Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Thank you, I read the reviews about that filter. My mind completely forgot about it. Seems like a very good filter. Might grab that one instead of what I have.

4 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

grab a tidal 55, its a great filter...lots of room for filter floss and chemical filtration

2 minutes ago, Friendly said:

why not an aquaclear? then u can get an inTank media basket.

I want something big. Doesn’t the aquaclear only come in small sizes? 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Actually take that back, I was wrong

Now I have some thinkin to do 

The aquaclear is also cheaper which I’m a fan of

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
11 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

You might even be able to find aquaclear’s for sale used. I’ve picked up a couple of aquaclear 70’s used for our tanks. 

Could you guys possibly tell me which ones you are talking about? Bc there are a bunch that pop up and I don’t know which ones are which? 

Like a picture?

6 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Could you guys possibly tell me which ones you are talking about? Bc there are a bunch that pop up and I don’t know which ones are which? 

Like a picture?

Screenshot_20190331-111333_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just now, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Thanks👍

Sure. Leave the coral be in Tennessee till you get this situated bro. Just my .02 but someone else can "save" it. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, pgrVII said:

Sure. Leave the coral be in Tennessee till you get this situated bro. Just my .02 but someone else can "save" it. 

Yea I guess, but he needs them gone by Tuesday. I already ordered the filter and have changed 50% of my water with rodi water from my LFS. So everything is on its way to getting better. I’m taking all of your guys advice, so hopefully things will begin to turn around for the better. 

I have never had a coral die, not one. They are also free, can’t beat free

3 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I have never had a coral die, not one. They are also free, can’t beat free

Fish and inverts still count. 

You also have a cyano issue. And still have yet to confirm the identity of your mystery anemone to ensure you're giving it the proper care. You have issues you need to adress before you add anything living to the tank.

But, yeah, sure... free is free and if you crash your tank at least you haven't wasted too much money... 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
On 3/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I got a lot of stuff to save up for. No more life is going to be put into the tank till I get all of this stuff. Well, actually, I ordered a leopard mushroom 2 weeks ago and it’s coming this Tuesday. That’s the last thing

Ultimately it's up to you, but,that was Friday you said this,see our point?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
9 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Fish and inverts still count. 

You also have a cyano issue. And still have yet to confirm the identity of your mystery anemone to ensure you're giving it the proper care. You have issues you need to adress before you add anything living to the tank.

But, yeah, sure... free is free and if you crash your tank at least you haven't wasted too much money... 🤷‍♀️

Naw, I’m not going to get them. Don’t wanna risk it. I’m like 99% sure that it’s some type of baby carpet nem, not a mini maxi. It looks nothing like a mini maxi, and it has a long foot, not the small foot that mini maxis have. 

8 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Ultimately it's up to you, but,that was Friday you said this,see our point?

I know it’s going to get big and I have to be careful, so whenever it starts to get too big, I’ll either give it away or upgrade to a bigger tank.

ECLS Reefer

Did you really change your water to be 50% RODI and 50% SW? Do you monitor your salinity levels???

Your tank is limping along like a horse with a broken leg..... You need to fix the problems you currently have and stop adding stuff to it until you have figured out how to successfully beat them back and KEEP them back. Your sick tank isn't going to heal if you keep adding stuff here and there.

Change the filter and see how that helps, check your parameters more often. If you don't have a way to check salinity, I recommend a refractometer. You can get one of those cheaply off Amazon for $15. You need to work at keeping that in the right range to help your animals otherwise you're putting them at risk for dying. And you need to keep track of the pH more often because they want it to be in a certain range, like the salinity. If you dump 50% of FRESH water into SW you're dropping your salinity by at least half and your animals are not going to like that.  

So, I'd advise stop adding anything until you get the parameters right, look up on here how to mix saltwater correctly and not just dump in a load of RODI water. Resist the temptation to add stuff that's just going to add to the sick tank burden. Not one of those animals is going to fix the cyano, but they can all suffer from it.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

It’s really happy right now whatever it is, but I’m pretty sure it’s a carpet. My occellaris is hosting it, and clowns can’t host mini maxis. So that scratches out mini maxis.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

Did you really change your water to be 50% RODI and 50% SW? Do you monitor your salinity levels???

Your tank is limping along like a horse with a broken leg..... You need to fix the problems you currently have and stop adding stuff to it until you have figured out how to successfully beat them back and KEEP them back. Your sick tank isn't going to heal if you keep adding stuff here and there.

Change the filter and see how that helps, check your parameters more often. If you don't have a way to check salinity, I recommend a refractometer. You can get one of those cheaply off Amazon for $15. You need to work at keeping that in the right range to help your animals otherwise you're putting them at risk for dying. And you need to keep track of the pH more often because they want it to be in a certain range, like the salinity. If you dump 50% of FRESH water into SW you're dropping your salinity by at least half and your animals are not going to like that.  

So, I'd advise stop adding anything until you get the parameters right, look up on here how to mix saltwater correctly and not just dump in a load of RODI water. Resist the temptation to add stuff that's just going to add to the sick tank burden. Not one of those animals is going to fix the cyano, but they can all suffer from it.

No of course I monitor, I’m not stupid. My levels are where they have always been. I use a refractometer, and it’s where it’s supposed to be

2 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

It’s really happy right now whatever it is, but I’m pretty sure it’s a carpet. My occellaris is hosting it, and clowns can’t host mini maxis. So that scratches out mini maxis.

Pic👏tures👏

And who says clowns can't host mini maxis? I've seen them host all sorts of things. Mine cuddles up to a patch of gha. 

Pics, or it didn't happen. 

• Haha 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I mix salt with the rodi, I’m not that much of a beginner. I make sure everything is good. I use a api saltwater test kit, and everything is still where it’s supposed to be. Ph is 8.1, ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, and nitrate is around 0, but I want it to be a little higher. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Well,the nem is hosting your clown but thats not really a sure fire way to tell anyways,clowns will use anything as a host,powerheads etc. This is why you really need to listen and research which you havent,you have an Anemone that can reach massive size,and eat your fish. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, kimberbee said:

Pic👏tures👏

And who says clowns can't host mini maxis? I've seen them host all sorts of things. Mine cuddles up to a patch of gha. 

Pics, or it didn't happen. 

I’ll get you a picture when I get home. I’m not in town tonight, I just left this morning to visit family. I’ll be back tomorrow afternoon.

I’ll get you pictures of everything then

ECLS Reefer
3 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

No of course I monitor, I’m not stupid. My levels are where they have always been. I use a refractometer, and it’s where it’s supposed to be

You didn't include that in the information dump the other day, so I didn't know if you were tracking that or not. No one called you stupid- but I will say that the way you phrase your comments, does make a person wonder how much research you've done on these tanks, or whether you're just winging it. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, pgrVII said:

Well,the nem is hosting your clown but thats not really a sure fire way to tell anyways,clowns will use anything as a host,powerheads etc. This is why you really need to listen and research which you havent,you have an Anemone that can reach massive size,and eat your fish. 

Yes, I know. When he gets too big, I’ll either get rid of him or if I really like him and don’t want to get rid of him, I’ll just upgrade. Was thinking about upgrading to a 75.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

You didn't include that in the information dump the other day, so I didn't know if you were tracking that or not. No one called you stupid- but I will say that the way you phrase your comments, does make a person wonder how much research you've done on these tanks, or whether you're just winging it. 

I have done a ton of research, I know a lot. I just don’t include it in what I say to you guys sometimes, sorry. 

I’m actually studying to be a marine biologist, so I do already know a lot. I’m just impulsive at times

I have done a ton of research, I know a lot. I just don’t include it in what I say to you guys sometimes, sorry. 

I haven't seen a picture of this anemone, but you do know some carpet-like anemones get over half the length of a 75 gallon, right?  You really need to look up how to distinguish different species if you are questioning what you have. 

ECLS Reefer

I would include everything from now on, so we can see your reasoning and understand what you're thinking without physically being there with you to see your tank and your equipment and whatnot. Only you can tell us the complete picture of what's going on, so you need to verbalize it ALL. Learn to spit out the information in an organized manner so we can see what you're trying to do, why, what you've already done, what you hope to achieve, and give you advice on how you might actually get where you want to go. Giving us only 1% of the story doesn't help it just keeps everyone guessing.