Pod Your Reef

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, OverCookedRock said:

Idk man, 2 years or not I do not think you have a stable tank

My parameters have been spot on for a few months now, no fluctuations. Cyano wasn’t even a problem up until a few days ago when my long tentacle got into the wavemaker. By the way long tentacle is looking a lot better. He’s healing and already growing more tentacles 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
5 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Looks more like a regular maxi mini too me.

An open picture with clean glass would be really helpful to know exactly what you have...

I’ve had mini maxis, it doesn’t look anything like them

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

It’s really not very big, about the size of a mini maxi, maybe smaller. Is there a different type of carpet nem that is smaller but not a mini maxi?

17 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I will get you pics in a few minutes. I found the poor guy at pet smart. 

They just got him in and they priced him as a mini maxi carpet nem

It somewhat resembles that, but a little different also

What Petsmart sells saltwater?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, Outofstock said:

What Petsmart sells saltwater?

Oops sorry, I didn’t realize that I said petsmart. I meant to say petco, I was just talking about petsmart with my friend, accidentally got that on the brain.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I’m beginning to think that he is a mini maxi, bc he is thriving and looks amazing. If what you are saying is true and that my tank probably isn’t ready for a normal carpet, then I don’t think a regular carpet would survive. He just looks different from a mini maxi

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
20 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Nothing wrong with a cool looking mini maxi. You got it because you thought it was cool. That’s what matters. 

I got it bc I knew it was a steal. Even a rainbow mini maxi nem is still worth a lot more than 20 bucks. It also looks awesome 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

He has moved all around the tank but avoided all of my frags and my other nem. He has finally found a spot that he likes on the side of one of my rocks, halfway up the tank. Looks really amazing. 

Considering making a thread just for him. To keep everyone updated with him

A wise person once said...

14 hours ago, kimberbee said:

An open picture with clean glass would be really helpful to know exactly what you have...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

A wise person once said...

Kinda all encompassing here Kim Kim. $20 is cool for an anemone with no research on to what it really is. But not to get something to help the tank maintenance wise. #priorities bro

• Like 5
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
9 hours ago, OverCookedRock said:

Did anyone notice he mentioned he has a maroon clown and an osc. clown? 

Ticking time bomb...

They have never been a problem before. Haven’t attacked each other or anything else in the tank for the 6 months that I have had them together. They are model citizens

9 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Did you ever come up with a guard for your powerhead? I think that should be your priority number one, over any other livestock or new tanks. 

Yes, I ordered a current USA eflux and it’s in its way

It has a nem protector

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
10 hours ago, pgrVII said:

Kinda all encompassing here Kim Kim. $20 is cool for an anemone with no research on to what it really is. But not to get something to help the tank maintenance wise. #priorities bro

My tank doesn’t really need that much. I already ordered the current USA eflux

Cyano is slowly going away

16 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Oops sorry, I didn’t realize that I said petsmart. I meant to say petco, I was just talking about petsmart with my friend, accidentally got that on the brain.

Gah stay away from Petco's. I dont know any in the area that have decent stock. Can always try your luck at Hidden Reef or Fish Factory but there are some nicer stores popping up in the area too like ASR. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
10 minutes ago, Outofstock said:

Gah stay away from Petco's. I dont know any in the area that have decent stock. Can always try your luck at Hidden Reef or Fish Factory but there are some nicer stores popping up in the area too like ASR. 

They just got that nem in like an hour before I got there, and it looks healthy. The one near me isn’t really that bad. I’ve seen tanks that are worse. The only complaint I have is overstocked and have big fish in small tanks.

2 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

They have never been a problem before. Haven’t attacked each other or anything else in the tank for the 6 months that I have had them together. They are model citizens

Yes, I ordered a current USA eflux and it’s in its way

It has a nem protector

Ticking time bombs tick....hence the TIME part 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
12 minutes ago, OverCookedRock said:

Ticking time bombs tick....hence the TIME part 

Yea, by then tho, I’ll hopefully have 2 tanks or he will just stay peaceful

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I just have a question, I’m planning to buy some corals from eBay soon. WWC corals is who I would buy it from, but can you combine multiple orders on eBay so you would only have to pay for shipping once instead of every frag?

19 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I just have a question, I’m planning to buy some corals from eBay soon. WWC corals is who I would buy it from, but can you combine multiple orders on eBay so you would only have to pay for shipping once instead of every frag?

Yes, says it on the ebay item page under shipping

4 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Yea, by then tho, I’ll hopefully have 2 tanks or he will just stay peaceful

you gotta a lot of talk without a lot of walk but okay 

• Haha 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I just got home today and I went to check on my new anemone and he still looks really good, but he has changed colors? He is still a rainbow, but instead of orange red and a green mouth, he has a purple outer ring, a lime green inner ring and a neon yellow mouth? Does anyone know why he could be changing colors?