inTank Media Baskets

Weetie's Zen Learning Experiment, Random Stuff

Weetabix7

9 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Okay, as promised, I have a pic of the Sexy Peach Galaxy Palys. 

I think they look better in real life, but this is the best pic I have so far. 

As you can see, an aiptasia managed to hitchhike in on the stalk of one of the Palys, so I will work on a way to kill it with extreme prejudice without hurting the Paly. 

e141a47c-8200-4f4e-a196-454446c6fc6b_zps

You must be sure to take pictures or a video of the aiptasia's excruciating demise. If there's one thing that makes reefers bloodthirsty it's aiptasia. :lol:

• Like 1

Ok, I need help. 

Will explain more later, but I need to pop a locline output Y onto a piece of locline already in a tank. 

Tank is dry & empty but must be filled 2 hrs from now. 

Have not yet been able to push it on. 

Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

HALP!!!! 

Nvm, found this, trying now: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/223463-loc-line-pliers-needed-or-not/

How on earth did we do stuff before the interwebs......

(actually, I know the answer to that, ask lots of questions & think creatively, but this is faster in a time crunch.)

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

They are a pain!  My only tip is pull the loc line bulkhead out and keep it as centered as possible when pushing it in.

Boy you weren't kidding, was definitely a pain!!  

I haven't been able to get that locline bulkhead out for years but I found some needlenose pliers I was able to use to unscrew it. 

It's a darn good thing, cause even using the technique in the link, I had to push crazy hard and would never have gotten it if the bulkhead was still inside the tank. 

I got it though, thanks much!!!

• Like 1
On 4/7/2017 at 5:15 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Time for the last stop of the Tour. 

I had a bit of a Mishap during WC yesterday with the Frogspawn frag in here. 

I dropped it. 

Yep, totally slipped through my fingers, had a bit of an impact that severed a few tentacles. 

I might also have "EEEEP'ed" loudly. 

Did a quick & simple lugol's dip on the frag before putting it back in the Pico, and you'd never guess it got hurt to look at it today:

1044018d-75f1-4bf0-a2bf-fa95325f39c9_zps

My pretty Orange Yuma is one of the things I haven't been adequately able to show off yet. It's actually a much brighter orange than you see here, but this is the best pic I've gotten of it yet:

fbe88d27-c8fb-4bd5-b408-02109c450593_zps

And finally, a topdown of the whole room:

5659d85f-4d65-451f-9433-83cb592c2673_zps

@gena, the Maze Brain in the bottom left is the one I was telling you about. I'll work on getting a pic that shows it off better, it has a really intense Chocolate-Chip Mint coloration. Also has reaaaalllly long sweeper tentacles. There's a reason I have that rock in between it and the Yuma!!

That's it for now Folks, hope you've enjoyed the show!!! :happy:

You're so sweet. The wait was a bit longer than I expected (I'm so bad about that!!), but I finally got some!!

Finally got some up, hope you like 'em!!

Is that the maze brain that is giving you fits now?  I'm so glad it's improving!  Those palys are so pretty!   

Christopher Marks
4 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Ok, I need help. 

Will explain more later, but I need to pop a locline output Y onto a piece of locline already in a tank. 

Tank is dry & empty but must be filled 2 hrs from now. 

Have not yet been able to push it on. 

Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

HALP!!!! 

Nvm, found this, trying now: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/223463-loc-line-pliers-needed-or-not/

Nice find! So did you put the Y adaptor into the freezer before attaching it? I bet that would work pretty well even in a filled tank with water at 80F.

3 hours ago, gena said:

Is that the maze brain that is giving you fits now?  I'm so glad it's improving!  Those palys are so pretty!   

Yep, it's that Brain. It does look better now, though it needs nursing back to health. 

Glad you like the Palys, they're super eye-catching in person!!! 

I've been waiting for a couple months to find a chance to talk an employee into pulling some out for me, cause they're just growing on the eggcrate frag rack there and not mounted or anything. I finally got lucky!!

54 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Nice find! So did you put the Y adaptor into the freezer before attaching it? I bet that would work pretty well even in a filled tank with water at 80F.

Put y-adaptor in freezer and male bulkhead part it fit onto in hot water. I never would have been able to do it in the tank. It's a good thing I was able to get the male part out with pliers cause it still required a decent bit of force. 

This is actually for the original Weetie's Lounge tank, which now has several bags of Beautiful stuff floating in it...... :ninja:

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Yep, it's that Brain. It does look better now, though it needs nursing back to health. 

Glad you like the Palys, they're super eye-catching in person!!! 

I've been waiting for a couple months to find a chance to talk an employee into pulling some out for me, cause they're just growing on the eggcrate frag rack there and not mounted or anything. I finally got lucky!!

Put y-adaptor in freezer and male bulkhead part it fit onto in hot water. I never would have been able to do it in the tank. It's a good thing I was able to get the male part out with pliers cause it still required a decent bit of force. 

This is actually for the original Weetie's Lounge tank, which now has several bags of Beautiful stuff floating in it...... :ninja:

They really are eye-catching.  I'm glad you were able to talk them into selling you some!  Reading about beautiful floating stuff and LFS...I feel like I need to go to my LFS and browse LOL.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gena said:

They really are eye-catching.  I'm glad you were able to talk them into selling you some!  Reading about beautiful floating stuff and LFS...I feel like I need to go to my LFS and browse LOL.

Sounds like fun!!!

Hopefully I will have pics of beautiful acclimated new stuff to post later tonight..... but as a Teaser, lemme tell ya, it's PURDY!!! 

Oh, and the Brain got all happy bout the new additions too and put out feeder tentacles, so I fed it!!! :happydance:

• Like 5
3 hours ago, gena said:

I did that today! :happy: Found a gorgeous green grandis paly that I am seriously tempted by...

I am curious to find out what "stuff" is in these "bags" that are "floating" in a "tank." :ninja:

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I did that today! :happy: Found a gorgeous green grandis paly that I am seriously tempted by...

I am curious to find out what "stuff" is in these "bags" that are "floating" in a "tank." :ninja:

Well...... this may have happened:

7cf98a0b-ba80-474d-b7cc-589dc6d30ab4_zps

daf77f08-3a5e-4fa3-a509-ba2ac92764d0_zps

This is a much deeper, darker, dramatic red in person:

4890f8b0-8bb9-47a7-b2d3-7c402c68e432_zps

• Like 12
19 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

omgomgomg

SO BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL!!!

Wish my dragon's breath woulda looked that good when it came in! :lol:

15 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Ok...I'm doing it today LOL.  I'll stop at 2 of my LFS in town.  Thursday is the best day to go because they get their new livestock on Wed.! 

15 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

VERY pretty! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Needreefunds said:

You weren't kidding. They hooked you up good Weets :) 

Yes, VERY happy with Live-Plants.com now, you guys, they send good stuff and lots of it!!!

And that was only the right side of the tank, there's more on the left. :happy:

HammerLover
On April 13, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Weetabix7 said:

Its so BEAUTIFUL! :wub:

unfortunately the only macros for sale here are your typical grape caulerpa, boring chaeto and the cactus-like Halimeda. 

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Yes, VERY happy with Live-Plants.com now, you guys, they send good stuff and lots of it!!!

And that was only the right side of the tank, there's more on the left. :happy:

They really do hook you up with a ton of very nice macros for the money. They're who I get my macros from.

• Like 1

Was gone over the weekend, trying to catch up now. 

I have some great news, the Maze Brain is doing SOOOOO much better, it almost looks as good as new!!!! I'm so happy. 

I have tried something a little experimental with the Macros in this tank, will update more on that later and hopefully get more pics up at the same time. 

To answer a couple people who have asked, on the left side of the tank I am holding some Macros for a friend who went in on the order with me. There's a couple different types of Red Graciliara, some Hypnea Pannosa, Dragon's Breath, mebbe a couple other sprigs of other Red Macro. 

• Like 4