Coral Vue Hydros

29 gallon: R.E.E.F Tank

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
59 minutes ago, OverCookedRock said:

Use your fancy iPhone and change the White Balance settings. Many here post some nice pictures with their iPhone 😉 

But yeah I would also fill the tank up so you're not splashing a bunch of bubbles and such 

I just filled it up. I would use my iPhone, but right now I don’t have safari. As you may know, I’m only 17, so I still live with my parents. They grounded me from safari and a bunch of games bc I got a bad grade in anatomy. So if I did take pictures, I don’t know how I would be able to transfer them to my iPad. Maybe through email.

57 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I just filled it up. I would use my iPhone, but right now I don’t have safari. As you may know, I’m only 17, so I still live with my parents. They grounded me from safari and a bunch of games bc I got a bad grade in anatomy. So if I did take pictures, I don’t know how I would be able to transfer them to my iPad. Maybe through email.

You don't know how to transfer anything from device to device? They're both Apple products also. 

Bruh you dumbfound me non stop 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, OverCookedRock said:

You don't know how to transfer anything from device to device? They're both Apple products also. 

Bruh you dumbfound me non stop 

Well it’s a school iPad. They blocked most things, except for the internet. Sorry for sounding so stupid

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
42 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

At 17 you could just get a job and pay for your fish goodies.

I do have a job. I work at dicks sporting goods. I’m getting another this summer after school so I can have 2 jobs. Trying to save for college you know. Gonna be broke in college😄

My parents don’t buy me stuff very often. I use my money from my job. 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Ok, I’m confused. I just got home and just set the bags in the tank to let them acclimate to the temperature. All I got were some more snails to help with the glass. But I looked on one of there shells and I see what looks to be a little baby nem? This was a complete accident, I had no idea this was on him. It’s a really pretty orange/pink color. Could anyone possibly id it? I know it’s kinda small? I’ll try to get better pictures later when it opens up. It has a orange foot and pink tentacles?

9710FA59-CAF0-4376-9BB4-3A3C4E23E10E.jpeg

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, Jeff Hood said:

I’d scrub it off.  Too much potential for it to be a pest.  

It was in a tank with a bunch of bubble tips, long tentacles and warath nems. I don’t think that it’s a bad one. It’s really pretty.

Any way you could transfer it to a rock?   I wouldn’t want it to stay on the snail.  If you don’t have a bunch of corals yet maybe it will walk off on it’s own over night.  I wouldn’t want it opening up and stinging all your coralstraveling on the back of a snail all over your tank.  Sorry I have not reviewed all your livestock.  

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
6 minutes ago, Jeff Hood said:

Any way you could transfer it to a rock?   I wouldn’t want it to stay on the snail.  If you don’t have a bunch of corals yet maybe it will walk off on it’s own over night.  I wouldn’t want it opening up and stinging all your coralstraveling on the back of a snail all over your tank.  Sorry I have not reviewed all your livestock.  

I don’t have many corals. I could also just put most of them on my frag rack. Ill try to get him off. I’ll just rub his foot to coax him to come off. Where would you suggest I try to put him?

1 hour ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I do have a job. I work at dicks sporting goods. I’m getting another this summer after school so I can have 2 jobs. Trying to save for college you know. Gonna be broke in college😄

My parents don’t buy me stuff very often. I use my money from my job. 

Saving money and having a reef tank you say?

HA! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
45 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

It kinda looks like a baby rose bubble tip

If not many corals to sting, just leave it alone and see what happens. I bet it moves off on it’s own and finds a suitable home. 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
9 minutes ago, Jeff Hood said:

If not many corals to sting, just leave it alone and see what happens. I bet it moves off on it’s own and finds a suitable home. 

I tried to get it off the snail and I couldn’t get it to budge. I’ll just let it go on it’s own. 

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I looked this morning at the nem and it’s still attached to the snail. It’s opened up more, but it won’t let go. It looked like a baby rose bubble tip or a baby warath. I’m hoping it’s a rose bubble😬

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I also saw my dartfish last night. He was looking a bit better. But he was still laying on the ground and he was letting my cleaner shrimp pick stuff off of him. After a while tho he would get annoyed and somewhat push himself off the sand using his front fins. He won’t use his tail for some reason. I tried to get a picture but he got away before I could pull out the camera. I couldn’t get a good look at his back tail fin, but could there be a possibility that he got stung on his tail and that’s why he is not using it? I’ll try to get a better look tonight and some pictures if I can find him. I don’t want to move the rocks around too much. I don’t want to stress him out and make it worse. 

Him breathing heavy could also be from a sting correct?

47 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I also saw my dartfish last night. He was looking a bit better. But he was still laying on the ground and he was letting my cleaner shrimp pick stuff off of him. After a while tho he would get annoyed and somewhat push himself off the sand using his front fins. He won’t use his tail for some reason. I tried to get a picture but he got away before I could pull out the camera. I couldn’t get a good look at his back tail fin, but could there be a possibility that he got stung on his tail and that’s why he is not using it? I’ll try to get a better look tonight and some pictures if I can find him. I don’t want to move the rocks around too much. I don’t want to stress him out and make it worse. 

Him breathing heavy could also be from a sting correct?

When you say "breathing heavy" what do you mean? Is it darting to the surface and gulping for air? Or are the gills working harder then other fish/it was before?

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

When you say "breathing heavy" what do you mean? Is it darting to the surface and gulping for air? Or are the gills working harder then other fish/it was before?

It was just laying there on the bottom and it’s gills where moving really heavy. Like it’s hard to describe. It’s breathing hard and fast. He swam away from the shrimp that was cleaning him when he got annoyed and went into his hole

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

It was just laying there on the bottom and it’s gills where moving really heavy. Like it’s hard to describe. It’s breathing hard and fast. He swam away from the shrimp that was cleaning him when he got annoyed and went into his hole

I don't know much about SW Fish but from Fresh Water experience I would be testing Ammonia, Nitrates, PH and Nitrite Levels. For a start as well as Salinity 

Personally I would try an increase the Oxygenation in the tank, if you have a power head point one up so that it ripples the surface, breaking the tension. If not maybe add a Air stone to the tank?

Saying all of that is the fish active and eating? That's usually my method of identifying an issue

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

It’s not super active but I’ve seen it out and about a few times, but not as much as usual. Everything else in the tank is doing great. I’ll test my salinity and test my water params again tonight when I get home

• Like 1
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

So I have an update. I saw the dartfish last night, but this morning I found him dead and he’s almost completely eaten? I don’t know if I have some scary hitchhiker, but something ate him except for the head in about 4 hours? I’m sad, but I guess it’s a good thing. Had too many fish. I think that I have a perfect amount right now.

I have 2 gobies and 2 clowns

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Also that baby nem is still attached to the snails shell. I tried to coax it off by putting the water flow directly on him, but he still won’t budge.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Also the baby nem is still on the snails shell. I tried to coax it off by putting the water flow directly on him, but he still won’t budge. He was opening up a small bit this morning.