ReefCleaners.org

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

Brilliant idea with the wreathe. I think its going to look excellent when its totally pulled off. I can already see it in your recent pics.

Fun read through this thread. I had no idea these kinds of tanks even existed! Are Katropora frags ever up for sale/trade?

I have 2 mini colonies up for grabs right now actually.

• Like 1

Pure sex right there!!! This is gonna be awesome!

This tank is awesome alright but anyone who compares reef tanks to sex needs to get a life..Hahah

• Like 1

I'm going to have to agree with Veng on this one. You have a bit too much negative space in the center.

That, in combination with the white sandbed on the top, is a bit distracting. Might I suggest removing the top sand and glass lip?

• Like 1

Good morning from the wreath. Reef. :lol:

OH HELLS NOE!!! I search on Craigslist for reef, I get 6-10 hits for a door reef or a hanging reef instead of them typing wreath!!!! FUUUUUUUUUU

• Like 3

It's coming along. I like how it is starting to shape up.

I think it would be a little easier to scape if there was more depth, front to back, in the lower section.

I came across an really cool dropoff tank at a somewhat local fish store. They are importing them from Greece.

image_zpsspjrohtl.jpg

Kind of pricy at around 4k, but it includes the light, tank, sump, stand, skimmer, and plumbing. Everything but water circulation, so no too bad. Not sure what the specs on the light are. It has strainers instead of an overflow though.

• Like 7

Oh wow, I can't keep up with you kat. Another tank?

I'm gonna some tips when it's time to make my transition to the new tank.

Did you start up fresh or what? :)

:blush: I moved apartments and while I was taking my time moving the contents of the tank to a holding tank, I decided I could possibly get a new tank and so here we are. It's an upgrade. Although volume wise it's less than before - go figure.

• Like 2

That is looking raelly good.

Any plans for something low along the sand on the bottom?

The gap on the top looks good and the space in the middle works well, but for some reason the space on the bottom is too distracting for me. It keeps pulling my focus. I really feel that it could use something to fill that in, nothing big or anything that necessarily comes out towards the glass. Just something that stays low to the sand and bridges the gap to tie the two columns together. Or maybe something along the back on the left side that cascades to the right a little bit, not necessarily connecting to the right.

• Like 1