if I want to keep it.

Glass lids on, plexiglass and a container covering all the back holes so I don't lose the little wrasse. :)

• Like 2