ReefCleaners.org

This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, 748S911 said:

It's here :bowdown:

@This guy is extra salty

Amazing work!! Thanks for the extras!!

20190619_135609.jpg

Well the extras is a shelf for equipment or food (just a regular shelf). And a TSA compliant coral carrier

the lid looks awesome I’m glad it doesn’t take away from the whole tank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Well the extras is a shelf for equipment or food (just a regular shelf). And a TSA compliant coral carrier

the lid looks awesome I’m glad it doesn’t take away from the whole tank

What does tsa compliant coral carrier look like?  can you actually carry coral on a plane? Emotional support coral loophole?

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, ef4life said:

What does tsa compliant coral carrier look like?  can you actually carry coral on a plane? Emotional support coral loophole?

Yes if needed to go that far. Lol

🤣

63EB6ED5-274F-4EB0-A8BF-E3E10F760C09.thumb.jpeg.3aac9adb56d7e9dbad7761c81db32cb2.jpeg

It’s 32. Oz is the maximum allowable liquid that can be carried onto the plane only if it’s needed to keep an animal alive

(aka your emotional support coral)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Like this tank really needs another light.  Moved over my contest Pico mounted AI Prime HD at angle so lights up my right side of tank. 

20190620_151749.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow! Awesome start! Exceptional job with the silicone removal - I did the front panel of my 2.5 and was like that's enough stress for today! I can't wait to see things grow in here  :]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Wow! Awesome start! Exceptional job with the silicone removal - I did the front panel of my 2.5 and was like that's enough stress for today! I can't wait to see things grow in here  :]

I agree. You'd never guess that this tank wasn't rimless to begin with. Looks super clean.

Every time I look at a pic I always think "he's got a bit of space for things to grow in, that's for sure." 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Whatta pain that was to remove all the trim and silicone. My fingers still are sore. 

1 hour ago, billygoat said:

I agree. You'd never guess that this tank wasn't rimless to begin with. Looks super clean.

Every time I look at a pic I always think "he's got a bit of space for things to grow in, that's for sure." 😄

Thanks @billygoat 

Gonna try and keep this with as little rock work as possible and a ton of sps. 

• Like 1

Happy Birthday!!!

4 hours ago, 748S911 said:

So I tried to add a link to both tanks and this keeps coming up, how do I fix it? I just want a black underlined link.

When you add the link, N-R automatically converts it to this format.  However, at the bottom of the window, there will be an option to make it a regular text link.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Whatta pain that was to remove all the trim and silicone. My fingers still are sore. 

Excellent job.  I tried that once; it didn't look as good as yours.  Plus, I ended up weakening the seams, and it started to leak. :mellow:

• Wow 1
7 hours ago, ef4life said:

So is the white insert siliconed in or is it just a tight fit in the glass? 

Drop in and have a little room on each side. Really pleased with it, I have all my chaeto, marine pure, and miracle mud in there now.  I still have to get a nozzle for return and haven't decided on return pump yet. 

6 hours ago, seabass said:

Happy Birthday!!!

When you add the link, N-R automatically converts it to this format.  However, at the bottom of the window, there will be an option to make it a regular text link.

Thanks Seabass for the info and the bday wishes! 

6 hours ago, seabass said:

Excellent job.  I tried that once; it didn't look as good as yours.  Plus, I ended up weakening the seams, and it started to leak. :mellow:

Yeah the glass is thicker on the 40 so hoping that bead is strong. If not I have black aquarium sealant on hand, but im terrible at sealing aquariums even with the blue tape it always looks janky lol. 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Happy Birthday. Nice looking set up. You did a fantastic job removing the trim and silicone.

Thanks soo much for bday wishes! It came out looking much better than expected. The whole tank really, so clean and budget friendly a true win win! 

• Like 1