inTank Media Baskets

43 minutes ago, TheKingInYellow said:

Great tank, very clean!

Thanks, still gotta put down the white board on bottom and get return pump. 

This guy is extra salty
3 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Drop in and have a little room on each side.

How big is the gap?

I’m guessing...  .125 (on each side) or is it more? (Let me know so I can change the programming)

• Wow 1

I’m not sure, I would have to measure it. But that sounds right.  At Home Depot now.... had to cut stuff at Lowe’s across street cause saw was down. All done!

A08FCCD1-D415-4A93-A4DB-CEDC366CFAB6.jpeg

45287A22-EF76-4C52-AC78-419E86127263.jpeg

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I’m not sure, I would have to measure it. But that sounds right.  At Home Depot now.... had to cut stuff at Lowe’s across street cause saw was down. All done!

A08FCCD1-D415-4A93-A4DB-CEDC366CFAB6.jpeg

45287A22-EF76-4C52-AC78-419E86127263.jpeg

What’s all that for?

Looks great! I would never sleep with a de-rimmed cheap 40 breeder, the glass is so thin and it bowed so badly when I had one... spookers! :scarry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anything under 36” and lower than 20” is fine with out rim no worries. Custom aquarium builders go by a certain rule of thumb when building rimless aquariums with different thickness of glass, and I’m well under the guideline. Only thing I don’t have is low iron glass 😞 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Only thing I don’t have is low iron glass 😞

I get the appeal, but it scratches a lot easier.

• Like 2

Wow. First off, happy Bday. Secondly, looking fantastic. Seriously, I don't think I'd have the balls to de-rim anything larger than maybe a 5.5 gallon...lol. Nicely done, and the PVC Stand and Canopy are looking great, super clean!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Anything under 36” and lower than 20” is fine with out rim no worries. Custom aquarium builders go by a certain rule of thumb when building rimless aquariums with different thickness of glass, and I’m well under the guideline. Only thing I don’t have is low iron glass 😞  

Ya.... nope!... my 40B had a rim and it busted one day across the front. NOPE. Luckily the rim held the tank together and water just leaked slowly down from the crack instead of exploding all over the floor.

Then my dog broke my 5.5g with no effort with a SOFT rubber toy. 

Janky tanks are janky! I do love the price of them though!!!!! 

I did de-rim a 5g once, the edges were horrible and silicone a joke but it still didn't look bad once I sanded it a bit and cleaned up the silicon. It was absolutely not comparable to ADA/UNS or now the mitered edges they have but the price isn't even close to comparable either! 

I will say I kind of hate the rim on my 2.5g, I feel like it blocks my view too much on such a short tank. If the tank were tall I wouldn't even be bothered by it. I may have to upgrade to rimless when the contest ends. 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can vouch for the other side of the spectrum. Janky tanks may have the chance to be faulty, but probably not most of the time. A few months ago, I had a major collapse in my 40B paludarium (cat to blame). The scape was made of stacked lava rocks, and ironically the second largest one hit and wedged itself against the front panel, right in the middle. Granted, the water level is kept low and the rim is there, but those rocks are not soft or anything. The front panel seemed fine, so I left it there holding up a few other rocks until I could get around to rescaping. I have been working on it the past few days:

IMG_2726.thumb.jpg.d1206f3056a2751245f4dcfee5c9e7ec.jpg

This is the rock that hit and rested on the front panel - I did not re-incorporate it into the new scape:

IMG_2725.thumb.jpg.5a6cfa68afb89c29b1078865be42e58f.jpg

I think yours should be okay - still probably no running in the house.

• Wow 2
On 6/21/2019 at 7:25 PM, Tamberav said:

Ya.... nope!... my 40B had a rim and it busted one day across the front. NOPE. Luckily the rim held the tank together and water just leaked slowly down from the crack instead of exploding all over the floor.

Then my dog broke my 5.5g with no effort with a SOFT rubber toy. 

Janky tanks are janky! I do love the price of them though!!!!! 

I did de-rim a 5g once, the edges were horrible and silicone a joke but it still didn't look bad once I sanded it a bit and cleaned up the silicon. It was absolutely not comparable to ADA/UNS or now the mitered edges they have but the price isn't even close to comparable either! 

I will say I kind of hate the rim on my 2.5g, I feel like it blocks my view too much on such a short tank. If the tank were tall I wouldn't even be bothered by it. I may have to upgrade to rimless when the contest ends. 😛 

Well since I only paid 45 bucks, if in the unfortunate event it does break or leak its only another 45 to replace. Hopefully it won't happen, but if it does not a big deal.  

On 6/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, Wonderboy said:

I can vouch for the other side of the spectrum. Janky tanks may have the chance to be faulty, but probably not most of the time. A few months ago, I had a major collapse in my 40B paludarium (cat to blame). The scape was made of stacked lava rocks, and ironically the second largest one hit and wedged itself against the front panel, right in the middle. Granted, the water level is kept low and the rim is there, but those rocks are not soft or anything. The front panel seemed fine, so I left it there holding up a few other rocks until I could get around to rescaping. I have been working on it the past few days:

IMG_2726.thumb.jpg.d1206f3056a2751245f4dcfee5c9e7ec.jpg

This is the rock that hit and rested on the front panel - I did not re-incorporate it into the new scape:

IMG_2725.thumb.jpg.5a6cfa68afb89c29b1078865be42e58f.jpg

I think yours should be okay - still probably no running in the house.

Cool paludarium! 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Well since I only paid 45 bucks, if in the unfortunate event it does break or leak its only another 45 to replace. Hopefully it won't happen, but if it does not a big deal.  

Cool paludarium! 

I was thinking of it failing randomly someday with 1000 dollars of coral in it's...not the tank cost itself :d 

Mine was probably faulty somehow but damn it was scary. It happened in the middle of the night too so all I could do was turn off the sump and drain the tank below the crack...add a powerhead and go to bed and pray till I could get a new one in the AM.

• Wow 1
59 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Scary - good thing you noticed it quick. I don't think I could go to bed - I'd be too nervous :scarry:

I walk by it to get to the bathroom and that's how I discovered it. I think I was just exhausted that day from work and frustrated so I was just like...#### it.. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Frag stop....thats a 7 foot tank...lots of drags lol 

20190623_150053.jpg

What exactly am I looking at here?