ReefCleaners.org

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I got a lot of stuff to save up for. No more life is going to be put into the tank till I get all of this stuff. Well, actually, I ordered a leopard mushroom 2 weeks ago and it’s coming this Tuesday. That’s the last thing

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, Outofstock said:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=TDS+water

I would suggest seeing if you can find RODI close to you first. Could be easier then dropping $150 on a unit right away. 

Yea, I’ll look before buying one of those. That’s probably not the most important thing that I need.

Thrassian Atoll

I didn’t realize your tank was that old!!  Figured you started it up when you joined a couple months ago.  Has it been yours for 1.5 years or somebody elses?  Kind of confusing.  

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Just now, TILTON said:

I didn’t realize your tank was that old!!  Figured you started it up when you joined a couple months ago.  Has it been yours for 1.5 years or somebody elses?  Kind of confusing.  

Nope, I started it myself. Cyano start up around the one year mark probably.

1 minute ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Yea, I’ll look before buying one of those. That’s probably not the most important thing that I need.

The correct water is pretty important....

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, Outofstock said:

The correct water is pretty important....

No I mean that I’ll get the rodi water, but that’s more important than a whole rodi unit

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I feel like it would be more beneficial to just buy rodi water for now and buy other things I need, then buy a rodi unit later, when everything is stable

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
31 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

Will a 4 stage be ok? I don’t have that kinda money for anything else

I actually use an ro buddy 4 stage. It was like 65 bucks I think. It works just fine for me. I upgraded it to a 100 gallon per day membrane.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I actually use an ro buddy 4 stage. It was like 65 bucks I think. It works just fine for me. I upgraded it to a 100 gallon per day membrane.

Where did you buy it from? Do you have a website? Bc I could afford that 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Here ya go

https://www.chewy.com/aquatic-life-ro-buddie-four-stage/dp/146154

edit: I have it hooked up to my cold water supply going to my washing machine. It has a faucet adapter and it can be stored when not in use. It's on the smaller side. I get 0 tds out of it. TDS = total dissolved solids. You want that number to be as close to zero as you can get it. Usually no more than 4 or 5.

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
3 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Almost all LFS have RODI water for sale. Call them and ask, before you go spending a bunch of money on a RODI unit. I pay anywhere between .30-.35 cents per gallon. 

If I do this, do I bring my own jugs?

NoOneLikesADryTang
1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

If I do this, do I bring my own jugs?

Yes. Or you can usually buy five gallon jugs from them for around $10. We’ve got six, five gallon jugs that we just have them fill when we need water. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
2 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

WalMart has 5 gallon buckets and lids for $5. I use them for my water making and storage.👌

19 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Yes. Or you can usually buy five gallon jugs from them for around $10. We’ve got six, five gallon jugs that we just have them fill when we need water. 

Ok thank you all, I’ll make sure to get some of that next time I’m at my LFS 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

His bright colors are kind of fading tho, instead of being a bright red and orange when I got him, his center is a brownish orange and his outside ring is a dark red. His mouth is still green tho

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I really want to get rid of this Marineland filter that meant for 30 gallons. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m really at a loss with what would be best?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

This is what I have and really hate it, but really don’t know what would be best. I have about 60 or 70 I could spend on one. 

4A229ED3-214D-4846-951F-A83D610F0185.png